Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

He seems to be really struggling.

Yeah this is the first time I’ve noticed it. I just get the impression he is too stubborn to retire and sky don’t have the heart to move on from him. As a result we have this. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah this is the first time I’ve noticed it. I just get the impression he is too stubborn to retire and sky don’t have the heart to move on from him. As a result we have this. 

Probably fearful of some creepy Clive Tyldesley-esque garden video if they gave him the boot. 

He needs dropping. Ending up like Motson where it just got painful. 

2 hours ago, mohammedsaqib said:

If you could choose one of the league, FA Cup or Europa League to win this season, which would it be?

In a season with fans I'd choose either of the FA Cup or Europa League for sure.

This season? Give me the league again. I think in a perverse way it would mean less than the other two right now, since we've already gone through the insane high of 2016. Been there done that yaknow, so not being present for it would hurt a little less. But missing out on our first ever FA Cup under the Wembley Arch, or an insane trip out to Poland to see the boys claim their first European triumph? They're the sorts of days we dream of as fans. It'd sting, in the same way Liverpool fans are no-doubt ruing not being able to be there to see their first title in three decades... and possibly their last for a little while too. :ph34r:

I may have placed Europa on a par with the league a month or two ago during our pre-Christmas wobble, but I have confidence that we'll get the top 4 berth we need for Champions' League this year at the moment, so it would only pip the league in terms of desirability if we find ourselves collapsing again like we had already begun to do by this point last season (admittedly from a far more secure position in the top 4, or so it seemed).

Plus, like it or not, the league is more prestigious and important for future growth to win in this day and age than either of the others - otherwise Sevilla would be the biggest club in Spain by now. lol

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, twister said:

carragher saying leicester wont ever win it again

if the lads had beaten fullham and leeds theyd have a real shot

I agree its unlikley once vards retires

But why give up on dreams while he is here

Keep the squad together add a couple of quality players and we would have a real chance next season.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, twister said:

Won't ever be the 5000/1 underdogs but we WILL win it again

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, twister said:

It's not easy, but I wouldn't say never again. We're growing and improving every season currently. If we can carry on the trajectory we're on, or catch the competition sleeping again, it's not out of the question.

Vardy's one in more than a million, but we've shown we can spot a player. If I had to trust any club's scouts to find the next best thing, it would be ours (or maybe Brentford's!).