Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Hamza

He's a liability and Rodgers has known that for awhile. Feels like he makes one huge error in most games that he starts.

He's too laid back and nonchalant, hence the lazy passes (last night, Man Utd on the last day last season) and times when he doesn't track his man (Villa at home this season).

I don't blame Rodgers for picking him last night as we needed the energy, but it just proves that layer of the squad just isn't strong enough.

23 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Blaming Ndidi for the goal last night is harsh, to say the least.

It was Hamza who takes most of the culpability for sure. 

But it also was undoubtedly poor defending from Ndidi as well. Hamza's pass has left Ndidi in a bad position but he panics and dives into a tackle he's never going to win allowing him to get easily beaten.

Not saying he could have prevented the goal but Vydra still had a few steps to go if he hadn't stepped into the tackle with such poor timing, he at least would have had another better opportunity for atackle/block or to position in a way to push Vydra further outside and not give him the whole goal one-on-one to aim for.

Don't think it's harsh at all to say Ndidi was also partially culpable for the goal and shouldn't have dived straight into the tackle allowing Vydra to easily beat him.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

I thought he was superb vs Fulham and Wolves and was rather hoping this fresh lease of life would kick start his career here but last night just once again highlights how limited he is as a player and is a liability on the ball. 

He will be sold this summer.

He's made 4 starts in the league this season. The only one we won was Fulham away. He passes it sideways, makes mistakes, never moves with the ball, and has no attacking threat. Andy King would be more effective.

The fact anyone thinks he's anywhere near Mendy's level, which at the start of the season after being given a good run of games was outstanding, blows my mind. 

Whenever he's on the pitch I always feel like we're not playing at the team's full potential. Brendan knows he's not good enough and it's like he promised him game time after we didn't let him go. Absolute madness that he starts games for us.

Edited by ousefox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

He’s better than mendy in almost all aspects of the game for me. I think mendys range of passing is slightly better but then again in the position they play it’s hardly crucial. Ndidi is a pretty poor passer. None of the three are good at that. However Hamza is better than mendy in every other way for me

Sorry I don't want to sound condescending but I can't believe what I'm reading here. I suppose football is all about opinions!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

He’s better than mendy in almost all aspects of the game for me. I think mendys range of passing is slightly better but then again in the position they play it’s hardly crucial. Ndidi is a pretty poor passer. None of the three are good at that. However Hamza is better than mendy in every other way for me

Completely disagree. Mendy does most things better than Hamza. Hamza brings great energy and I would say he has done some pretty spectacular last ditch tackles, but Mendy is better in every other department and when he was filling in for N'didi at the start of the season, he was absolutely quality for us.

I watched him fairly closely last night, especially after that first error and it astounds me at just how reluctant he is to have the ball....  Any pass in to his feet is instantly sent back to the person that played it to him.  He doesn't get his head up, doesn't turn with the ball.  It effectively rebounds off of him back to wherever it came from. 

His positioning was also generally poor.  He tends to not make himself available to receive the ball further up the pitch.  He will do it by picking up a position where there is a player between him and the ball, or will fail to find the space to receive the pass. 

It's a crying shame and obvious that he is devoid of confidence.  

I fully expected 2-3 years ago that he would kick on and be a driving force in midfield. A ball carrier.  but the current version of him is just not up to the standard we require as a backup and certainly no where near a starting berth. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevosevic said:

It's the mistakes and silly fouls. They're always so costly so he can't be trusted at this level.

It's all too frequent.

Shows he is playing at his limit. 

Happened to me in my "career" when I hit Semi-Pro / National League type level.  I was as calm and assured as you like as a full back / centre back up until that point... Then you get less time, feel rushed on the ball and find yourself reaching for that tackle when the players you are up against are a split second quicker in their movement or decision making. Ironically, I had a very serious back injury that put pay to my football career at 23, but had I played one more game, I'd have been marking Vardy when he played for Stocksbridge.

I'm pretty confident i'd have retired through choice if I'd had to mark him anyway!!!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Sorry I don't want to sound condescending but I can't believe what I'm reading here. I suppose football is all about opinions!

33 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Completely disagree. Mendy does most things better than Hamza. Hamza brings great energy and I would say he has done some pretty spectacular last ditch tackles, but Mendy is better in every other department and when he was filling in for N'didi at the start of the season, he was absolutely quality for us.

I know I’m probably on my own with this one but I’m just not having that Mendy is a better player than Hamza. I feel a lot of this sentiment is reactionary on yesterday’s performance but Hamza for me is a level above mendy. Tbf I don’t rate mendy at all so it’s not like I’m saying Hamza is a world beater just better than Mendy.

18 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I know I’m probably on my own with this one but I’m just not having that Mendy is a better player than Hamza. I feel a lot of this sentiment is reactionary on yesterday’s performance but Hamza for me is a level above mendy. Tbf I don’t rate mendy at all so it’s not like I’m saying Hamza is a world beater just better than Mendy.

I know of at least one person who agrees with you, but I don't know if you'd necessarily be pleased about it...

31 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

How did you rate Mendy's performances when he was filling in for N'didi at the start of the season? 

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

How did you rate Mendy's performances when he was filling in for N'didi at the start of the season? 

He had some good games. I thought he had something about him but I’ve seen enough in recent games to say I don’t rate him that highly. I appreciate his effort and spirit but he doesn’t bring as much as Hamza does to the team for me. I would 100% pick Hamza over Mendy every time if I had the choice.

I think Hamza belongs in another era!

The bloke loves a tackle and a lunge and he also is a bit of a risk taker. To me he has gone from a forward thinking energetic all action midfielder who used to get his foot in to one who is trying to nick the ball Ndidi style and now passes backwards and sideways! He looks like someone needs to take the leash off of him but I fear that wont be happening at our club.

• Like 1

He looked noticeably shaken by what happened in that game yesterday. Every time it cut to him he looked a bit of a wreck. I think he knows deep down he's probably done here in any serious capacity. Gives me no pleasure saying it but he's just not at the level.