Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

If a player dives towards the ball with their hand out like in this case it’s a penalty. Every day of the week, no crappy interpretations of a crappy rule will convince me that’s not a penalty.

I’d have no complaints of Fofana did that tomorrow and a penalty was given against us. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m real time I agree, he has his hand in an unnatural position no doubt... but because it hits the thigh first you can’t give it ... kind of like a challenge that totally misses, however dangerous no booking 

Didn’t Spurs get a goal ruled out the other day for handball for a simpler thing? So it was handball the other day but not today?

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Didn’t Spurs get a goal ruled out the other day for handball for a simpler thing? So it was handball the other day but not today?

Not the same league I know but we got a penalty when the ball hit a leg then arm so really it’s just pot luck .

It hit his thigh but his arm is out too. I was amazed when it wasn't given (and another probably will be).

Shows also the ridiculous issue with attacking players being pulled up for exactly the same thing.

Keepers and defenders get away with an awful lot, contrary to reports.

4 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Ludicrous decision. Unbelievable. 

Something I’ve just realised as well Villa got a free kick as a result of it not being an handball, how and why? It was a Villa defender who kicked the ball out of play

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Something I’ve just realised as well Villa got a free kick as a result of it not being an handball, how and why? It was a Villa defender who kicked the ball out of play

Yeah couldn't work that out either. Surely while they're checking they should be giving a nudge to the on-field ref saying 'last touch came off a Villa player, give a corner you madman'

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If we were Southampton and had just had that half, with that decision, imagine the tin foil hat stuff that would be posted in here.

I guess it would be similar to the absolutely valid posts when that hand ball didn't get given in the League Cup semi against Villa...

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I guess it would be similar to the absolutely valid posts when that hand ball didn't get given in the League Cup semi against Villa...

There's a difference between

"They were utterly crap decisions by the official which changed the game and denied us a result"

and

"Those in charge are engaged in a high level conspiracy to keep Leicester from winning".

I'm afraid we have seen some of the latter at times over the last few seasons.

I'm inclined to put it down to "Captain Cockup" rather than "Colonel Conspiracy".  :dunno:

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 1

I hate that they do it like this but Villa do defend at times very well - especially in terms of getting bodies in the way of any shot (and I don't mean just handball!!). Reminds me of how Big Wes would defend. Body on the line, get in front of the shot at all costs attitude...