Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

4 hours ago, David Hankey said:

There is too much politics in football 

Politics has been in football since 1880 and became even more dangerous at the World Cups of 34 and 38. Then there are umpteenth other scenarios of small events as well where they collide. 97 at Landsdowne, Zaire at the 74 World Cup, Catalan independence, Real Madrid. 

Football is a mirror of society - politics cross over it's natural. I don't agree with clubs imposing politics as seen down at the King Power on a couple of occasions. 

This is different because the taking of the knee and being anti-racist isn't political. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

If it was up to me I would get rid of kneeling, poppies, 90 % of silences, applauses, anthems and politics of all hues from football.

That said, actually booing anti racism is quite brain dead.  If they merely disagreed with the kneeling and not the sentiment behind it (which is far from evident) they just come over as racists.

• Like 2

Worst thing is the idiots who justify complaining about the knee by going on about the BLM political Marxist movement. How many times do they need to be told that the players taking the knee are doing so as a stand against racism! The booing by the racist stupid sheep freaks today was awful yet not surprising. Scary thing is I had a quick browse on their forum expecting most to be ashamed yet it seems most are backing the booing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Worst thing is the idiots who justify complaining about the knee by going on about the BLM political Marxist movement. How many times do they need to be told that the players taking the knee are doing so as a stand against racism! The booing by the racist stupid sheep freaks today was awful yet not surprising. Scary thing is I had a quick browse on their forum expecting most to be ashamed yet it seems most are backing the booing.

Backing it as in they are happily admitting to being racist or backing it because they don’t want political statements at football?

You can disagree with something without going out of your way to boo it.   

If you think the guys booing it weren't racists, they were just protesting politics in football, you're being delusional af at best.

But I don't think anyone ACTUALLY believes that. I just think a bunch of entrenched right wing people on the Internet, who secretly sympathise with the Millwall fans in question but know its a faux pas to admit it publicly, do these sorts of mental gymnastics to explain it away.

They're ****ing racist. We all know they're racist. Nobody is fooled. 

Edited by Finnegan

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

There is too much politics in football and for Dublin & Richards on Final Score saying they are racist is ludicrous. Not everyone agrees this "taking the knee" bollocks!!

So, for you and the seven others who liked your post. If there is a genuine feel of inequality IN FOOTBALL or any other sport for that matter, how else do they express that injustice other then a 1 minute symbol before the game ? Or is it better that people who have felt such injustice for years remain silent ? 

Just now, Unabomber said:

How is being anti racist being political? It’s just human decency. 

I asked why the Millwall supporters on their forum you had browsed were justifying being in support of the booing. ie were they saying 1) I’m glad we booed it I hate black people or 2) I’m glad we booed it, such statements I do not support at football. Or it could be another reason, I don’t know. But I asked you as you had been there and browsed it?

I'm actually glad the taking of the knee continued into games with fans returning because I felt the actual message was starting to get a little lost before.

This has highlighted the need for it to continue really and for people to keep talking about it.

Edited by Stuntman_Mike
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This is what blows my ****ing mind. 

How have we politicised this shit!? How have we made being a decent  human a partisan issue!? 

Some of the shit that's been dragged in to the ridiculously partisan world of 21st century politics and placed on one side or the other is insane.

Whether or not you're anti racism being about left vs right, whether or not you're pro Israel or pro Palestine being about left vs right. Whether or not you believe a virus is real or vaccines work being about left vs right.

How the **** did this shit even happen!? 

Why aren't we all crossing political divides to just state the obvious and go "yeah, racism is bad." How the **** do you get so triggered by someone stating racism is bad for two seconds before a football match that you either boo it or try and defend people booing it?

Jesus wept. 

:appl::appl::worship:

Absolutely spot on !!

It’s always ****ing Millwall isn’t it. There was a murmur at West Ham and even though they sing “no one likes us we don’t care”, they love playing the victim card. 

You would think every team would have their “share” of twats, but what is it with Millwall? What’s in the Bermondsey water? They’re all ****ing retarded. Imagine being a black player at that shitty club and having to hear boos. 

I know that this is a much wider problem than Millwall, but it’s always them. 

There have been debates about taking the knee and whether you think that it’s a meaningless platitude or not, booing it is outright degenerate behaviour. 

The Marxist shite excuse isn’t washing either. Millwall fans really think Martyn Waghorn and Jed Wallace believe in Marxism? **** off

Edited by RonnieTodger

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I would imagine they were booing the fact it is being done at the football not the sentiment behind it. Does not make them racist, just means they don’t want it at the football.

I don’t agree with the way women are treated in some countries, how homosexuality is treated in others and the treatment of animals in some also annoys me. However I would not want footballers to lie on their back to show support for women, on two knees for homosexuals and to go on all fours for the animals all before kick off.

The "going on all fours" to raise awareness of animal cruelty is a really good idea.

Bring it on!

6 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

The "going on all fours" to raise awareness of animal cruelty is a really good idea.

Bring it on!

Thank you.

I have got loads of good ideas, for age discrimination (pretend to push a wheelchair), climate change (wiggle your fingers like it’s raining), anti semitism (count out pretend money), baldness discrimination ( the whole slap head sign). Added to the 3 I said earlier the players will need to be on the pitch for 2:30 to do all the protests in time for a 3 o clock kick off.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

So, for you and the seven others who liked your post. If there is a genuine feel of inequality IN FOOTBALL or any other sport for that matter, how else do they express that injustice other then a 1 minute symbol before the game ? Or is it better that people who have felt such injustice for years remain silent ? 

It is an Americanism. Started over there by American footballers, fair enough. We're all entitled to an opinion and just because I don't agree with this particular action doesn't mean I'm a racist and I take exception to everyone including Dublin & Richards who reckons otherwise.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Mixing sport and politics always turns ugly I'm afraid.

Especially with a movement as polarising as Black Lives Matter:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/27/black-lives-matter-has-increased-racial-tension-55-say-in-uk-poll

Depends if you have the intelligence to separate the act, the gesture and even the motto from the political group. As per what Gary Rowett has said post match. 

But alas Millwall and this country have a lot of thickos. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Thank you.

I have got loads of good ideas, for age discrimination (pretend to push a wheelchair), climate change (wiggle your fingers like it’s raining), anti semitism (count out pretend money), baldness discrimination ( the whole slap head sign). Added to the 3 I said earlier the players will need to be on the pitch for 2:30 to do all the protests in time for a 3 o clock kick off.

Now you're being silly!  I think 30 minutes of virtue-signalling would be a bit too much.

But maybe 2 minutes should be allocated at the start of every match to go through the list of protest gestures.  At least that way, noone should feel left out.

The booing (and the venom in the booing) was abhorrent to listen to.

Taking the knee is not about supporting the defund-the-police statue-defacing mob, it’s about solidarity with those suffering discrimination (including racism) and trying to eradicate it from society.

Things like at Millwall today shows there’s much work to be done.

It's definitely brought out the "I'm not racist but..." mob on the internet.

A bit more peace and love and tolerance in the world wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 4