Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Hamza

Top half PL player? Not a chance. Didn't want to take shots at one of our own but that loose pass, at this level, is absolutely criminal. And then doesn't have the touch at the other end of the pitch from a mere 5 yards out.

Sorry lad, I can't fault your work ethic, but you're shouldn't be getting a Starting XI spot again.

Brendan, put Hamza out of his misery and put Fofana on so Ndidi can be where he should be.

The real technical basics don't seem to be there at times with Hamza, Rogers prides himself on developing players, as a 8-10 year old, as you're receiving the ball you're taught to check you're shoulder and if there is space, receive on the back foot, turn and play forwards, that is the difference between being 1-0 down v Burnley and playing in Nacho for either a goal scoring opportunity, or a throw in, in the Burnley half.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Can only blame Hamza for so long to be honest. Brendan wanted him gone because he knows he isn't up to it. So why play him?

Rodgers partly to blame to. Too negative. He is better off picking an offensive player or a youngster for this game like Under or Tavares than careless Hamza who offers nothing at the minute defensively nor offensively. Not positioning well for any pass and too prone to make a mistake. Rodgers’ desire for 10 defensive players on the pitch is really affecting his judgement.

It he wasn’t a Leicester lad and come through the academy we’d have know qualms letting him go. He’s unfortunately just not good enough and frankly he’s unreliable and can’t be trusted on the ball. Wish he’d make it here I do but he needs to go x

Edited by casablancas

Think Rodgers is asking too much of him. He just doesn't have the quality to play Rodger's style. If he gets pressed, he has mistakes in him. 

I don't want to be too harsh because he has had his good moments for us, but he is a Championship level midfielder IMO. Great energy and often some fantastic timed tackling, but ball control and passing is nowhere near good enough for a Rodger's side. 

Amartey too unfortunately, for the same reasons above. 

Why on earth does Mendy get taken off ahead of him? He adds absolutely nothing and never has. A few who wanted him to do well because he's a local lad will finally have had enough now I'm sure. Championship player at his absolute ceiling sadly.

• Like 2

Just now, sdb said:

For me it's his reading of the game. He's like the anti Kante. Instead of being everywhere 2 seconds early, he's running about 2 seconds behind play. 

Agreed. Never seems ready for a pass either. 

No lack of effort or desire. Just doesn't have the natural ability on the ball and reading of the game. 

Interesting that Newcastle wanted him, which suggests we could still get an OK fee in the summer. 

• Like 1