Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I dont have anything against Micah Richards and Gabby Agbonlahor but their Brummie accents is unsuitable for radio & TV. Not trying to offend anyone but I can't listen to either of them for more than a minute, especially Agbonlahor. It's nails on a chalkboard.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Koke said:

I dont have anything against Micah Richards and Gabby Agbonlahor but their Brummie accents is unsuitable for radio & TV. Not trying to offend anyone but I can't listen to either of them for more than a minute, especially Agbonlahor. It's nails on a chalkboard.

Agbonlahor is dire. Even worse is his so called moustache. I've seen 15 year old grow better ones. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Koke said:

I wouldn’t say Richards has a particularly Brummie accent, he sounds more northern to me 

31 minutes ago, Koke said:

Brummie? Richards has quite a prominent Yorkshire accent, maybe a Mancunian twang to it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

The one on Sterling was definitely a penalty.

The Salah one is just seriously embarrassing.

EtpfeWFXYAUXcct?format=jpg&name=large

Ahh ...  that may look bad but if you look 3 frames back you will see that the Citeh player has just hit him very hard on the back of the head with a nunchuck, and then quickly concealed it in his shorts ... 

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Ban these cvnts for life. Disgraceful. 

Or even longer !! ..   if at all possible ... 

Seriously ...   If VAR can stop this fvckin cheating sh1te it will have paid for itself 100 times over imo. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I dunno looking at that image, there’s a fair bit of contact on his bicep which has caused his legs to give way

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I also felt the Sterling one he ran into the player rather than the player stick his leg out and catch him. Think it’s very harsh on the defender there

I just want to play devils advocate here - he obviously feels strongly enough about this to withdraw himself from selection at the weekend (and fair play to him), but is (by the looks of it) happy to do a game on Wednesday night in the cup. What difference does the competition make in this scenario? Or do we think he’s just doing it because it’s been agreed and would be a ballache to change it at the last minute? 

He either wants to come out the firing line or he doesn’t, surely? 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

I just want to play devils advocate here - he obviously feels strongly enough about this to withdraw himself from selection at the weekend (and fair play to him), but is (by the looks of it) happy to do a game on Wednesday night in the cup. What difference does the competition make in this scenario? Or do we think he’s just doing it because it’s been agreed and would be a ballache to change it at the last minute? 

I would imagine the FA Cup has a smaller audience than the global entity that is the PL.

I do agree though - odd he can do the Wednesday but not the weekend. Maybe it coincides with the break he was due as mentioned above.

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I think it's entirely possible that someone has messaged him online and sent an empty death threat, which isn't nice. I also think that he either already knew or had a strong feeling that he'd be dropped from prem matches for a while so everyone gets to save face.

Like you say, if he was genuinely concerned then he wouldn't be reffing on Wednesday.

When people try to make excuses for death threats by trying to make a conspiracy that he "knew he was getting dropped" well, it kind of sums up how shit football is these days.

Everyone has an agenda, everyone is crap or useless and should never referee again. I don't know where we're going here, but it's not good.

This sport is getting more and more toxic as the seasons pass because it seems the endless viciousness and idiocy of fans will never end. It's horrible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When a referee that has been officiating matches this long in the PL this tends to occasionally happen;

They walk over to the screen, they already want to get the red card out, they pretend to veiw the footage, they nonchalantly walk back with a swagger that scooby doo would be proud of and send the player off. 

Abuse should never be accepted whatsoever, but it often has a route cause and Mike Dean is doing himself no favours. Hes been doing this for years. I reiterate though that online hate has no place in society no matter who you are.

9 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

When people try to make excuses for death threats by trying to make a conspiracy that he "knew he was getting dropped" well, it kind of sums up how shit football is these days.

Everyone has an agenda, everyone is crap or useless and should never referee again. I don't know where we're going here, but it's not good.

This sport is getting more and more toxic as the seasons pass because it seems the endless viciousness and idiocy of fans will never end. It's horrible.

I feel that the PGMOL have “blood on their hands” here to a certain extent for not taking him out of the spotlight earlier, they’ve allowed this situation to bear fruit quite needlessly. We’ve seen multiple instances over the years where referees are given a bit of a break after they’ve made a few mistakes, why is this situation different? I don’t blame Dean here, at all, he ****ed up and he probably knows that too and if he could go back he’d probably change his mind. But allowing him to continue under the cloud of the first dodgy decision may have affected his judgement for his other mistakes, we don’t know if that is the case but it might be. 

I want to reiterate that online abuse is vile and needless and I hope that those responsible are prosecuted but this was a situation that was quite easily avoidable. 

Edited by Manini

Controversial opinion but Dean is actually one of the best officials in the league in my opinion. His eccentric style makes him more open for abuse where other worse referees get away with being shocking because they are almost anonymous. I always think dean shows equal contempt for all teams and players and is one of the few officials that doesn't seem openly bias.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

Controversial opinion but Dean is actually one of the best officials in the league in my opinion. His eccentric style makes him more open for abuse where other worse referees get away with being shocking because they are almost anonymous. I always think dean shows equal contempt for all teams and players and is one of the few officials that doesn't seem openly bias.

I wholeheartedly disagree. The bit in bold made me laugh though lol 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Manini said:

He was already allocated the game on Wednesday, premier league games at the weekend haven’t been allocated yet