Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I've made my views clear on Dean's refereeing but anybody threatening him or his family are lowlife scum.

I cannot comprehend what sort of individual goes about doing stuff like this. People think they can get away with it sat at home hiding behind a computer screen and it’s disgusting. Even when we’ve all been absolutely raging about a decision, either at home or in the ground, the idea of giving death threats to the individual involved doesn’t even come into a normal person’s mindset. Normal people don’t behave like that. 

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I mean, they can’t even play proper football in the US and they are racist.

You complain about racism by identifying an entire nationality who “cannot even play" proper football … :blink:

So we are genetically unable to, then?  Or just fatally deficient in intelligence or character?

Trump rallies are full of folks who think "those people" cannot even hold down a proper job ...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KingsX said:

You complain about racism by identifying an entire nationality who “cannot even play" proper football … :blink:

So we are genetically unable to, then?  Or just fatally deficient in intelligence or character?

Trump rallies are full of folks who think "those people" cannot even hold down a proper job ...

Poor taste perhaps, but it it was clearly intended as a joke. My apologies if it offended.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

How long before they promote Sian Massey-Ellis ?

I'm not to sure how I feel about it to be honest, but I'm sure the FA/PL have a timeline as to when to promote her.

Is that a progression Lino to full ref? If so I don’t see why not she always has a great game whenever I see her run the line.

And one of the best refereeing performance we’ve had for ages was that French lady who’s getting one of the big European finals!

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Klopp in being a proper shit bloke shocker.

Anyone who sends death threats to a referee needs to grow up and leave their mums basement. 

I’d be surprised if it was Klopp who sent the death threats!

4 minutes ago, Phube said:

Is that a progression Lino to full ref? If so I don’t see why not she always has a great game whenever I see her run the line.

And one of the best refereeing performance we’ve had for ages was that French lady who’s getting one of the big European finals!

To a full referee. It would certainly be debated and I can imagine it would cause friction between the old school footy fans perhaps.

Stephanie Frappart was legendary. She officiated in mens champions leugues too and was always fair and let play run as well as possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Poor taste perhaps, but it it was clearly intended as a joke. My apologies if it offended.

You briefly touched a nerve but no real offense taken; you’re one of the grown-ups round here.  :thumbup:  I guess my point was to show how easy it is for all of us, to flirt with a habit of mind (stereotyping) we dislike in others.  Which shouldn’t even have been directed at you. 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

How long before they promote Sian Massey-Ellis ?

I'm not to sure how I feel about it to be honest, but I'm sure the FA/PL have a timeline as to when to promote her.

I’m sure a premier league linesman is classed as level 3/2 were  as a premier league referee is a 1. Even and a level 1 it’s class 1 and class 2.

They have the  choice a few years before if they want to take the route as a lino or referee and they progress in that area. 

Meltons john brooks for example. Did pretty much everything as a Lino from premier league, champions league and internationals. He’s now decided to be the man in the middle and went from premier league and built himself from league one to the championship I think he’s now in as a referee. 

I would  love to see more female officials in the premier league. Sian Massey does a fantastic job and find her really consistent. I think also one of the best official performances we have had this season was the lady who did our europa league game 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, KingsX said:

You briefly touched a nerve but no real offense taken; you’re one of the grown-ups round here.  :thumbup:  I guess my point was to show how easy it is for all of us, to flirt with a habit of mind (stereotyping) we dislike in others.  Which shouldn’t even have been directed at you. 

It’s easy to denigrate anyone, right, left, black, white, fat,  thin, ginger. We shouldn’t marginalise or belittle anyone. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s easy to denigrate anyone, right, left, black, white, fat,  thin, ginger. We shouldn’t marginalise or belittle anyone. 

Well, that rules out about 40% of FoxesTalk commentary then.

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Klopp's losing it. Gets rattled at a genuine, harmless question. 

Just ends up wasting time saying the same thing as well. 

Kevin the teenager very much springs to mind..