Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

52 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Have they made the playoffs since they sacked Davies because he was holding them back?

lol

Davies is strange but he was a good Championship manager.

2009/10 when we made the play offs (and Forest) it was a strong division.

34 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

lol

Davies is strange but he was a good Championship manager.

2009/10 when we made the play offs (and Forest) it was a strong division.

Davies' CV is pretty impressive tbf, got the worst Premier league team ever promoted. I think that 2nd tier at forest ruined his rep, bit like the way nige left derby

34 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Davies' CV is pretty impressive tbf, got the worst Premier league team ever promoted. I think that 2nd tier at forest ruined his rep, bit like the way nige left derby

Yeah. Did well at Preston too, pretty sure he got them to the play offs too iirc.

21 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I'm not sure, didn't get relegated and he brought them back up... could be wrong.

There's a peculiar pattern emerging to the clubs Chris Hughton has managed on a permanent basis.

Newcastle

Birmingham

Norwich

Brighton

Nottingham Forest

Where next? Billericay?

• Haha 3

As a Wycombe fan, we look like struggling to stay up, but we are playing with house money, as that playoff win may have saved the club (our owner has money, but not ridiculous money). Our budget last season was around 1.9 million. Evidently that is going up more to the 3-4 million range, which is still the lowest this century for the second tier, I would bet. TV money means we get about 9 million in, even without fans, and the cost of playing games without fans will eat up a massive chunk of the difference.

But either way, we are one of the few clubs in the country who could emerge from this on an even financial keel, owing to the massive windfall (for us) versus our tiny budget. Don't get me wrong, I would love to somehow stay up, and it is a shame that what may be our only ever second tier season (and certainly the only season the likes of Bayo and Bloomfield will play in this division) will happen in front of no fans. But in today's game, survival is the number one priority, so I keep going back to that playoff final with the feeling it saved our bacon.

On 10/10/2020 at 01:07, Shev said:

As a Wycombe fan, we look like struggling to stay up, but we are playing with house money, as that playoff win may have saved the club (our owner has money, but not ridiculous money). Our budget last season was around 1.9 million. Evidently that is going up more to the 3-4 million range, which is still the lowest this century for the second tier, I would bet. TV money means we get about 9 million in, even without fans, and the cost of playing games without fans will eat up a massive chunk of the difference.

But either way, we are one of the few clubs in the country who could emerge from this on an even financial keel, owing to the massive windfall (for us) versus our tiny budget. Don't get me wrong, I would love to somehow stay up, and it is a shame that what may be our only ever second tier season (and certainly the only season the likes of Bayo and Bloomfield will play in this division) will happen in front of no fans. But in today's game, survival is the number one priority, so I keep going back to that playoff final with the feeling it saved our bacon.

Was always gonna be a struggle. Ainsworth has worked wonders. Shame there's no fans this season so you could actually go, some good grounds and away days in the Championship.

• Like 1

Just now, Walkers said:

Lost count of how many stories i've heard about the Watford manager in commentary tonight

Gary Weaver is the worst commentator out there. Whole match sounds like he's reading from some shitty pre prepared script, packed full of terrible soundbites. Any time anybody has a throw-in remotely close to the area they are always apparently "on the launchpad".

Was a rubbish game and we have been pretty poor attacking wise - doesn't help not having Sarr/Deeney (if fit) and even Gray who is useful at this level.

But another clean sheet and generally pretty solid - 1 goal in 5 games given away.

Of course had that moment of magic as well.

Worry to read Derby fans say that was their best performance so far.....doesn't bode well then!

Blackburn and Bournemouth will be much tougher in term of testing the defence.