Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Kane, Sterling, Sancho, Rashford, Foden, Maddison, Grealish however you look at it that's some talent England have! It's an exciting time for the national team... It's a shame Southgate has to ruin it lol

He has to fit 3 of Mount, Rice, Henderson and Winks into his miserable formation so another talented group wasted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

We all know Southgate won't play him over Tammy Abraham and Mason Greenwood anyway. He doesn't play for the right team. So I can confidently say that won't happen.

He picked Kalvin Phillips when Leeds were still in the Championship.

He’ll probably have Jack Harrison ahead of Harvey Barnes on his list.

And of course Bamford ahead of Harry Kane :thumbup:

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

There's a new striker every year that has a good season and is talked up far too much. Last season it was Puki this season it's Bamford. The great strikers do it year after year I'd only put Kane and Vardy in that category as far as England strikers go.

Tbf, rashford has been doing whatever the **** it is he's been doing, season after season now. Problem is southgate thinks that's enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Meltons john brooks for example. Did pretty much everything as a Lino from premier league, champions league and internationals. He’s now decided to be the man in the middle and went from premier league and built himself from league one to the championship I think he’s now in as a referee. 

Hes getting premier league fourth official gigs now so can't be far off.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I have just read about the Saliba video. There is so much I don't understand.

I’ve seen it. Sitting there playing with the old chap as absently-mindedly as if he were scrolling through his social media. With lots of other people knocking about. Highly, highly, highly weird. 

5 hours ago, Koke said:

I hope our next manager after Rodgers isn't some route one loving criminal like Dyche, but that we actually do our research and go with a forward thinking progressive innovative coach. It may or may not work but I don't care. I'd rather we try and fail rather than appoint one of the usual old boys.

Agree. 
Our history suggests we go for managers with PL experience. My opinion is this limits ourselves as there are decent foreign coaches out with no previous experience. You only have to look for example Southampton and who they’ve appointed and where they are now. 
Poch - PSG 

Koeman - Barcelona 

I’d like us to do the same. Unfortunately I can see us going down the same old route. 

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Agree. 
Our history suggests we go for managers with PL experience. My opinion is this limits ourselves as there are decent foreign coaches out with no previous experience. You only have to look for example Southampton and who they’ve appointed and where they are now. 
Poch - PSG 

Koeman - Barcelona 

I’d like us to do the same. Unfortunately I can see us going down the same old route. 

Coming off the back of a 9 - 0 defeat, the second in two years?

5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Agree. 
Poch - PSG 

Koeman - Barcelona 

I'm of the opinion that Koeman lives off his name too much. Poch is quality but for every Poch there is a Pellegrino or Mark Hughes with Southampton. Still massive question marks on hasenhutl as well. (Not going to touch the Puel issue on here lol)

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

Coming off the back of a 9 - 0 defeat, the second in two years?

Yes. Before that it was only a few weeks ago he was favourite for the Utd and Arsenal job. He will come back from this like they did after we beat them. 
So who would you prefer? Dyche and his hoof approach. 

4 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I'm of the opinion that Koeman lives off his name too much. Poch is quality but for every Poch there is a Pellegrino or Mark Hughes with Southampton. Still massive question marks on hasenhutl as well. (Not going to touch the Puel issue on here lol)

I do think as a club you have to do your homework on appointments especially managers. Pellegrino was based on 1 decent season at Alaves and Hughes is proving my point that going for coaches with PL experience isn’t always right. 

• Like 1

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Yes. Before that it was only a few weeks ago he was favourite for the Utd and Arsenal job. He will come back from this like they did after we beat them. 
So who would you prefer? Dyche and his hoof approach. 

Neither, tbh, but the German fella if I had to choose.

It's interesting to see how the Saint's fans have accepted it. I can't imagine this place being so forgiving if it happened only once, never mind twice.

8 minutes ago, howie said:

Arsenal's home game against benfica has been switched to Athens :giggle: 

we play them 3 days after so hopefully the travelling can knacker them

They usually rest a few senior players for EL games anyway.

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

Neither, tbh, but the German fella if I had to choose.

It's interesting to see how the Saint's fans have accepted it. I can't imagine this place being so forgiving if it happened only once, never mind twice.

Which German? Hasenhuttl is Austrian. 
Agree that whoever is in charge of one 9 nil defeat here would of been gone.