Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

Found this on Instagram. This is the true masterclass in case there are doubters.Β 

Screenshot_20210215-215542_Instagram.jpg

Wow! Its something we knew but seeing it there makes what they have achieved so far brilliant! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Like 1

Newcastle are completely ****ed if Fulham win Wednesday and Sunday. Newcastle play Man Utd and Fulham have got Burnley and Sheff U so could easily be a 1 point gap by Monday.

Β 

Darlow appears to just be staying in goal now 'because' despite having one of the leagues top keepers over the past 3 or 4 seasons on the bench and fit.

Β 

Lascelles was bad before COVID, now he's bad and can't breathe...Β 

Β 

Always said Ashley would never pull the trigger unless relegation was on the cards..... well.....

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

glad we didnt go for Jamal Lewis, looks like a fish out of water with some of the defending ive seen him do this season

Said at the time we were linked that he was bang average and we should avoid.

Β 

He basically benefitted from the narrative that Norwich had a group of talented young players. He never looked as accomplished as Aarons or Godfrey for example.

42 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Always said Ashley would never pull the trigger unless relegation was on the cards..... well....

Yeah but big Sam's busy

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Newcastle are dreadful but I don't think they'll go down.Β 

Wilson is a massive loss, they are very reliant on him for goals. Gayle is a tidy replacement, but he'll be injured before Wilson is back. They've always got a shout with Maxi in the team, if he was to miss any significant game time along with Wilson then they'll struggle to pick up many points at all.

Newcastle will just about stay up but only because the bottom three are so poor. I cant say seem them getting anymore than 34 points which is extremely low to remain in the premier league once in the past teams needed to get to the 40 point mark to stay up now it just seems to get lower every year. Is it because too many bottom half clubs have this mentality instead if going all out to win games they aim to just not lose. Showing lack of ambition.

Β 

Back to Newcastle I wont be surprised if hes gone in the summer.Β 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Newcastle will just about stay up but only because the bottom three are so poor. I cant say seem them getting anymore than 34 points which is extremely low to remain in the premier league once in the past teams needed to get to the 40 point mark to stay up now it just seems to get lower every year. Is it because too many bottom half clubs have this mentality instead if going all out to win games they aim to just not lose. Showing lack of ambition.

Β 

Back to Newcastle I wont be surprised if hes gone in the summer.Β 

I Dont know about getting lower....it seems 40pts were hardly necessary....

Β 

The pts total..for The last 4 teams

YearsΒ  seasons ending.

Β 

2007Β Β  Β 2008Β Β  Β 2009Β Β  Β 2010Β Β  Β 2011
38Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  36Β  Β  Β  Β  35Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  35Β Β  Β 40
38Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  36Β  Β  Β  Β  34Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  32Β Β  Β 39
34Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  35Β  Β  Β  Β  32.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 32Β Β  Β 39
28Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  11Β  Β  Β  Β  32Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  19Β Β  Β 33

Β Β  Β Β Β  Β Β Β  Β Β Β  Β 
2012Β Β  Β 2013Β Β  Β 2014Β Β  Β 2015Β Β  Β 2016
37Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  39Β  Β  Β  Β  36Β  Β  Β  Β 38Β  Β  Β  Β 39
36Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  36Β  Β  Β  Β  33Β  Β  Β  Β 35Β  Β  Β  Β 37
31Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  31Β  Β  Β  Β  32Β  Β  Β  Β 33Β  Β  Β  Β 34
25Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  25Β  Β  Β  Β  30Β  Β  Β  Β 30Β  Β  Β  Β 17

2017Β Β  Β 2018Β Β  Β 2019Β Β  Β 2020Β Β  Β 
40Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  36Β  Β  Β  Β  36Β  Β  Β  Β 35Β Β  Β 
34Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  33Β  Β  Β  Β  34.Β  Β  Β  34Β  Β  Β Β 
28Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  33Β  Β  Β  Β  26Β  Β  Β  Β 34Β Β  Β 
24Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β 31Β  Β  Β  Β 15Β  Β  Β  Β 21Β Β  Β 

Β 

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Β 

YearsΒ  seasons ending.

Β 

Β 

Maybe not necessary, but that list proves it's pretty much the perfect amount of points to set as your minimum targetΒ in terms of being guaranteed safety, it's the lowest possible number of points where a team would still be safe in every one of those seasons.Β  39-36 and it's pretty much nailed on, but 40's the only absolute certainty.

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

Maybe not necessary, but that list proves it's pretty much the perfect amount of points to set as your minimum targetΒ in terms of being guaranteed safety, it's the lowest possible number of points where a team would still be safe in every one of those seasons.Β  39-36 and it's pretty much nailed on, but 40's the only absolute certainty.

Yes..NoΒ Doubt 40pts must be the target....

I just wanted to show, that the PL pts. Tally has not been really getting lower......The ranges are simular...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Newcastle are dreadful but I don't think they'll go down.Β 

I think they'll just have enough over Fulham to stay up but it won't be pretty or plain sailing.

Β 

They have to ditch Bruce because they might not get away with it a third time.

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Β 

YearsΒ  seasons ending.

Β 

Β 

History will have Blackpool and Birmingham down as incredibly unlucky that year. How different it could have been for the Tangerines and their prospects if they'd been promoted any other year.

As for Newcastle? It's a really weird one, because having watched a few of their games this season, they occasionally play some good stuff and the capability is there - but individual players keep having absolute shockers, particularly (and most tellingly) in front of goal. I can't even say it's down to how Bruce sets up - they're not even the worst side to watch, but when the likes of Shelvey, Hendrick, Almiron, Lascelles and Ritchie all look like Sunday League footballers every other game, you see exactly why they're down there. It's consistency of individual performances that is shooting them in the foot.

One thing's for sure, they need St. Maximin and WilsonΒ to be playing every minute they possibly can if they're going to drag themselves out of it. They can't keep relying on Almiron to have his one good game in ten to keep them out of the dogfight.

Edited by OntarioFox

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Looks like Everton will be on the move in the near future:Β https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-56076581

Β 

Their fans seem fully behind it.

I find Everton's spending quite concerning. I'm aware that infrastructure projects aren't part of financial fair play but what they spend just seems reckless and unsustainable.Β 

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

Β 

It's a beautiful looking stadium, how I wish we didn't build ours in the flatpack era.Β 

Agreed, I think we were fortunate (and it's a real positive) that we got the land so close to Filbert St so we didn't move too far but the stadium is an identikit of others which is a shame.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Wonder how many Liverpudians support both Everton and Liverpool..

I'm gonna say none.

Β 

It is known an a friendly rivalry though, and plenty of families have supporters from both sides, and mates are often fans of different clubs.

5 minutes ago, Langston said:

It's a beautiful looking stadium, how I wish we didn't build ours in the flatpack era.Β 

Β 

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Agreed, I think we were fortunate (and it's a real positive) that we got the land so close to Filbert St so we didn't move too far but the stadium is an identikit of others which is a shame.

I don't mind it, but I know what you mean. The expansion of the East stand will make the whole thing much more unique. If we're still filling the place, then the Kop could be expanded one day, as well.

15 minutes ago, Corky said:

...and it’s on a site where there’s plenty of scope for expansion and improvement as well as extra facilities.

Β 

Having said that Bede Island would have been great and was better lookingΒ although 50k was going to be big considering our status thenΒ but now would have been ideal