Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Soarvalleyfox

5th place, highest scoring away win, Europe, and golden Boot winner!

14 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

For me, that’s the downside to the season. The vultures will come for our best players, while we won’t be able to attract the players that will improve on our already excellent core without the lore and cash of CL football.

UP THE FOXES! :scarf:

To be fair , that's not strictly true.  You say we need champions League to add to the core of he squad (which is deemed good enough) yet we didn't have champions League to get those players in.  If our scouting system is good enough, champions League football doesn't really matter in terms of getting excellent players in.

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

That's like being with a women who's a 9 out of 10 for a long time and then getting together with a 4 out of 10 and saying, ah well at least she's a women? 

I mean if we're going to use that analogy (and we probably shouldn't but I'll humour you). It's a bit like being a 2 out of 10, and dating a 2 out of 10 for years, and then getting together with a 10 out of 10 once, her leaving you and you ending up with an 8 out of 10 and whinging about it because you have delusions of grandeur.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Soarvalleyfox said:

Let's try and be positive here, we've had a great season until coronavirus intervened! Just a couple of months ago we didn't know if the season would even end (maybe it would have been better if it hadn't!) but here we are, the second most successful season we've had in the Premier league, even with lots of injuries! Roll on next season  

can't really complain at that can you European football a record win a golden boot we just fell off the rails after restart because mainly of injuries to key players, I’m proud of this achievement it will only make us push harder next season as an almost made the CL again?

Who knows with Brendan bringing in a few decent players if we can get Jovic and a few more to rebuild let go of the dead wood get a winning mentality back.

Edited by justfoxes

You know what? Now that I think of it I'm actually thrilled that we got into Europa League. I would've loved CL but the quality of teams in that competition is too high for us now. Europa League is winnable for us next season with a bigger squad with more quality 

• Like 2

Just now, 420Hashish said:

You know what? Now that I think of it I'm actually thrilled that we got into Europa League. I would've loved CL but the quality of teams in that competition is too high for us now. Europa League is winnable for us next season with a bigger squad with more quality 

Yep. Got to look optimistically ahead of next season. People concerned that some of our big players will leave. Let them go if their heart isn’t in it. The only irreplaceable for me is Vardy.

Need to bring in some quality and beef out the squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 420Hashish said:

OH YEAH IT'S BRILLIANT LOVE BOTTLING :)

Just now, Mark_w said:

I mean if we're going to use that analogy (and we probably shouldn't but I'll humour you). It's a bit like being a 2 out of 10, and dating a 2 out of 10 for years, and then getting together with a 10 out of 10 once, her leaving you and you ending up with an 8 out of 10 and whinging about it because you have delusions of grandeur.

Actually no... Its like if you were a 2 out of 10

..but then you fixed up your teeth, hit the gym and perhaps got some plastic surgery (got a good owner and attracted some decent talent and won the league) Then dated a 9 out of 10 for 80% of the time and then ended up with a 4 out of 10 even after you've made all that effort hitting the gym and spending money on sorting your face out 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Go elsewhere if you want to feel sorry for yourself and shout a lot.

I feel sorry for MY CLUB, I get being positive but now is not the time. I genuinely, GENUINELY don't get how you can just turn around and be like yeah this is great when the wounds are so fresh. IMAGINE, IMAGINE posting after the deeney goal in the play-offs and going "Yeah the championship is alright, great league". It's ****ing baffles me, how can you not be fuming. 

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

I feel sorry for MY CLUB, I get being positive but now is not the time. I genuinely, GENUINELY don't get how you can just turn around and be like yeah this is great when the wounds are so fresh. IMAGINE, IMAGINE posting after the deeney goal in the play-offs and going "Yeah the championship is alright, great league". It's ****ing baffles me, how can you not be fuming. 

Because I am philosophical, realistic, and I know that the entire club will have been doing its best. There are lots of thread for you to be negative in, it isn't your place to tell us off for not being so.

• Like 2

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Because I am philosophical, realistic, and I know that the entire club will have been doing its best. There are lots of thread for you to be negative in, it isn't your place to tell us off for not being so.

I genuinely cannot believe this mindset, you literally must not give a toss

Honestly don't think it would have affected recruitment anyway. We're Leicester, people would have expected us to drop out in the group stages and we won't match traditional top 6 on wages. Our worst ever window was the one after we won the league. 

Got to go invest in the right areas now, someone like Sarr or Deulofeu from Watford would be nice. Also desperately need some striking options.

Still a great season overall, though the downwards trend is worrying. We've seen how momentum can carry you one way or the other and we don't really have much of a break.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The pain of suddenly realising we're confined to another season of championship football far outweighs the disappointment I'm feeling right now of having to make do with EL over CL 

22 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Nothing to do with corona. Could see this coming a mile off (I personally put money on us not finishing top 4 on the way back from a dismal defeat at Burnley) and that’s the concern: this wasn’t over a condensed lockdown spell, it’s been since December and we’ve not been able to address it.

If you’re happy with 5th then it’s a small-time mentality. I get it’s a decent consolation but if you’re willing to ignore the last 19 games because we managed to still end up 5th despite being so poor for so long then you’re kidding yourself.

Absolutely. I remember being told by a Burnley fan that I was too negative when I told him we would finish 5th or 6th after that game but it seemed inevitable to me, and we haven't improved since.

I'm worried about us taking this form into next season.

Positive point - People talk about us losing players due to not offering champions league football but we might be able to attract decent players with the draw of the Europa League. Obviously not the same but its a better selling point we've had as a club than

we we've ever had bar winning the league, even then you could argue potential signings might see this as more sustainable than 2016.

1 minute ago, RutlanderFox said:

The pain of suddenly realising we're confined to another season of championship football far outweighs the disappointment I'm feeling right now of having to make do with EL over CL 

I don't get that though, we have only so many chances to get back into the champions league. This was it, the competition will change you only get moments like this. In the championship you'd always have a chance of getting out of the league. I'm not UNGRATEFUL for any form of EUROPEAN football let's not get it twisted, but I don't get this relentless mindset to switch it round and go "yeah we've massively ****ed a season,but europa is good" and so soon after the match, I just don't understand, i'm so confused.

• Like 1