Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Soarvalleyfox

5th place, highest scoring away win, Europe, and golden Boot winner!

To be so far clear. How many was it.. 14, 15? That's disappointing. To keep, and attract, good players you need to be at the highest level. Look at Maddison's reaction FT, he's probably gutted he'll not be playing CL football.

• Like 3

So true.  2nd best finish in top league and people not happy ???  Can understand disappointment but wouldn’t we accept top 6 year in year out.  We can’t compete financially with the “big 6”, but we are more than competitive and fully expect that to carry on.

• Like 1

It’s a good season. A damper because of how we let the lead go but definitely something to build on. 

The best thing we did before we won the championship is but experience that summer and I don’t think that would be a bad move for us this summer. A few experienced heads to come in and dig us out of a rut.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

To be so far clear. How many was it.. 14, 15? That's disappointing. To keep, and attract, good players you need to be at the highest level. Look at Maddison's reaction FT, he's probably gutted he'll not be playing CL football.

For me, that’s the downside to the season. The vultures will come for our best players, while we won’t be able to attract the players that will improve on our already excellent core without the lore and cash of CL football.

UP THE FOXES! :scarf:

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

To be so far clear. How many was it.. 14, 15? That's disappointing. To keep, and attract, good players you need to be at the highest level. Look at Maddison's reaction FT, he's probably gutted he'll not be playing CL football.

Well he is partly responsible, so he can help fix it.

• Like 2

Other than the money and the honour of finishing 4th/3rd, I'm not bothered about the Champs League, we were never going to win it.

I can understand why people are disappointed, but it's not been a bad season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's context. At the start of the season we'd of taken 5th ofcourse. But the monumental collapse since Dec is the reason for the disappointment. If you are not slightly angry you have to have a word with yourself. Yes there are some positives but today we all should be bitterly disappointed 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think most of us on here are happy we’re 5th but devastated how it has happened!

If anyone said to me in person to cheer up I think I’d slap them in the face... we’ve had to put up with some right idiotic football since lockdown was eased!

• Like 1

Just now, hejammy said:

It's context. At the start of the season we'd of taken 5th ofcourse. But the monumental collapse since Dec is the reason for the disappointment. If you are not slightly angry you have to have a word with yourself. Yes there are some positives but today we all should be bitterly disappointed 

On the other hand we're Leicester and a dreadful run since December has left us 5th in the top flight. So, you know, there's a bit of room for positivity.

Just now, Mark_w said:

On the other hand we're Leicester and a dreadful run since December has left us 5th in the top flight. So, you know, there's a bit of room for positivity.

That's like being with a women who's a 9 out of 10 for a long time and then getting together with a 4 out of 10 and saying, ah well at least she's a women? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

Only because the other good teams have been inconsistent in the first half. At the moment they turned up, we saw what happened.