Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

3 hours ago, KFS said:

The racist and discriminatory posts are bang out of order and I agree you would make short term progress in removing them with verification of social media profiles. The problem with that is it removes it from the internet but there are clearly deep rooted cultural norms that are still carrying this vile and backward mindset. We call for education but even with the ramp up we’ve seen in 2020 it’s still not enough. I’m sorry but the quick defence of how ‘the U.K. isn’t racist’, ‘All lives matter’ brigade and ‘keep politics out of football’ responses show that there’s a lot more to do.

On the flip side on the verification point, we do have a cancel culture that goes after anyone who may not be racist or discriminatory but propose genuine counter argument to things, try to be funny or make genuine anti government claims (see Myanmar). All the while cancelling and censorship exists then people will want to guard their anonymity.

So yes, you could do something short term with verification but until we get better as a global society you’re going to see more of this and soon enough it won’t be social media that’s the vehicle.

you may at least make them think before posting such drivel if they know they have there ID and such it would defiently put a dent in it

Edited by whoareyaaa

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes, absolutely. Look at Whatsapp now, they've changed their rules about it and goodness knows what they can do with our messages now.

It wasn’t  WhatsApp that changed the rules. It was Facebook after they bought WhatsApp 

Edited by Bluebeemer

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Looks at image that shows Sheff Utd form, next to West Brom form....reading too much into image......:blink:

It’s just a reduced screen shot of the bottom of the table ..  couldn’t get it much smaller tbh ...  showing a bit of a pattern of alternately winning and losing ...  but I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t bothered ...  hey ho. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Countryfox said:

It’s just a reduced screen shot of the bottom of the table ..  couldn’t get it much smaller tbh ...  showing a bit of a pattern of alternately winning and losing ...  but I’m beginning to wish I hadn’t bothered ...  hey ho. 

My bad lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Are they playing West Brom then?

Just now, StanSP said:

Penalty West Ham but Dawson is offside in the rebound from the free-kick.

Similar to Maguire incident which created debate on the rules as to wether the offside should be counted or not. 

I obviously thought they were both offside myself but it did raise an interesting question.

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Similar to Maguire incident which created debate on the rules as to wether the offside should be counted or not. 

I obviously thought they were both offside myself but it did raise an interesting question.

Dawson is directly involved in the incident for the penalty and is in an offside position for it, so I don't see why it shouldn't be counted :dunno:.

Could be claimed he got the advantage by being in that offside position?