Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

Richards “who’s been top of the league this season, Spurs, Man City , Liverpool” ahem ... lol  these pundits sigh. 

Sure us and Everton have been top a couple of times. I loved to see the reaction if we won it again... another fluke season eh?

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Sure us and Everton have been top a couple of times.

Yeah ... but we aren’t “big 6” so it don’t count. They haven’t even mentioned us or wolves yet and we are what ... 15 mins in. Sky’s bias is so blatant it beggars belief. Oh they’ve remembered we are both playing lol 

Edited by casablancas

Just now, browniefox said:

As have Southampton I believe 

Southampton's table topping was a bit hollow (for want of a better word, it's obviously still decent), because they played on the Friday before everyone else followed over the weekend. Found it a bit odd how big a deal was made of that.

Depends whether or not people look at who's top once a 'game week' has been fully completed. I guess COVID has always meant a few sides have games in hand, though.

22 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

For the third choice keeper for England who would you take.... Johnston, Forster or Henderson?

On current form I would have Darlow. Long term Johnston will be England’s no1 I believe 

edit - just for clarity in my opinion England should take Pope, Darlow and Johnstone to the euros with pope no1

Edited by peach0000
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

West Brom are even worse under Allardyce.

I know the PFM brigade are not allowed to say anything remotely negative about Big Sam but defensively they are much worse, which is his strong point.

Agreed at least under Billic West Brom had a go, now there just going down without a fight. I mean compare West Brom the other day to Sheffield United who they lost to... I mean Sheffield United have already have gone but I'd say there was a lot more passion and fight in the blades than the baggies. I mean the pre match interview summed up Big Sam he was asked if that game "was a must win" and he replied "we must not lose"... well your playing a team bottom of the league your actually going there just gain a point.

Edited by Leicesterpool

13 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

On current form I would have Darlow. Long term Johnston will be England’s no1 I believe 

edit - just for clarity in my opinion England should take Pope, Darlow and Johnstone to the euros with pope no1

Yet we all know Pope, henderson and pickford will go. Pickford who is rotated out by Ancelotti and cup gk Henderson. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Another classic after match quote from Fat Sam "Seeing Harry Kane unmarked in our box. That lapse at this level just can't happen". Well it can and it did!!

And it certainly can at the low level his team find themselves in.

I think it’s obvious what he meant with that comment. 

Souness openly referring to Liverpool as 'his team' just now and Neville saying 'he wants Everton to lose' on commentary yesterday really is poor.

It's one thing knowing a person favours another team and that's been covered no end on here but it's poor professionalism when they're openly discussing it in that way imo.

It only bothers me so much now I'm forced to be an armchair fan and have to put up with it more.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Well yeah it is obvious so I didn’t understand why you picked that quote out as a ‘classic’. 

My "classic" reference was a tongue-in-cheek remark. I thought a person of your calibre would have realised that. Life is too short to be serious all the time.