Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Hamza

He’s just not very good. There’s no harm in admitting it. 

The level of his ‘ability’ is unfortunately being cruelly exposed by the ability of those around him. 

I agree with all those posters who have noticed his ability to hide in a match and place himself in a position where he cannot receive a pass. 

Persisting with him is damaging both his career and our performances. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

And Perez, Maddison, Barnes? Or are we singling out Hamza?

Maddison and Barnes are class players, although Maddisons attitude has to be questioned now.

Perez is a squad player but I think that'll be enough to keep him.

When you've not got the ability nor the attitude, you aren't going to be kept here and Hamza has neither.

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Maddison and Barnes are class players, although Maddisons attitude has to be questioned now.

When you've not got the ability nor the attitude, you aren't going to be kept here and Hamza has neither.

You jumped at the chance to have a go at him. Calculated. That’s my point.

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

You jumped at the chance to have a go at him. Calculated. That’s my point.

What are you trying to say?

As someone else has said, he's the one of the three with the least amount of talent, who has spent months moaning he isn't getting games and saying he wants a loan move if Rodgers isn't interested in playing him. We give him some games and some minutes and this is how he ends up repaying us. That's not mentioning the time he missed a vital training session before Christmas and had to be disciplined then too.

I'll also dig Maddison out for doing many stupid things, but the difference is that he's worth about 100m and genuinely makes a difference when he plays, so we aren't just gonna toss him out the club like we are Hamza.

surely given his role in the squad and that most of us expect KDH to be involved next season he has played his last game for us, its not fair that he should be singled out but star players do get special treatment where as squad players have to toe the line more and for a 3rd choice DM to do what he has done this week is incredible dense

I may be in the minority here but I cant have a pop at the "Hamza situation".

The lad is 24 later this year and wants to play football. He has shown enough to know that there is a decent footballer in there, however he has hardly kicked on in the last couple of years hence his frustration. We resigned Mendy for a season which limited his time and its very difficult to expect a player like Hamza who hasnt had much game time to play at his best.

Im pretty certain he will go but I cant knock him for wanting to play football. As for bumping this thread because of being part of a quartet of first team players and injured players who decided to break Covid rules, I see no link myself. If he goes it should be because we have better players and he doesnt want to bench warm and not the events of the last 7 days.

56 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

The lad is 24 later this year and wants to play football. He has shown enough to know that there is a decent footballer in there, however he has hardly kicked on in the last couple of years hence his frustration. We resigned Mendy for a season which limited his time and its very difficult to expect a player like Hamza who hasnt had much game time to play at his best.

Im pretty certain he will go but I cant knock him for wanting to play football. As for bumping this thread because of being part of a quartet of first team players and injured players who decided to break Covid rules, I see no link myself. If he goes it should be because we have better players and he doesnt want to bench warm and not the events of the last 7 days.

no one knocks him for wanting to leave to play, I think most would look favourably on him ambition, what we are critical of, is his stupidity and poor performances

Edited by Jimmy

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

no ne knocks him for wanting to leave to play, I think most would look favourably on him ambition, what we are critical of, is his stupidity and poor performances

He has been stupid, but so have another 3 players. I'm sure that some wouldn't mind if Ayoze was punted out with Hamza, no-one would realistically be calling for Maddison or Barnes to do one.

As for performances, you have to look at it a bit deeper. Under Rodgers, it seems he doesn't fully trust Hamza and his career has regressed. When I watch Hamza play, he can look like Kante at times and at others, like Terry Hurlock. His positioning is woeful as is his reading of the game. Rodgers has seen this and decided he wont get us much game time as we have better options.

While not many players have left us in recent times that we wished didn't, possibly with the exception of Kramaric, Hamza can easily be one that got away. He is still young enough to go to another club and carve out a good Premiership level career. Has he the mentality and the ability, time will tell but I when a player isnt given a proper run in the side, we cant be too critical.

BTW go back through the Kelechi topics in here. How many 3 months ago wanted him to be offered a new contract? He has been given a chance, had a real run in the side and has shown us what he can do. Thats about 4 years after being with us and many would have wanted him out. Hamza IMO has good potential but wont be allowed to fulfil it until he gets to another club.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

surely given his role in the squad and that most of us expect KDH to be involved next season he has played his last game for us, its not fair that he should be singled out but star players do get special treatment where as squad players have to toe the line more and for a 3rd choice DM to do what he has done this week is incredible dense

Yep, he’s much more easier to let go of than the others. Was on a very thin line anyway with the club. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Analysethis said:

He has been stupid, but so have another 3 players. I'm sure that some wouldn't mind if Ayoze was punted out with Hamza, no-one would realistically be calling for Maddison or Barnes to do one.

of course not, fact of life is star players get treated differently if Vardy had a fight with Jakupovic no one would bat an eyelid if we sacked our 3rd choice keeper, Vardy would never face that same fate 

56 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Yes...so simple..!! But some will Insist in Making more of it...!!

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes...so simple..!! But some will Insist in Making more of it...!!

he's 3rd choice in his position, was already expected to be replaced by another of our youngsters in the squad next summer and nearly left the club in January. Saying he's probably played his last game isn't reactionary its just a statement of the situation, we don't really need 2 DMs on the bench, we do so simply to fill the places so next game when he, Maddison and Perez are available, I would rather 1 dm and keep one or 2 of the young lads there, I said this on here before the breach of protocol

Edited by Jimmy

I like Hamza.  He may have to be moved on because of the quality of our squad.  He would become an ex-player who I would want to do well.   I don't feel that about Chilwell, Maguire, Mahrez or even Kante.

Drinkwater had more support from me but barely played

• Like 2

On 11/04/2021 at 13:48, Leicester_Loyal said:

If he is that bad then who the f**k would buy him. He has a contract and if he wants to see it out then he will stay.