Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They'll go up at a canter now I've said it but I don't fancy your man at Watford getting the season, that squad shouldn't be squeaking through games, drawing to Wycombe is a terrible result all in (one I'm pleased to see mind)

Wycombe were unlucky not to win, as well.

Had a goal disallowed due to an apparent foul on the goalkeeper, but the replay suggested that their striker was looking at the ball coming to him and lightly touching the goalkeeper when battling for the ball.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

They'll go up at a canter now I've said it but I don't fancy your man at Watford getting the season, that squad shouldn't be squeaking through games, drawing to Wycombe is a terrible result all in (one I'm pleased to see mind)

Yes we were hopeless and couldn’t cope with their energy or play.

Already questions being asked about the  squad and manager albeit mainly from people who expected us to be easily the best team etc.

On 27/10/2020 at 22:40, Corky said:

Are Reading a seriously good team or is it a new manager bounce?

They've got a decent lead already.

It’s a weird one. They sacked the manager just before the start of the season and drafted him in and they look unbeatable and scoring bags of goals. 

Still makes me laugh when I look at their results, check the line up and see the centre back paring of Liam Moore and Michael Morrison lol 

Omar Richards is one to watch from them though. Tipped for a move imminently. Our sort of signing. He’s a left back too.

edit: forgot to add they also appear to be Mendes latest championship pet project 😒

Edited by AjcW

36 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Add to that we've won 4 top flight games in just 6 games on our own.

Can't help but feel smug hahaha

It's mental how good we are compared to the other East Mids sides (I know Cov are West Mids..)

If we played Forest/Derby now, and actually went full strength, we'd be batter them.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Will Coventry, eventually, be able to move back to the Ricoh Arena?

What an absolute shambles that situation is between themselves, the council and the owners of the stadium.

They're looking at moving back into Coventry.

But I don't know if that'll ever happen.

Massive shame. It's a mess anyway. It's all hindsight but they should never have left Highfield Road, should just have done it up if possible.

Great to see Wimbledon finally get back to Plough Lane and hopefully happens for Coventry one day.

A senior member of the Abu Dhabi royal family who recently failed with high-profile bids for Liverpool and Newcastle United is interested in a Derby County takeover. Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan, 62, is the cousin of Manchester City's owner Sheikh Mansour and owns the Bin Zayed Group, a Dubai-based conglomerate. Current owner Mel Morris bought Derby in 2015 but The Athletic understands he has been trying to sell at least a significant chunk of the club since last season.

https://theathletic.com/news/derby-newcastle-takeover-sheikh-khaled/2pJQROiLw7Cn

DCFC ain't Liverpool, and it ain't even Newcastle.  But there's a back-to-the-roots fit to this that scares me.

sheep.JPG.af26e486b34473638dc7bcd415b56d3f.JPG