Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Championship - 2020/2021

49 minutes ago, The Bear said:

The Derby fan at work just said to me he'd have Monk as "he's a good manager and didn't deserve to get rhe sack on a couple of occasions". 

To be fair, he lost six points and they're still above Derby.

No wonder he's excited by the potential.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Bear said:

The Derby fan at work just said to me he'd have Monk as "he's a good manager and didn't deserve to get rhe sack on a couple of occasions". 

You'll find a lot in Birmingham say he's a good manager but it's off the field stuff what lets him down. Still lives in Solihull

19 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Having had a flick through Owlstalk I am somewhat impressed by how many of them seem to 'get' Pearson, even as a manager, and there's the sort of stuff you'd expect to read on here. Refreshing given the stuff you tend to see from some fanbases.

They love him from his playing days and rightly so.

I'm pretty sure he once said he'd never go back though.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They love him from his playing days and rightly so.

I'm pretty sure he once said he'd never go back though.

Shame if so, the circumstances seem good for him to join them now. Although by all accounts the owner sounds like another fruitcake.

On 06/11/2020 at 14:26, The Bear said:

The Derby takeover sounds a sham. The bloke isn't royalty at all if you believe this Newcastle fan:

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi all. You’ll be able to tell from my username where I’m coming from. I saw the ‘takeover’ talk of Derby via an NUFC link - just thought you might like a perspective from a club who the Bin Zayed Group ‘tried’ to buy previously. Hopefully you will all take this in the spirit in which it is meant - it’s a shame to see these chancers being linked to a ‘proper’ club like DCFC. If the East Midlands press is as poo as the North East, chances are they’ll not report this.

I’ll get this out of the way straight away; you won’t be taken over by this lot. They’re potless. They’re after the publicity. The bloke in charge of the organisation simply has a very similar name to the actual crown prince of Abu Dhabi. It would be like a bloke called Charles Windsor being mistaken for Prince Charles. He isn’t the ‘cousin’ of the Man City owner - he’s some sort of distant relative (plenty of them in that neck of the woods). The fact that the BZG did nothing to disabuse anyone of the fact that the press routinely mix their chairman up with the crown prince of Abu Dhabi says everything - he’s a con man. He works out of a pokey office in Dubai. He’s not a rich scion of the royal family. The man is called Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed al-Nahyan (note he doesn’t use ‘HH’ before his name - the equivalent of ‘HRH’) - he is NOT HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, who is the man who is crown prince (and who the papers kept confusing with), nor is he HH Khalid bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who is a member of the royal family. The lazy bar stewards in the North East kept running this story well past the point that these jokers were exposed.

When they ‘bid’ for Newcastle in 2019, we had Liverpool supporters telling us they were tyre-kickers. They were right. They had contacted Mike Ashley, who told them the price - they then put out that they had ‘agreed’ the purchase of the club. For about six weeks the papers waited for them to show proof of funds (a knacker called Midhat was the PR man - watch out for his ********). The proof of funds never materialised - because they’re potless.

Hopefully no-one here is confused with the current takeover lot at Newcastle - that is actually the Saudi state (legal stuff is happening re that at present). It certainly isn’t that lot.

Just a heads-up that it is a waste of time to even think about this chancer buying the club - he hasn’t the cash. Unfortunately, they took in a lot of our support with their ******** - helped by the uselessness of the football press. Please don’t waste your time thinking about what will happen under them - this is as far as it will ever get.

With that, all the best for the coming season. I hope it will be understood that this post was not meant with any animosity - I’ve no negative feelings re Derby (after all, they play in the correct colours and have a dislike of Forest - both sensible & good things). Derby is a grand old club, and it irritates me seeing this bunch of chancers being linked with another historic English club.

edit: I’ve just seen that they gave Ashley a £30m deposit. No they didn’t - that was the Saudis. The Bin Zayed Group didn’t even get past the ‘proof of funds’ stage. Don’t mix up the Saudi PIF and this lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------

“Khaled belongs to a branch that was exiled to Dubai and for a period his family was banned. They remain quite distant and there has even been some anger among Abu Dhabi’s rulers that the Dubai branch were using the title ‘His Highness’ when, as members of a less powerful branch, they should have been using ‘His Excellency’.  When Sheikh Khaled emerged in 2019 with the Newcastle rumours, I and others who work closely on the UAE had never come across him before, so he certainly isn’t a major player.”

That's a middle east expert quoted in the Athletic yesterday https://theathletic.com/2179029/2020/11/09/the-men-behind-the-derby-takeover-as-mel-morris-sells-up  They noted that the British expats facilitating the bid are in the business of helping sheikhs and oligarchs buy English clubs and their record (Reading, Everton in 2004, etc) is not pretty.

Checking the Derby forum, this post is as close to a glimmer of the dawning as I could find …

deludedRam.thumb.JPG.5de9503ce1910acb500055bf044fbd5f.JPG

Most still seem to think they’ll be the richest club in England, sitting top of the Prem in short order.  This is the type of thing that sounds legit to a Derby fan:

TopInvestmentMaster.JPG.20e61fcbe38e77e62b8527069be3f03e.JPG

:crylaugh:  If this does go through … please, please get the documentary crew in there next year to film "Derby Till I Die".  Could be classic English comedy.

13 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Has Garry Monk actually done anything in his management career to be considered a good manager?

Birmingham were complete dross when he took over there and he made them competitive. The rest of his managerial career seems to be typified by reasonable spells of form before tailing off.

Gary Monk once got angry at me for politely asking him to tuck his chair in so I could fit onto the table behind that him and his precocious family had taken complete ownership of.... bit of a **** by all accounts...

• Haha 1

On 12/11/2020 at 09:16, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Birmingham were complete dross when he took over there and he made them competitive. The rest of his managerial career seems to be typified by reasonable spells of form before tailing off.

Fell out with the chairman there I can remember. But I don't know he just seems to get the top championship jobs, but he's yet to prove to me he's capable of taking a team up. Where I'd like to see Gary Monk go is takeover at somewhere like a Rotherham or a Barnsley build them up, maybe being there under less pressure we would see his strongness to working under a small budget.

47 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Fell out with the chairman there I can remember. But I don't know he just seems to get the top championship jobs, but he's yet to prove to me he's capable of taking a team up. Where I'd like to see Gary Monk go is takeover at somewhere like a Rotherham or a Barnsley build them up, maybe being there under less pressure we would see his strongness to working under a small budget.

He fell out with his assistant manager. Believe it’s the second time that’s happened as well.

Says a lot about him that I think. Not sure he’ll be suited to anywhere big or small to be perfectly honest 

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Pulis is a good appointment by Wednesday, they'll stay up for sure. Derby fan at my work is genuinely worried that they'll go down. They've only scored one goal from open play this season. 

I think Derby should be okay though I'm surprised Cocu is still in the job, thought they would have changed during the international break. I think when the change will happen thinks will improve in time for Derby. Too much negative around I think at present, some of it hasn't helped since Rooney arrived, think i'm taking centre stage has caused too many distractions.

Edited by Leicesterpool