Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I reckon football might be put on hold given the crazy number of Covid cases (50K+) reported today. Maybe one more round of fixtures, then time for a hiatus. Luckily we know our team does great after a restart! :ph34r:lol

Not sure they will, no testing was in place last season. 

More people being test is going to result in more positive results.

Vaccination programme under way, lots of places of work still open.

• Like 1

The lack of positive tests amongst PL players since June shows how well protected they have been in their bubbles, I do wonder if they have been lax in their whereabouts over Xmas and this is the result given the increase across the country.

With the regular mass testing and social distancing outside of football, this really should be kept under control amongst the PL clubs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The lack of positive tests amongst PL players since June shows how well protected they have been in their bubbles, I do wonder if they have been lax in their whereabouts over Xmas and this is the result given the increase across the country.

With the regular mass testing and social distancing outside of football, this really should be kept under control amongst the PL clubs.

Have heard from a medical source close to Man City that their COVID protocol has been shockingly adhered to recently, so no surprise to see them in the thick of it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Not sure they will, no testing was in place last season. 

More people being test is going to result in more positive results.

Vaccination programme under way, lots of places of work still open.

Good points. Also, as many doctors have said, positive tests are NOT infections unless the individuals are actually falling ill and due to false positives - I personally know this as just this Boxing Day, my cousin was hospitalised with a blood clot on the lung but it was initially diagnosed as Covid 19, then changed to blood clot with none of his immediate family having to go into quarantine....

Also, have they said how many of these 50,000 positive tests have resulted in hospitalisations? That should be going hand in hand with cases when the media report on it now.

Edited by Kendal Fox

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Have heard from a medical source close to Man City that their COVID protocol has been shockingly adhered to recently, so no surprise to see them in the thick of it. 

Everton asked for full disclosure from the PL regarding the Covid details surrounding yesterday's postponement.

Nothing forthcoming as of yet.

6 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Everton asked for full disclosure from the PL regarding the Covid details surrounding yesterday's postponement.

Nothing forthcoming as of yet.

Wouldn’t be surprised if a certain Kyle Walker hasn’t strayed for a third time...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Good points. Also, as many doctors have said, positive tests are NOT infections unless the individuals are actually falling ill.

Also, have they said how many of these 50,000 positive tests have resulted in hospitalisations? That should be going hand in hand with cases when the media report on it now.

Hospitalizations will track with the infection rates. Up 17% over the last week (2,300 admitted daily) so doesn't include the Christmas period which will invariable spike a little. Hospitals are rapidly reaching breaking, January will be a horror show for the NHS. Our government is reactionary not proactive so don't expect anything until it's too late. If the lower leagues feel it impossible to continue and pause then the FA and PL clubs MUST financially support them imo. 

22 minutes ago, casablancas said:

He’s their vardy. Horrible rat who’s also world class. We are just jealous lol  

He's arguably worse than Vardy to the British fan though, isn't he? He comes steeped in that Iberian football culture of shithouse fakery, moaning at the ref every instance, appealing for literally everything, rolling around theatrically at the slightest touch. 

At least Vardy has a bit more of our Northern European stoicism blended in with his cynicism. Absolutely no kind of angel and I'm under no illusions about how much other clubs fans don't like him but he's an arsehole in a way that we tolerate a little better in this country. 

I don't think Bruno would be as unpopular to fans of, say, Villareal, Sevilla or Celta if he'd gone to Real instead. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1