Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

15 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Barnsley in the play off places for the time being at least, hope they keep the charge going as its a bit boring seeing the usual suspects in and around the play offs.

They're the only interesting club of those currently in the play-off places. 

• Like 2

Coventry set to return to the Richo for next season. Football league set to confirm it later today apparently.

10 year deal too so not sure what impact this has on their plans for a new ground nearer the City but hopefully that still goes ahead in years to come.

What a mess that club have been since leaving Highfield Road. Should have stayed there, in hindsight of course.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Coventry set to return to the Richo for next season. Football league set to confirm it later today apparently.

10 year deal too so not sure what impact this has on their plans for a new ground nearer the City but hopefully that still goes ahead in years to come.

What a mess that club have been since leaving Highfield Road. Should have stayed there, in hindsight of course.

Which just makes it inevitable at this point that they’ll just end up in a ground share with the Tigers.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

There has never been a solid plan - always a negotiation tool

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There has never been a solid plan - always a negotiation tool

Yeah I'd have thought that's what it was.

Surprised to read they had a 3 year lease of St Andrews so could have been there next season too.

52 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Hope Barnsley stick at it, absolute joy to watch! Also a brilliant, brilliant away day

Would love it if they came up.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Sure I heard that Barnsley have the youngest or second youngest squad in the top 5 leagues in Europe + Championship.

They'll be getting picked apart by the vultures if they don't come up 

Got some decent cash behind them to be fair. 

And a network of clubs, FC Thun, KV Oostende and AS Nancy (owner sold Nice for a fortune to Ineos and bough Nancy as a replacement) so good tradable prospects across the four i'd imagine! Also in the process of buying a Belgian and Danish team too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, filbertway said:

Sure I heard that Barnsley have the youngest or second youngest squad in the top 5 leagues in Europe + Championship.

They'll be getting picked apart by the vultures if they don't come up 

They've been picked off year after year but now I think have a bit more money than then. Don't forget the likes of Conor Hourihane/Alfie Mawson were sold to bigger clubs but John Stones/Mason Holgate actually started out at Barnsley and were sold.

9 hours ago, AjcW said:

Got some decent cash behind them to be fair. 

And a network of clubs, FC Thun, KV Oostende and AS Nancy (owner sold Nice for a fortune to Ineos and bough Nancy as a replacement) so good tradable prospects across the four i'd imagine! Also in the process of buying a Belgian and Danish team too.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They've been picked off year after year but now I think have a bit more money than then. Don't forget the likes of Conor Hourihane/Alfie Mawson were sold to bigger clubs but John Stones/Mason Holgate actually started out at Barnsley and were sold.

I hadn't realised they had a bit of cash, I'll have to do a bit more research. I'd been lazy and assumed they'd manage to have a crop of quality young players signed/come through and the manager was getting a tune out of them.

56 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I hadn't realised they had a bit of cash, I'll have to do a bit more research. I'd been lazy and assumed they'd manage to have a crop of quality young players signed/come through and the manager was getting a tune out of them.

I think that's still the case, recruitment under their previous German coach was good, over the last two seasons they've signed 3 from the Austrian Bundesliga which is clever really, their teams play in the Europa/Champions League but the league itself is at a similar level financially to the Championship, so you can pick up good players for a good price.

They've only spent a couple of mill, but I think given their new backing they'll be in less of a rush to sell even if they don't come up.

17 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think that's still the case, recruitment under their previous German coach was good, over the last two seasons they've signed 3 from the Austrian Bundesliga which is clever really, their teams play in the Europa/Champions League but the league itself is at a similar level financially to the Championship, so you can pick up good players for a good price.

They've only spent a couple of mill, but I think given their new backing they'll be in less of a rush to sell even if they don't come up.

That makes sense, is Billy Beane still involved there? Sounds like they're running very similar to Brentford then. Looking to buy "undervalued" players that they expect do well and either sell on for profit or push them further up the leagues.