Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

That makes sense, is Billy Beane still involved there? Sounds like they're running very similar to Brentford then. Looking to buy "undervalued" players that they expect do well and either sell on for profit or push them further up the leagues.

Yeah! Moneyball at its best ;) 

Chien Lee is the main investor and he's the one who owns the many european clubs, I think Beane is an advisor, probably as you say on implementing the tactics above.

They originally wanted to buy Brentford... then Middlesborough.... then QPR lol but ended up with Barnsley.

14 hours ago, Corky said:

Some serious bottle in the last few days from Andre Ayew. Two massive penalty winners.

They've basically cheated to get 6 points in the last 2 games so I dont think they deserved any praise at all, hope it doesnt make the difference between getting promoted.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

They've basically cheated to get 6 points in the last 2 games so I dont think they deserved any praise at all, hope it doesnt make the difference between getting promoted.

To be fair Ayew wasn't involved in either incident directly, that's another argument.

If he misses one or both it's huge for their season.

47 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Gotta love Warnock’s assertion that Swansea are getting decisions their way because the dad of Steve Cooper is a former referee, Keith 😂

He was the one Birch had a go at over the PA at half-time during a live Sky game.

7 hours ago, Koke said:

Wycombe practically down. Feel sorry for their fans. First time ever reaching the second tier and they can't be there to watch it. 

I hope they come back up in the next couple of years - to your point a big shame they can't be there to enjoy it with the team

13 hours ago, Koke said:

Wycombe practically down. Feel sorry for their fans. First time ever reaching the second tier and they can't be there to watch it. 

I used to work with a Wycombe fan who at the time was getting giddy about staying up in league 1. So, can't imagine how gutting it must be for them to have got the 2nd tier and missed it all. Sickener. Still they probably didn't expect to ever get to this level so its not the end of the world and presumably they'll have a little more money to spend for next season to try and reach the play offs again.

40 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Never want to visit that rugby stadium again. 

Good that they can be back there. We're so far removed from them now and with Mark Robins as the gaffer I  wish them well. It's been a pretty pittiful existance being a Cov fan lol

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Good that they can be back there. We're so far removed from them now and with Mark Robins as the gaffer I  wish them well. It's been a pretty pittiful existance being a Cov fan lol

That stadium move was an absolute disaster. I'd have somewhat understood it if Highfield Road was completely falling apart but it looked like a perfectly decent ground and was far closer to the city. 

9 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

That stadium move was an absolute disaster. I'd have somewhat understood it if Highfield Road was completely falling apart but it looked like a perfectly decent ground and was far closer to the city. 

After years of top flight football they were trying to move on to the next level. Sunderland, Leicester, Southampton, Boro etc all moved stadium around that time. In hindsight, it was a bad move for Cov but at the time they believed it'd propel them to bigger things. 

14 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Never been to the Ricoh but remember going to Highfield road a few times as a kid, always seemed an impressive stadium as a 11-12 year old :D