Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can't tell by the replays, the camera isn't showing the ball on the arm. How is the VAR ref can make a decision, have to ask the Villa player if it touched his arm

You see the ball hits the thigh and then it touches his arm... would be wrong decision to give a peno. I want Villa to lose so much but right call 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Get ready for the interpretation of the law excuse that will be trotted out at half time stating why the referee and VAR was right to give that decision.

Apparently it has to be on Targett for a penalty to be given, ...and it was on Matty Cash! ;):facepalm::whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Vacamion said:

If the ref saw it the way many of us did in real time and had blown for a penalty, I'm not convinced VAR would have overturned that.

It is all ifs and buts... it would have been so harsh... yes the arm is out and had it hit direct no doubt, but because it flicks off the thigh you can’t give it. Right decision

Just now, StanSP said:

The commentators just mentioned the handball in Liverpool vs Leeds on first day of the season would still stand, even though it deflects up off the thigh. So what's different here?

They have changed the rule slightly, not great they do this in a season though ... so I agree that is rubbish 

• Like 1

He moved his hand towards the ball to block it, whether his thigh plays a part or not should be irrelevant. 
The refs need to make more judgments by using the pitch side monitor. Stop bottling it. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is all ifs and buts... it would have been so harsh... yes the arm is out and had it hit direct no doubt, but because it flicks off the thigh you can’t give it. Right decision

I disagree.

Looked like a penalty in real time.

And in replays.

And he moved his arm out to make himself bigger.

Still, it's a game of differing opinions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I disagree.

Looked like a penalty in real time.

And in replays.

And he moved his arm out to make himself bigger.

Still, it's a game of differing opinions.

I’m real time I agree, he has his hand in an unnatural position no doubt... but because it hits the thigh first you can’t give it ... kind of like a challenge that totally misses, however dangerous no booking