Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

46 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

a recent study suggests the asymptomatic things is bullshit

http://www.emro.who.int/health-topics/corona-virus/transmission-of-covid-19-by-asymptomatic-cases.html

Comprehensive studies on transmission from asymptomatic patients are difficult to conduct, as they require testing of large population cohorts and more data are needed to better understand and quantified the transmissibility of SARS-CoV-2. WHO is working with countries around the world, and global researchers, to gain better evidence-based understanding of the disease as a whole, including the role of asymptomatic patients in the transmission of the virus.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03141-3

As part of a large population study in Geneva, Switzerland, researchers modelled viral spread among people living together. In a manuscript posted on medRxiv this month2, they report that the risk of an asymptomatic person passing the virus to others in their home is about one-quarter of the risk of transmission from a symptomatic person.

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond
Adding further reference point
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

http://www.emro.who.int/health-topics/corona-virus/transmission-of-covid-19-by-asymptomatic-cases.html

Comprehensive studies on transmission from asymptomatic patients are difficult to conduct, as they require testing of large population cohorts and more data are needed to better understand and quantified the transmissibility of SARS-CoV-2. WHO is working with countries around the world, and global researchers, to gain better evidence-based understanding of the disease as a whole, including the role of asymptomatic patients in the transmission of the virus.

I've got covid, I'm pretty sure I know where I got it from and I did have symptoms a week before I was tested but they were very mild, I can see how people could easily carry on not knowing they have it

• Like 3

Just now, splinterdream said:

I've got covid, I'm pretty sure I know where I got it from and I did have symptoms a week before I was tested but they were very mild, I can see how people could easily carry on not knowing they have it

Felt it worth responding - because I've seen that claim making the rounds in numerous places - yet struggled to find the relating study. 

I have no doubt a study suggesting this has been published somewhere, but whether it's peer-reviewed and indeed in anyway a widely confirmed hypothesis is rather doubtful in my view. 

It's one of those - information is offered and because it confirms a certain overall view about this whole situation people leap on it without questioning it. But of course those who do believe that Covid is a thing to be concerned about are the sheep.

And isn't Chiwell playing well, to get things back on thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Lampard is showing to be out of his depth. 

Thought for a while he is. This trend of top clubs giving the job to ex players has weakened top level football. Great for clubs like us.

Solskjaer is another but you know what, other than the obviously biased class of 92 media, he gets it a lot harder than Lampard from fans, Lampard very much gets away with it. That Chelsea side should be challenging for the title and right now I'd probably back them to finish below 4th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

lol There is no conspiracy here lads.

I don't think there's a conspiracy but I don't believe managers who are playing twice in 48 hours this week will complain about matches being called off.

We'd have been the same.