Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Hamza

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Yes, he has done ok up to that point, but I still do not get the instructions given to him: pass the ball backwards even when we were going forward or avoid danger. Why pass all the way back to Kasper when Kasper can only kick it up himself? The thing is he does not even look up before passing backwards.

He didn't pass the ball backwards. He may well have done but he got dispossessed before he had the chance.

5 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Yes, he has done ok up to that point, but I still do not get the instructions given to him: pass the ball backwards even when we were going forward or avoid danger. Why pass all the way back to Kasper when Kasper can only kick it up himself? The thing is he does not even look up before passing backwards.

Because he was being pressed. If he passed it back to the centrebacks, there was a good chance they could be dispossessed and then it would be same over. So he kicked it back to Schmeichel to reset. The whole game, we were rightly very scared of their pace vs Morgan and Evans.

the penalty wasn't his fault it was down to Evans making the wrong choice, he had 2 options, Hamza with 2 or 3 players around him or Luke Thomas who was completely free and Evans made the wrong pass

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the penalty wasn't his fault it was down to Evans making the wrong choice, he had 2 options, Hamza with 2 or 3 players around him or Luke Thomas who was completely free and Evans made the wrong pass

I'm sorry that's just not right. Wes makes a poor pass to Evans which puts him under pressure, he makes a quick pass to Hamza who had he have not needed to take 2 touches could have made an easy pass back to Wes. If anything it's either Wes or Hamza's fault. The teams one touch football is terrible for such highly paid footballers, they really need to be working on this imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVgi-pKsvU&feature=onebox

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

What’s Hamza done so bad to make him not good enough all of a sudden. It wasn’t long ago people were thinking he could in the future get an England call. 

Exactly he's a local lad who has shown promise at times and has shown on his dat he can compete in the premier league despite his young age. Also it's worth noting that he has only ever played 37 times in the premier league, many of which would have been off the bench. He needs to get some experience but I genuinely believe he can go to the very top. Some of our fans are a strange bunch they seem to wish failure on our players without giving them a chance. 

• Like 2

Come on hes no better than Andy King. He is average Premier League/Championship at best.

If we want to be a top 6 side we need better players. If we want to be Burnley let's play Hamza. 

I would love him to be a success but he runs around like a headless chicken, has a out of control tackle in him, is poor on the ball, offers little attacking threat. What is his purpose?

We need midfielders that can shoot and pass.

Keeping him is local lad sentimentality.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I'm sorry that's just not right. Wes makes a poor pass to Evans which puts him under pressure, he makes a quick pass to Hamza who had he have not needed to take 2 touches could have made an easy pass back to Wes. If anything it's either Wes or Hamza's fault. The teams one touch football is terrible for such highly paid footballers, they really need to be working on this imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVgi-pKsvU&feature=onebox

...Hamza's fault I am afraid,!!!

Wes pass did not put Evans under pressure, Evans after making the pass to Hamza moved to create space for the return option, Hamza facing his own goal had two easy option but selected another option to turn in order to beat the press. He obviously felt he had enough space to do so.

15 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Come on hes no better than Andy King. He is average Premier League/Championship at best.

If we want to be a top 6 side we need better players. If we want to be Burnley let's play Hamza. 

I would love him to be a success but he runs around like a headless chicken, has a out of control tackle in him, is poor on the ball, offers little attacking threat. What is his purpose?

We need midfielders that can shoot and pass.

Keeping him is local lad sentimentality.

Out of control in the tackle ? Really ? How ?

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Wes pass did not put Evans under pressure, Evans after making the pass to Hamza moved to create space for the return option, Hamza facing his own goal had two easy option but selected another option to turn in order to beat the press. He obviously felt he had enough space to do so.

Why can’t our experienced CB’s not talk to him. That’s my issue with our experienced/leaders - no one bloody talks. It’s so obvious with the no fans in the stadium that we are a quiet team and that is not good. I want our more experienced players to be talking to these young guys, especially our CB’s.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

yeah that was like i said, i was arguing that it wasn't Evans fault. In fact i'd say if Wes had turned his body and let the ball come across him he had an easy pass out wide to Justin. Playing with it in the centre is just suicide, out wide if you lose it you at least have a chance 

On 26/07/2020 at 20:12, The_Rorab said:

If the amount of players I've seen called not good enough and called to be moved on were to do so we'd have about 7 players next season.

Bullshit...fledermausscheizer..Elephant Dung...7!!! Fking 7, we'd be lucky to have 2 and a dog....

Ps..Chouds is good enough,and could Grow with the team....

Edited by fuchsntf

37 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Exactly he's a local lad who has shown promise at times and has shown on his dat he can compete in the premier league despite his young age. Also it's worth noting that he has only ever played 37 times in the premier league, many of which would have been off the bench. He needs to get some experience but I genuinely believe he can go to the very top. Some of our fans are a strange bunch they seem to wish failure on our players without giving them a chance. 

Agreed - from what l see his tackling is good and his distribution sound. He does not normally get caught in possession but every player looses the ball sometimes. It's what happens tens of times in a game of football. l reckon he's a good player who will be better still next season. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Out of control in the tackle ? Really ? How ?

Hes done a few opposition managers haven't liked debatable of course. Then he did the one for England Under 21s gor which he was sent off and apologised for.

It depends where we are heading as to whether he is good enough. For me he is no better than King, in fact King is a better player. 

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Hes done a few opposition managers haven't liked debatable of course. Then he did the one for England Under 21s gor which he was sent off and apologised for.

It depends where we are heading as to whether he is good enough. For me he is no better than King, in fact King is a better player. 

The one for England u21s was unacceptable and he apologised. The other two he's been criticised for was the one against Newcastle which wasn't bad, Ritchie was unlucky to get injured. The one on Salah was cynical and a foul but there was no malice and he did well to break up the attack. Klopp doing the typical Liverpool victim card thing turned into a media witch hunt and you are eating right out of their hands by blindly believing it. 

For the comment about king, Hamza hasn't even had a proper run in the team to build any kind of experience, he's young with raw talent but it's the experience missing. Also the comparison to king is not helpful at all as they are completely different player and not directly comparable to each other. Maybe try not to right players off before they even get a chance. 

Following the mistake I did curse and blame him however I dont blame him now.

It was the fault of the whole squad that we were even in a position so reliant upon an end of season win against Man Utd.

I thought Hamza was having a good game up until the mistake which, in a lot of leagues, he would have gotton away with.

Ultimately I think it boils down to him not being premier league quality. 

Loan him out to a top end championship team and I think we have a good player in a couple of years.

14 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Completely different players but Hamza, for his role is good for his age. Adds something to our squad and can get better. 

• Like 1