Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Why all the doom and gloom about where we're going end up. No-one knows for sure so instead of all the doom-mongering just let's wait and see and enjoy.

Happens everytime a team behind us shows a bit of form and we don’t win 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Top 4 is realistic for us but only once weve addressed the lack of creativity and a quality alternative to Vardy. We simply havent the legs to last the distance and last season highlighted just that. I fear this place will be in meltdown should we start sinking but we need to be realistic. I did think wed be be better prepared at this stage in those areas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Top 4 is realistic for us but only once weve addressed the lack of creativity and a quality alternative to Vardy. We simply havent the legs to last the distance and last season highlighted just that. I fear this place will be in meltdown should we start sinking but we need to be realistic. I did think wed be be better prepared at this stage in those areas.

Top 6 or even 7th is still a great season. You're right we don't have the depth. Next summer a very important one- we have to strengthen the depth of the squad.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Dangerous game next weekend, could ultimately topple our top four ambitions. With Chelsea starting to look good I think it’s looking far more unlikely we will be able to hold on to a top four place. 

Bit of a dramatic conclusion when we will be in top 4 regardless of the result. 

For me it’s always been getting out February with a chance and then the fixtures ease a bit 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Is there an ex City player from the last 5 years that this fan base still likes? Maybe Kante. I still don't get what Maguire has done to deserve all the crap he he gets from us. Yes his brother is a weirdo but so what? Likewise with Chilwell. Both were good for us. 

Maguire and Chilwell are direct rivals now so I obviously want them to do bad but I don't celebrate their personal demise. 

Yeah it just goes beyond what seems normal with the amount of stick they get. I feel like Mahrez is in between Kante and Maguire/Chilwell. 

• Premier League

Team P GD Pts
1   Man City 22 29 50
2   Man Utd 23 19 45
3   Leicester 23 14 43
4   Liverpool 23 15 40

5   Chelsea 23 14 39

6   West Ham 23 6 39
7   Everton 21 6 37
8   Tottenham 22 14 36
9   Aston Villa 21 12 35
10   Arsenal 23 4

15 games.to go ..From These 10 teams, arguably We have One of the weakest squads in Player positions 13-18.

Probably first 1-13 choices  One of the top 5-7 Teams when all fit..

5-8 of our outfield players, could find a place in any of the other squads.:-

Riccardo, Justin, Soyuncu, N'didi, Tielemans, Barnes, Vardy, Castagna,Fofana

Then Good shouts for Evans & Maddison..Under unknown entity..

Taking into Account we had Mahrez* who had minimal defensive strengths .

Wouldnt it be Great to see something( Not formation)  like this:-

Schmeichel

Ricardo    Fofana.  Soyu/Evans  Castagna/Justin

Ndidi 

Tielemans.  Maddison

Under*.                                          Barnes

Vardy                

Albrighton is the solid choice, the Legend that keeps giving &  works ..!!!

For our home games..( Maybe Not L'pool) I would start Under,give him his reins..Lets see what he can do at Match level, ignore lapses in Practice games..!!

We could also choose/try  One of Justin/Ricardo/Castagna in that position instead of Albrighton..!! also as Barnes Cover or injured.

This thought Freshens up the Team motivation,without losing the quality or balance...and taking this thought would give That extra impuls & initiative to go with.

Sometimes..When you cant change too much, a little tweek & small gamble ,& Under is no Real gamble, can turn up your fortunes, on close games & moments.

Back to the table...Only 3 teams Now can throw their own Top 4 Ambition away...or injuries Intervene again..

Leicester, Manutd,L'pool...Man.city squad is Really too strong, they wont implode..!!

Though " Should" doesn't exsist  in my sport-vocabulary..We also have to get off our Bias stool, those Chasing teams, also have some quality players.

All capable of putting on a run, then again so are we ...

One Thing I Dont understand, Why we tend to have many fans who only seem to want to moan & nag, about our situation & turn of inconsistent results,

1 loss in 10 games ( with Major injuries & according to many with only so named shite- cover) :dunno:,

I am Bloody over the moon, that we are still able to be Knocking on the Top 4 door.

Its obvious to me, that trying to find some " team" regulär rythme & continuitys nion impossible, with individuals showing twists of top to indifferent form,

hence indifferent performances.... Spite this we have players who have turned high Quality moments to turn games in our favour...

We also Dont have a winging-manager, Chasing excuses, showing his charges, they just have to get in with it &  Play with the ( football) consequences.

One of the biggest Strides we have Made since Rodgers has been here, we are not victims, we are more awkward to beat und slowly getting to a place,

where we can Grind out results from those awkward games, though we have still experienced a few wobbles, but they are getting fewer, or we wouldnt be

sitting 3rd....In fact These last couple of seasons we are more frustrated ....at a different level, and our  rumblings of discontent are analysed at the higher

sanctuary ...of not Top 8 Or even 6th but top four....

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

Is there an ex City player from the last 5 years that this fan base still likes? Maybe Kante. I still don't get what Maguire has done to deserve all the crap he he gets from us. Yes his brother is a weirdo but so what? Likewise with Chilwell. Both were good for us. 

Maguire and Chilwell are direct rivals now so I obviously want them to do bad but I don't celebrate their personal demise. 

If I'm honest how Mahrez left was a bit hard to stomach given that we plucked him from obscurity but wouldn't fault his interest to move to Man City

The others I wouldn't have strong feelings about unless they are playing against us.

We have to sell at least 1 high profile player every season. But given our status now we can pick out a majority of the finest prospects in Europe if we want to. To sell a player every season for it is not a bad tradeoff.

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They’ll be so motivated to win next week and they always lift themselves against us for some reason ......

we need to go after them imo .....sitting back and letting them play will not be the best approach 

The thing is let’s motivate ourselves.

Whilst performances and form have been satisfactory let’s use the Leeds defeat, the Fulham victory (A boring game albeit 3 points) and the Wolves draw (again a boring game and the opportunity missed to give us a 5 point gap and some breathing room) as motivation to win, nuckle down, pick performances up and give us some grit.

As you say we do need to go after them. Sitting back and letting them play has never been the best approach and never will.

I just hope we don’t shit ourselves as we so often do in those types of games.

But there is so much to fire ourselves up with at the same time being wary of them being fired up themselves, no excuses this time.

Edited by Matt

45 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Watching MOTD2 and halfway through the highlights between Liverpool v Man C and how shocking are those two pen decisions! I should post this in the state of the game thread. Terrible English refs.

The one on Sterling was definitely a penalty.

The Salah one is just seriously embarrassing.

EtpfeWFXYAUXcct?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Haha 1