Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

7th to 13th suggests they're an average PL side...

Nothing to fear. We're the better team. Go there and win.

Win one of their games in hand, they're joint 5th. Win both, they're fourth.

We can win. But it won't be easy.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

He's got one asset and that's his size and his "skill" relies on his size and expecting opposition players to get out of the way. His actual football skills are not in the same league a Soynchcu, i'd love to see him try a cruyff turn, but because of his size he'd end up flat on his back.

Really, it's Soyuncu.  No aitch.  Turkish folk call him Caglar.

I do not normally become pugilistic on the forum once I have given an opinion but exceptions are an option.

I recognise Caglar is the superior player.  You refer to two skills.  What about timing, spatial awareness, vision, leadership, judgement...  If Maguire decided against a Cruyff turn as it may lead to a humiliating face plant, that could be seen as good judgement.  

Maguire was lauded at Leicester because of his skill level.  He has improved.  He would not, imo, get into our first team

15 minutes ago, hebangsthedrums said:

They really aren't. Its a season where anyone can beat anyone, I genuinely think most Prem seasons they would finish bottom half at best

They're much better than the Burnley team that finished 7th three years ago or the Bournemouth team that finished 9th four years ago. In fact I could make countless examples. 

Edited by BenTheFox

11 minutes ago, mohammedsaqib said:

Would people prefer a Man City win thus keeping Everton away from us or an Everton win to keep our title chances alive?

Heart says Everton win so that we close the gap but realistically a Man City win would help us get top 4 and I don't think we're catching Man City this season.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I never ever thought I’d see a Leicester fan criticize someone for not signing Musa lol

12 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

I think the board actually have to take some credit for that decision 😄

It’s not so much a question of the player but more a question of the board (specifically chairmen) not backing the manager in a pretty cheap way. When you consider what other teams have done in the transfer market to tell the manager they ‘can’t afford’ to sign a player on a free transfer is pretty shocking. 

2 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

We lost the other one this season so make that a 7/9 chance of winning 😉

Yes.  Disappointing.  They showed they are a good team.  I personally think Grealish is as good a player as any in the league.  The support players are impressive.  But Leicester are way ahead of Villa currently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Love that Everton fans still beleive they're better than us.

It’d be no shame finishing below them. I know tonight hasn’t gone their way but they are a decent team and will be up there at the end.

Edited by Strokes
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, mohammedsaqib said:

Would people prefer a Man City win thus keeping Everton away from us or an Everton win to keep our title chances alive?

Our title chances aren't alive I'm afraid. Man City won't throw this away. So dropped points for Everton please.

Champions League will be huge for us if we get it again, to improve a couple of problem areas (RW & Backup ST) 

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

For me, it’s all about getting out of February in and around the top four. March eases off with games even with Europa League 

Yes and then hopefully we'll have Fofana and Castagne back for the start of March, and then Praet mid to late March / early April.

February is probably the hardest month we'll have this season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’d be no shame finishing below them. I know tonight hasn’t gone their way but they are a decent team and will be up their at the end.

Don’t agree - have a top top manager making them very effective in grinding results.

Very one dimensional and dreadful to watch.

Carlo will keep them competitive tactically especially with no Europe but we should be finishing above them by a distance.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Strokes said:

It’d be no shame finishing below them. I know tonight hasn’t gone their way but they are a decent team and will be up their at the end.

I'd be unbelievably disappointed should we finish below them from here. They're not awful, but man for man we're better all over the park in my opinion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

Don’t agree - have a top top manager making them very effective in grinding results.

Very one dimensional and dreadful to watch.

Carlo will keep them competitive tactically especially with no Europe but we should be finishing above them by a distance.

Absolutely,  Everton along with Wolves are the most negative football teams I've seen this season. Jose gets stuck at Spurs, but Ancelotti seems to get a free pass playing even more boring & defensive football. Definitely don't want to finish below them.

34 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Heart says Everton win so that we close the gap but realistically a Man City win would help us get top 4 and I don't think we're catching Man City this season.

This is the correct answer.  Man City is going to win the league in a canter.

Chelsea is who concerns me the most.  To keep top 4 we have to remain ahead of they and Liverpool.  Not gonna be easy.

• Like 1