Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

19 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

They haven't even scored in 5 matches.

I thought he'd have a more instant impact there.

I did too but their squad is proper shit.

A bit of time required, two summers to sort it all out or something, but he probably won't be given that much time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

There is too much politics in football and for Dublin & Richards on Final Score saying they are racist is ludicrous. Not everyone agrees this "taking the knee" bollocks!!

Doesn't need to be booed though? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Former Coventry and Aston Villa striker Dion Dublin, who had a loan spell at Millwall in 2002, added: "They don't agree with taking the knee, which means they are racist. They don't agree with Black Lives Matter; that says they are racist to me.

Dublin wants to stick to FOOTBALL punditry!!

49 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Maybe. Fans throughout the history of the game have booed at certain decisions, certain things and certain players and opposing managers. That's the way it is.

There is a difference between booing a dodgy ref decision and booing a gesture which essentially says ‘racism is loathsome and needs to be challenged’. Actively booing the gesture, in my opinion, is effectively saying I do not oppose racism. And that, quite simply, is wrong.

• Like 2

Just now, harpendenfox said:

There is a difference between booing a dodgy ref decision and booing a gesture which essentially says ‘racism is loathsome and needs to be challenged’. Actively booing the gesture, in my opinion, is effectively saying I do not oppose racism. And that, quite simply, is wrong.

Especially when it's the first time fans have been present. Started in the games behind closed doors

• Like 2

The thing is, Millwall fans have nothing to lose, really. They have a terrible reputation so doing this confirms things in people's eyes. To be honest, it would be even more newsworthy had a set of fans without previous been responsible. There will be outrage but the fans won't be bothered.

I don't envy the decision makers there. Do you carry it on or stop it for fear of it happening again? My view is that if the players and staff feel it's an important message then it should continue. It lasts for, what, eight seconds? The players views matter the most- if they want to do it, keep doing it.

But yeah, all this talk for months about fans returning and within half a week we've got this. Fans on the whole are great but they bring a lot of baggage which has probably been forgotten whilst they've been away.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

The thing is, Millwall fans have nothing to lose, really. They have a terrible reputation so doing this confirms things in people's eyes. To be honest, it would be even more newsworthy had a set of fans without previous been responsible. There will be outrage but the fans won't be bothered.

I don't envy the decision makers there. Do you carry it on or stop it for fear of it happening again? My view is that if the players and staff feel it's an important message then it should continue. It lasts for, what, eight seconds? The players views matter the most- if they want to do it, not a problem.

But yeah, all this talk for months about fans returning and within half a week we've got this. Fans on the whole are great but they bring a lot of baggage which has probably been forgotten whilst they've been away.

Not even half that. If you sneezed at the same time you would miss it. Yet we've got people on here and elsewhere getting all bent out of shape about it, acting like it's the Gettysburg Address or something.

33 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The knee thing is a bit daft because I dont think it actually means anything and its just PR spin, booing it is a bit weird though,, I was surprised how loud it actually was by the clip.

It's absolutely virtue signalling bulls*** let's be honest, but yeah, booing it is really strange behaviour.

• Like 1

I would imagine they were booing the fact it is being done at the football not the sentiment behind it. Does not make them racist, just means they don’t want it at the football.

I don’t agree with the way women are treated in some countries, how homosexuality is treated in others and the treatment of animals in some also annoys me. However I would not want footballers to lie on their back to show support for women, on two knees for homosexuals and to go on all fours for the animals all before kick off.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I would imagine they were booing the fact it is being done at the football not the sentiment behind it. Does not make them racist, just means they don’t want it at the football.

I don’t agree with the way women are treated in some countries, how homosexuality is treated in others and the treatment of animals in some also annoys me. However I would not want footballers to lie on their back to show support for women, on two knees for homosexuals and to go on all fours for the animals all before kick off.

I think it’s safe to say they’re booing it because they are Infact racist. Stop talking absolute bollocks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2