Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

6 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The above posts seem to be implying Forest are a big club which is also surely not true!

I agree they aren't. They're a mid sized club that had a 10 year successful period. They were a 2nd tier club before Clough came and they went back to being a 2nd tier club soon after he left. They are where they belong really.

I'm not claiming us to be a juggernaut either btw. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The above posts seem to be implying Forest are a big club which is also surely not true!

It’s not so much that, I personally think all 3 are more or less similar sized when it comes down to it, but we’re relevant because of our recent history, we’re a club people want in the Prem and seen as that club that won the league at 5000/1 odds and I’ll admit Forest are also a club people want in the Prem and they’re known for beating Malmö 40 years ago (or something like that), Derby are just associated with getting 11 points in a season but still see themselves as above us and at least equal to Forest.

16 minutes ago, Yes said:

)Derby are just associated with getting 11 points in a season but still see themselves as above us and at least equal to Forest.

It's their rivalry with Forest that makes them think that. If their rivals was Stoke City, they probably wouldn't have the inflated opinion of themselves that they have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Could forest get dragged into a bit of relegation battle? Rotherham have loads of games in hand 

Reckon they'll just about scrape survival. Looks like Birmingham/Coventry more likely to get sucked in. Sadly Forest/Derby will probably pick up enough points here and there. I don't expect Rotherham to get a lot of points to overhaul them either.

Norwich look good. They'll be a good addition to the Premier League. 

Bit by bit you are seeing one dimensional anti-football managers like Hughton getting exposed for their lack of coaching abilities. Even Championship players can play good exciting progression football of they are coached properly.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Bit by bit you are seeing one dimensional anti-football managers like Hughton getting exposed for their lack of coaching abilities. Even Championship players can play good exciting progression football of they are coached properly.

Karanka probably a finer example of that tbf. 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

It's their rivalry with Forest that makes them think that. If their rivals was Stoke City, they probably wouldn't have the inflated opinion of themselves that they have.

They also have the biggest stadium tbf, but that's soon to change. 

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Barnsley going up would soften the blow of losing arguably the best away days in the league and having some of the worst coming up.

I don't think Watford is as bad as it's made out. Easy trip from Leicester, compact away end in a ground with at least some character. Lacks decent pubs in the town though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yes said:

It’s not so much that, I personally think all 3 are more or less similar sized when it comes down to it, but we’re relevant because of our recent history, we’re a club people want in the Prem and seen as that club that won the league at 5000/1 odds and I’ll admit Forest are also a club people want in the Prem and they’re known for beating Malmö 40 years ago (or something like that), Derby are just associated with getting 11 points in a season but still see themselves as above us and at least equal to Forest.

It's a totally hipster opinion to say that Notts Forest "deserve" to be in the prem. It's said by people to try and make out that they have a greater level of football understanding than the next bloke, but it's a total fallacy.

26 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I don't think Watford is as bad as it's made out. Easy trip from Leicester, compact away end in a ground with at least some character. Lacks decent pubs in the town though.

There’s literally that one in the town where everyone goes I think it’s a Wetherspoons and a little independent pub which is really good. Otherwise, yeah. Shite. 

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's a totally hipster opinion to say that Notts Forest "deserve" to be in the prem. It's said by people to try and make out that they have a greater level of football understanding than the next bloke, but it's a total fallacy.

Oh definitely, like someone else said they’re a mid sized club at the end of the day and no one “deserves” to be in the Premier League. but even when people talk about who they’d like to see in the Prem for whatever reason Derby rarely feature, despite their belief that they’re a sleeping giant. 

17 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

What made Barnsley away so great was the huge away following. They would half that at least in the Premier League. Never been as squashed on a train as I was between Barnsley and Sheffield after one of our championship wins there lol

Yeah that Sheffield to Barnsley train ride is a COVID hazard these days lol absolute jam packed when we went up there. Went to Oakwell few times in the mid to late 2000s. Fun times but the away fans allocation would be halved by the Premier League of they got promoted.

34 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Sheffield Wednesday is another overrated false "big club". They're about to go down to League One for the third time in 15 years. Plus, they have 1 League Cup trophy in like 80 years or something. I'm amazed that they still have a reputation for being a big club despite being lower league fodder for a generation and more.

14 hours ago, Koke said:

I like going Carrow Road, and City of Norwich itself, but they don't half know how to cheat and waste time. They play good football but their last two visits to our place, both under different managers too, they just timewasted and went down so easy all game.

Edited by Fox92