Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Hamza

Don't know why Mendy is getting stick, granted he's not great every game but earlier in the season when he was needed he stepped up with some really impressive performances. The last season or so it's been nice having Hamza in the squad because he's one of our own and he gets stuck in with a tackle, but when it's not going great it's very evident that he is not a good footballer. Terrible decision maker, always steps on the ball and passes backward even if he is offered space. I don't know how much can be coached into him, but I can't imagine BR will want to keep him on.

Might as well try Danny Ward in midfield, doubt he'd have sold Schmeichel up the river like that

My god we really need to bulk out the squad in the summer. Like going to the supermarket when you're hungry, buy all sorts of shit and worry about it later

• Like 1

Guest Fktf

Tonight this thread has a) validated how I've felt about Hamza for some time (he's no where near our level, but will do a job for someone that needs a limited but energetic mid), b) prompted me to learn that critization (or criticization) is not a real word, and c) given me hope that I won't be criticising Hamza as a Leicester player next season.

Imagine if Jan panned out with us signing Chalobah, and he made the same pass tonight. The comments would be along the lines of, that's what you get with a championship level holding mid.

3 minutes ago, Fktf said:

Tonight this thread has a) validated how I've felt about Hamza for some time (he's no where near our level, but will do a job for someone that needs a limited but energetic mid), b) prompted me to learn that critization (or criticization) is not a real word, and c) given me hope that I won't be criticising Hamza as a Leicester player next season.

Imagine if Jan panned out with us signing Chalobah, and he made the same pass tonight. The comments would be along the lines of, that's what you get with a championship level holding mid.

I assume critique is the word you're after??

Guest Fktf
5 minutes ago, Sydney_Blue said:

If you mean in place of criticise - then no. I think hamza is woeful, and has only been valued because he's one of our own. Critique suggests a balanced evaluation, and I can't do that because I already think he's crap.

If you mean in place of critization, then that's not a word I'd ever read until a few minutes before I posted 

1 minute ago, Fktf said:

If you mean in place of criticise - then no. I think hamza is woeful, and has only been valued because he's one of our own. Critique suggests a balanced evaluation, and I can't do that because I already think he's crap.

If you mean in place of critization, then that's not a word I'd ever read until a few minutes before I posted 

I think the word is Critter with all that hair

• Haha 1

He's not comfortable with playing out from the back imo. He looks a lot better when he's in the N'didi role and looking to break up attacks but nowhere near as good. He'll do well somewhere else in the Premier league but not really a fit for us right now. 

Looked completely out of his depth. He can make a tackle but not much else. He is simply too slow to react to what's going on around him and he lacks vision. I would have pulled him before halftime for his own sake and the sake of the team. As others have said, how Mendy was pulled off ahead of him only Rodgers knows. He's one of our own and I really felt for the lad but his weaknesses were cruelly exposed today by a very average team. How we could use Dewsbury-Hall right now.

I think a lot of people are struggling to look past his mistake for the goal personally. He brought a lot of energy to the team and didn't have a too bad game all things considered. I think there were quite a few players today who played a lot worse than hamza did.

• Haha 1

He is very similar to Amartey. Comfortable enough if given time but if pressed, really struggles to control the ball or pick the right pass. Burnley pressed really well in the first 30mins and that caused Hamza and Amartey to struggle at times. 

Mendy on the other hand is much more competent when pressed and I would have liked to see him stay on instead.

What he does bring, is energy. Probably more so than anyone in our squad and perhaps that was behind Rodger's thinking for keeping him on. 

7 hours ago, SixtiesFox said:

Looked completely out of his depth. He can make a tackle but not much else. He is simply too slow to react to what's going on around him and he lacks vision. I would have pulled him before halftime for his own sake and the sake of the team. As others have said, how Mendy was pulled off ahead of him only Rodgers knows. He's one of our own and I really felt for the lad but his weaknesses were cruelly exposed today by a very average team. How we could use Dewsbury-Hall right now.

Because we've seen enough of Dewsbury-Hall to make a decision that he's better than Hamza? 

Apart from the obvious moment of madness I didn't think he was our worst player overall yesterday. He made some good runs and got into the box a few times. Amartey was our worst player yesterday. Just completely out of his depth every time he got the ball. I cannot beleive we are still starting a "15/16" bench player in today's team. There were times where Vardy literally had to point and shout to him as to where to run and position himself. Completely clueless. Also I would say Vardy was worse (something needs to be done and I'm not sure what as his form at the moment is awful). He seems a bit lost. 

I would agree that Hamza would not get into our starting 11. But with some more experience and coaching he'd be no worse than Mendy in my opinion. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Haha 1

I think there's more to his game than he is showing because I'm convinced Rodgers has him playing a very particular role where he doesn't quite trust him to do any more than putting pressure on the opposition and giving it to better passers when he wins it. 

To an extent I understand this but it won't help him to improve. I'd like to see using his energy to drive forward with the ball more.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fktf said:

8 hours ago, Sydney_Blue said:

8 hours ago, Fktf said:

Criticism.

You're welcome.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Mendy is miles ahead of him as a player. So much more comfortable on the ball and will drive it forward. 

The fact Hamza was not subbed before Mendy is baffling

Agreed but Mendy was looking very leggy. Think it was more to do with fresh legs and fatigue rather than tactical 

15 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Agreed but Mendy was looking very leggy. Think it was more to do with fresh legs and fatigue rather than tactical 

I agree that he looks more composed in possession. But I don't think he goes forward with it. He's frustratingly lateral in his passing. Overall I think he's a better footballer. But I think Hamza despite his limitations is more combative 

I’ve said it before but he does have a tendency to hide, he never seems to make himself available for a pass from the defenders. 

And when he does get it, invariably his first thought is to play it safe and just tap it straight back, maybe play it sideways to the full back.

I’m not going to say he’s a terrible player, because he isn’t, but he is very limited in terms of what he offers. 

I disagree that Mendy is miles ahead of him in this regard - he is much the same really if you watch him closely, although his first touch is admittedly better. 

I've defended him in the past but last night he had a very poor game, but he wasn't alone.  I think he could be a very good CDM and I think the club know that, hence they didn't want to sell him during the last tranfer window.  The problem for me he seems to lack the confidence that he had under Puel and perhaps Rodgers style/system is less suited to him, it as if he's playing to not make mistakes rather than play his natural game.   Sometimes you work for a boss who is demanding and by trying not to fuchs things up you do the opposite, we've probably all done it!   

• Like 1