Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

If you have the money you will spend, to keep up... I feel under Ferguson it was a natural progression as opposed to just buying it, that is why they sustained the position they did. I hate Man U but you can’t say they didn’t use the academy well too... with Man City and Chelsea they don’t bring anyone through 

They used the academy well... especially with that batch of players they had come though one year and stayed in the team 10 years. But they often weakened really good teams around them with their purchases. It was terrible for the league in general. 

27 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

The way I see it, and I’m probably wrong be hey, the likes of Man City, Chelsea and Blackburn have brought their titles whilst Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and ourselves have earned them. Just putting it out their as I suspect Man City will go on to win the league. 

arsenal spent 1/5 what united did during their 3 title wins so thats spot on.

agreed with this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Just FA Cup would be fantastic. Top four would be a bonus.

For me the facup should be the one they give everything to 

europa league is still a long shot fatiuge the amount of games, not sure that is a serious possibility

• Like 2

Just now, twister said:

europa league is still a long shot fatiuge the amount of games, not sure that is a serious possibility

I think both are a possibility... why because when you look at it there aren’t really anyone way ahead of us in the europa... man city in fa cup is a problem though 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, twister said:

When I looked at the odds for the Europa league earlier in the week Spurs were favourites and we’re head and shoulders better than them with good squad management we can win it and finish top 4

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think both are a possibility... why because when you look at it there aren’t really anyone way ahead of us in the europa... man city in fa cup is a problem though 

I think top 4 makes fa cups (or any other trophy) more of a future possibility in the long term whereas fa cup now may hinder long term progress.

Stop the season everyone. 

Sky Sports gleefully asking whether anyone would reasonably suggest that any side could posdibly catch Man City (7 points ahead with only 42/45  to play for).

It's over.  Go home. Try again next year.

That Man City v Spurs game basically followed the same pattern as the last 10 games between these 2 sides but this time the result actually reflects how the game has gone