Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

47 minutes ago, mohammedsaqib said:

Would people prefer a Man City win thus keeping Everton away from us or an Everton win to keep our title chances alive?

Everton win.

We all get the Top 4 argument but we are one of the best three teams in the PL so we will manage Top 4 on our own merits.

You can not compete at this level in sport wanting to come second.  The biggest fear this fan base has got is the fear of its own team’s ability.

We can do this - Champions please.  Believe.

I know this is off topic but you know why I appreciate the likes of Cags Vardy and Nidi they are throwbacks, they got 100 percent every single game home or away rain or shine 

Its a dying breed of player, the amount of show pony hair banded players there are now is beyond the pale.

So many do enougth to get by  but not enougth are winners, the sort if the go home they brood on losing for hours upon hours.

• Like 1

What i find is amazing is that the fans all these so big clubs are moaning like fook at how shit they are and here we sit, no complaints, no moans, are sitting second in the league, quiet happy, and realising that some of our top players are injured and acknowledging that the best team in the league are quite rightly top.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anglodanglo said:

😂

20210214_201215.jpg.3aedc2063b9b576123326ae87afef242.jpg

Screenshot_20210214-201002_Chrome.jpg.d369cf8b12373122a3b10f97140be9ee.jpg

I don’t rate Souness particularly but he does stick the boot in. It’s just more it’s the house style of the football media to make assertions that are totally the opposite to what you see with your own eyes. It was the same with Ramsdale last season, apparently he was a brilliant young keeper for Bournemouth but every time I saw him play he looked terrible.

Bellerin is another example, it’s like a reputation gets set when a player first comes into the scene and then that’s it, regardless of performance - the player is good or not. He’s regularly at fault for goals but because he was promising 5 years ago it doesn’t seem to get picked up. Any criticism is euphemistically dressed up to avoid any actual negative analysis.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, twister said:

I know this is off topic but you know why I appreciate the likes of Cags Vardy and Nidi they are throwbacks, they got 100 percent every single game home or away rain or shine 

Its a dying breed of player, the amount of show pony hair banded players there are now is beyond the pale.

So many do enougth to get by  but not enougth are winners, the sort if the go home they brood on losing for hours upon hours.

Trust me you don’t get to being a premiership footballer at a club like ours by not having that win at all cost attitude. Some players will obviously have more of an obsession with winning than others but every player in our squad will be desperate to succeed. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mohammedsaqib said:

Would people prefer a Man City win thus keeping Everton away from us or an Everton win to keep our title chances alive?

Man City win for me as Everton are more likely to catch us than we are to catch Man City.

Even if Man City only averaged 2pts per game for the rest of the season we would still need to win 12 and draw 2 of our remaining 14 games. The only way we win the title is a combination of us having a storming finish to the season and Man City performing below average for them. 

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Man City win for me as Everton are more likely to catch us than we are to catch Man City.

Even if Man City only averaged 2pts per game for the rest of the season we would still need to win 12 and draw 2 of our remaining 14 games. The only way we win the title is a combination of us having a storming finish to the season and Man City performing below average for them. 

To win a title you have to  go above & beyond....and then some..!!

We have done it once....

Difference is Man.City can lose 3  Top Quality  players Plus another couple of top names through injury & not wince...& Still compete across all competitions..

• Like 1

We havent been out of the top 5 for over a year, weve been top three more than we havent this season. 

Are we in the title race or are we just going to accept the Big 4 concept and just accept we arent good enough?

Other sides dropping stupid points just like us... other teams with injury issues just like us... why cant we do it?

6 hours ago, casablancas said:

Time for something to actually change now. Pressure needs to be put on these platforms ... serious pressure. 

Absolutely and if nothing happens, players should just boycott social media altogether. 

Its honestly more bad than good. I genuinely think they would all be happier off of it and stick to the clubs traditional media platforms. 

We won’t be far-away from a youngster killing himself after abuse online after a bad game. 

I know it’s the minority that are racist but we shouldn’t be giving them the platform and if the organizations don’t do something about it then it would make sense to keep players offline. 

I do worry for them as humans and I hate that the majority seem to see them as property and the “they get paid so much I can say what I want to them” attitudes 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Players aren't going to suddenly delete their Twitter and IG accounts and lose access to all their mates and contacts though are they? 

So how do you pressure them into a forced change? Like needing ID or a physical address for an account? 

It's got to come from government IMO. And I don't see that happening any time soon. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Players aren't going to suddenly delete their Twitter and IG accounts and lose access to all their mates and contacts though are they? 

It's not that hard. We lived without twitter for a little while before it turned up. As somebody who dropped all that side of social media it's been one of the best moves I've made. And amazingly all my mates haven't gone anywhere. It doesn't fix the problem though and I agree that it needs governments to put regulations (enforced) onto these platforms. 

Instagram saying "we should let them learn from their error" lol. None of them were just saying well done on a good win and instead their fingers accidentally put in a bunch of racism. They knew what they were writing.

7 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

What i find is amazing is that the fans all these so big clubs are moaning like fook at how shit they are and here we sit, no complaints, no moans, are sitting second in the league, quiet happy, and realising that some of our top players are injured and acknowledging that the best team in the league are quite rightly top.

Have you read any of match threads? We’ve plenty of our own moaners unfortunately. X

• Like 2