Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

19 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

an absolute joke, you could be forgiven for thinking cash was the goalkeeper.

It really doesn't make any sense. They said that its not a handball because it came of his thigh then it his hand but for me, whatever it came of doesn't matter it still hits his hand ( which also is in an unnatural position) and clearly hits his hand. Wish they actually had clear rules on these things so we don't need these debates anymore and we can actually talk about the game.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I hate that they do it like this but Villa do defend at times very well - especially in terms of getting bodies in the way of any shot (and I don't mean just handball!!). Reminds me of how Big Wes would defend. Body on the line, get in front of the shot at all costs attitude... 

Agree to an extent although the amount of last ditch tackle/blocks suggest a certain amount of disorganisation in the first place 

Just seen it ... it’s a penalty everyday of the week and for me I would like to return to the days without VAR. It’s had what 18 months? Or if they need to keep it ... they need to ensure the rules of the game are in line with the dog sh1t. They also need to have the same group of officials or whoever running the checks, the only way we will see consistency. 

Edited by casablancas
  • Like 3

Just now, casablancas said:

Just seen it ... it’s a penalty everyday of the week and for me I would like to return to the days without VAR. It’s had what 18 months? Or if they need to keep it ... they need to ensure the rules of the game are in line with. They also need to have the same group of officials or whoever running the checks, the only way we will see consistency. 

But the ref didn't give it in real time.

Even though it really massively looked like handball at full speed.

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

Then surely it’s clear and obvious error? Lol

I think it was subjective. Hence why it wasn’t given. If the on field ref had given it it would have stood. It’s no where near as clear cut as is being made out on here. I get people don’t like villa but the bias is unbelievable.

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I think it was subjective. Hence why it wasn’t given. If the on field ref had given it it would have stood. It’s no where near as clear cut as is being made out on here. I get people don’t like villa but the bias is unbelievable.

There’s no bias in thinking that was a penalty. If it was us I’d still say it was. 

14 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

My opinion that it should be a penalty for handball stems from the fact that it should be a penalty for handball.  Nothing to do with Villa.  The PL and PGMOL might want us all to think it's not clear cut but don't be fooled, there are four lights.

• Like 2