Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Academy Award for best supporting actor goes to Salah then.

4 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

How the fcuk was that a penalty.

A dive with minimum contact.

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Wait wow Salah went down like he had been tazered.

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

What a dive that is. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

That was embarrassing

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm sorry but that was a ridiculous dive lol

Issue is, if Salah stays on his feet and doesn’t get the ball, the ref doesn’t give that. Can’t really blame Salah for removing any doubt...ultimately he’s got Liverpool back into it. 

It’s obviously not a penalty but given that Dias isn’t trying to play the ball, once it’s been given shouldn’t he be sent off?

The whole thing is a complete mess.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

About time commentators and pundits called the diving out. Call it what it is. Cheating.

This is why Carragher shouldn't do Liverpool games (and Neville for Man Utd). 

They'll never call it out as long as it benefits their own team, and definitely not on Sky. 

• Like 3

There's two issues, first is fouls not being given for penalties, meaning whenever a player feels contact they feel like they have to go down otherwise they aren't going to win the penalty, we see it happening constantly, a player rides the tackles or jumps and doesn't get anything.

The second is the non awarding of yellow cards for diving, if we did it more often and when we should we cut out a lot of the cheating.

• Like 1

Just now, adam95581 said:

Issue is, if Salah stays on his feet and doesn’t get the ball, the ref doesn’t give that. Can’t really blame Salah for removing any doubt...ultimately he’s got Liverpool back into it. 

Disagree I will always call players out for cheating. 

Just now, adam95581 said:

Even if he did stay on his feet, it’s not a foul unless we are switching to non-contact 

• Like 1

It's a sad state of affairs (and I know it's been going on for a while) that for a player in that kind of position, their first instinct is to go down and get a penalty - and potentially a player sent off - as opposed to carry on through on goal and get a goal without causing controversy. 

1 minute ago, Sly said:

Spitty isn’t calling out Salah for diving is he. 

I’m surprised Neville hasn’t mentioned it. 

A draw is good though. 

Only time I have ever seen it is in European games when comms love to call out foreign players

Edited by UniFox21

1 minute ago, adam95581 said:

There's initiating contact, going down easily and blatant diving. The first two are cleaver the last one is cheating and that was cheating and should have been punished as such.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

It's a sad state of affairs (and I know it's been going on for a while) that for a player in that kind of position, their first instinct is to go down and get a penalty - and potentially a player sent off - as opposed to carry on through on goal and get a goal without causing controversy. 

I’m sure he has his instructions from Klopp