Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

You can't. 

exactly.  I mean did you see that picture when they zoomed in to place the lines?  Blurry and pixelated.  And I may be going crazy but I swear they drew the line from the Aston Villa player's butt too far out.

and then when they are drawing the line on Ings arm.  They pan each way.  Like, there can be no consistency from drawing lines from the player's "sleeve" or whatever.  It's in impossible thing to base a black and white decision on.

It's just so frustrating.  VAR, and particularly VAR for offside, does not have to suck this much.  They are making it suck by being complete idiots about it.  

• Like 3

Just now, SemperEadem said:

The implementation of VAR has spoilt football.

fixed.  let's not forget, they called that offside on the field.  So without VAR then no difference.  VAR SHOULD be looking at that, seeing there is no conclusive evidence he was offside, and awarding the goal.  

It is not "VAR's" fault that didn't happen.  It's people.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bats8711 said:

fixed.  let's not forget, they called that offside on the field.  So without VAR then no difference.  VAR SHOULD be looking at that, seeing there is no conclusive evidence he was offside, and awarding the goal.  

It is not "VAR's" fault that didn't happen.  It's people.

I think the linos are happier to call offsides now because they have the VAR safety net.

9 minutes ago, Corky said:

Compare and contrast Man City's "gracious" comments towards Sheffield United who played so well and to us after thumping them.

Glorious :brendan_still:

just came here to post that. they’re so patronising aren’t they. gabriel jesus seemed genuinely shocked that a team dared go to the etihad and play well....???

31 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Have we given up complaining about non-socially distanced celebrations now? That didn't last very long lol

I think it was just a visual gesture as opposed to anything that really needed to be done, but still I agree why do it for one game where pundits are fawning over it then the next game it's out the window 🤣

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

I think it was just a visual gesture as opposed to anything that really needed to be done, but still I agree why do it for one game where pundits are fawning over it then the next game it's out the window 🤣

I haven't seen any team other than us even pretend to give a shit about that, even during that one week.

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex

So much money spent by Everton in recent years, and really no improvement to where they were under the likes of Moyes and Martinez. We were so unlucky not to have beaten them. Calvert-Lewin = early season wonder

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It shows that the likes of Pep and Klopp fear us. They always praise teams in the bottom half of the table. They rave about Bielsa and Pep was even raving about Allardyce the other day. But not once do they say a good word about Rodgers or Leicester. Top teams never praise other top teams or their managers. We are getting dragged into the "big team" mind games, except Brendan doesnt play games, hes just honest and says things how they are. I absolutely detest Pep and Klopp.

It's not even that, they'd have praised us if we'd lost 2-1 for giving them a hard game. You know you've done well when they bring out the sour grapes.

4 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

So much money spent by Everton in recent years, and really no improvement to where they were under the likes of Moyes and Martinez. We were so unlucky not to have beaten them. Calvert-Lewin = early season wonder

when we played them at home earlier in the season the pundits were actually saying DCL was on Vardy’s level. lol

Guest StevieLynex
10 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Did I hear correct no win in 8 for Nuno at Wolves, for all what he's done for them I can't imagine his job would be under threat surely?

Let's get in and sign Neto