Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

No way any decent manager worth their salt touches them with a bargepole with their ownership issues. Mel Morris has a bit of a screw loose, and any takeover is still miles up in the air. 

I agree, but I also see where the other posters are coming from that as a club they have potential given their stadium, training facilities and fanbase. I think it would be an absolute disaster if they gave the job to Rooney. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

No way any decent manager worth their salt touches them with a bargepole with their ownership issues. Mel Morris has a bit of a screw loose, and any takeover is still miles up in the air. 

Have to disagree here, they are a club who have punched below their weight for some time, of let's be honest a similar size to both Leicester and Wolves and look at how we have both done with a bit of investment.  Getting them to the PL wouldn't be an impossible job for a decent manager who backs himself and although I don't like to admit it, they would not be out of place in the PL.

• Like 1

Does everyone realise they're about to be taken over by the same group who had pretty much signed up Mourinho as Newcastle manager if it had gone through when it was meant to? 

That's all due to go through tomorrow. Already been through the first EFL checks and they don't seem as fussed by the Saudi aspect as the Premier League were.

Big week for Derby, I'd imagine they've got a plan in place for a new manager already and they'll push the spending limit as far as possible to achieve promotion within the next two seasons. 

Just now, AjcW said:

Does everyone realise they're about to be taken over by the same group who had pretty much signed up Mourinho as Newcastle manager if it had gone through when it was meant to? 

That's all due to go through tomorrow. Already been through the first EFL checks and they don't seem as fussed by the Saudi aspect as the Premier League were.

Big week for Derby, I'd imagine they've got a plan in place for a new manager already and they'll push the spending limit as far as possible to achieve promotion within the next two seasons. 

I dont think it is the same group tbf. Newcastle's takeover was backed by the Saudi PIF and therefore effectively the state. I've not heard about them being involved in this one? A couple of people in common are involved including the Sheikh but it sounds like he's not actually the biggest deal over there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

I dont think it is the same group tbf. Newcastle's takeover was backed by the Saudi PIF and therefore effectively the state. I've not heard about them being involved in this one? A couple of people in common are involved including the Sheikh but it sounds like he's not actually the biggest deal over there.

I've just read that as their way of getting round it seeming like there is any involvement from PIF.

Where do you think his money will be coming from? ;) 

Edited by AjcW

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

I've just read that as their way of getting round it seeming like there is any involvement from PIF.

Where do you think his money will be coming from? ;) 

Well we'll see won't we, not much we can do about it. There's an air of scepticism around the bloke in question though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Have to disagree here, they are a club who have punched below their weight for some time, of let's be honest a similar size to both Leicester and Wolves and look at how we have both done with a bit of investment.  Getting them to the PL wouldn't be an impossible job for a decent manager who backs himself and although I don't like to admit it, they would not be out of place in the PL.

They’ve definitely got potential and could do what the likes of us and Wolves are doing but same applies for a decent amount of Championship clubs really, many of which are probably in a better position than they are right now, I’m sure they’ll get someone decent just not Howe or Rafa like some are thinking.

On 18/11/2020 at 17:44, Leicesterpool said:

Take this with a pinch of salt, but it's being reported Balotelli be linked with Barnsley. Appartently without a club at present. Cannot see this happening but just imagine that seeing Mario turning up at Oakwell. Speaking of which would u take Mario on a free?

Geez, I recall his stint at Liverpool and how many seasons ago was that? 

Always had so much talent, combined with his size and strength. 

At his best, he could look like the greatest footballer in the world, but even back then, those days seemed so few and far between.

Million dollar body. Five cent head.

On 18/11/2020 at 22:44, Leicesterpool said:

Take this with a pinch of salt, but it's being reported Balotelli be linked with Barnsley. Appartently without a club at present. Cannot see this happening but just imagine that seeing Mario turning up at Oakwell. Speaking of which would u take Mario on a free?

I wouldn’t take him if he paid to play lol 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’d wager now that the three relegated teams from PL come straight back up. 

Not if they are west Brom, Fulham and Sheff Utd. All three are currently in the wrong division

Edit; apologies Cardiff..I misread the point you were making. Yes, Bournemouth and Norwich look well set

Edited by Paninistickers

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Two will definitely take the automatic places. None of them lost a host of key players and have good squads at that level.

19 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

17 hours ago, Corky said:

Two will definitely take the automatic places. None of them lost a host of key players and have good squads at that level.

Wilson, Arter, Ramsdale, Fraser, Ake all left Bournemouth this summer.