Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, StanSP said:

It'a a shit game. Stats only say so much. Brighton have been as bad as Arsenal.

Nah, they've been much more creative.  Terrible in the box but getting there much more often.  I'm not denying it's a poor game btw.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Just now, StanSP said:

It'a a shit game. Stats only say so much. Brighton have been as bad as Arsenal.

The one shot on target probably gives that away tbf. Two poor sides grinding it out by the looks and sound of things. Never thought I’d be saying that at the start of the season. 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Alioski broke his nose. Always happens when you have to change shirts for blood

‘Blood’ shirts must also have a number. I was shirt printer at my Conference Team back in England and those were the rules.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

‘Blood’ shirts must also have a number. I was shirt printer at my Conference Team back in England and those were the rules.

Been occasions where literally physio has to get a marker or use tape to make out the number. Surprised like yourself 

• Like 1

Just now, murphy said:

Not really because we signed the real Ghezzal instead.  It was one or the other.  A choice of bullets.

Fair enough. Murdered whoever we chose.

5 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Nah, they've been much more creative.  Terrible in the box but getting there much more often.  I'm not denying it's a poor game btw.

I'm not seeing this creativity. They're barely stringing passes together even towards the box.

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Che Adams got a good kicking from Craig Dawson... not even a yellow card

Wtf. How does that not get reviewed in to a red for dangerous play, even if the ref misses it?!

9 minutes ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Leeds are being themselves but have taken all their chances and also benefitted from a ridiculous own goal and a very generous deflection. West Brom might have had a penalty when it was still 1-1, but they’re not good enough on the counter to hurt Leeds like other teams might.

When was it 1-1? 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I'm not seeing this creativity. They're barely stringing passes together even towards the box.

Wtf. How does that not get reviewed in to a red for dangerous play, even if the ref misses it?!

I'm not saying they're peak Barcelona, but if the question is "which of these 2 teams is playing better football" the answer is surely Brighton.

Anyway the reason I thought the stats were funny is Arsenal only managed one shot off target against a Brighton team not playing particularly defensive football. It's astonishing.

As I type Arsenal get shots 2, 3 and now 4 of the game.  Waking up now it seems.  Wonder what Arteta said to them.