Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Hamza

Guest bss9401

When Hamza came through I thought we had a future midfield general in the making. A bit of focus and a bit lighter in the challenge were the only issues I could see for him to become a very decent CDM. 

Sadly this hasn't happened. Now Hamza seems to be two seconds or more behind everyone in thought and action, something which has been noticed and is being exploited. 

My belief is that only Hamza can change this as it's an attitude and vision issue.

If I were able to attend games I'd want to scream at Hamza to wake the f**k up!

The idea that players iron out glaring issues by playing games is misguided. Choudhury just isn’t disciplined with his positioning at all and that’s a fundamental that he should have learned 10 years ago, not now.

His career will be in the championship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Guys like Kante, Ndidi, Gaye, Busquets, Matic, Makelele, etc all do their best defensive work long before the tackle. 

What these players, several of which with quite different styles, all have in common is their reading of the game and their ability in positioning themselves. 

Hamza doesn't have that. He just charges round the field chasing the ball. 

The reason he looked good or played well in <insert favourite Hamza performance here> was invariably because they were games in which we parked the bus, were compressed, structured and the whole team was holding shape deep. This limited the space the opposition had to play in and gave Hamza the freedom to chase down the ball and tackle.

On Sunday the game was open, reasonably flowing, in the second half in particular neither team was really dominating. Hamza has to actually think about where he's going to be and to position himself well to shield the back four. Lo and behold, he's caught ball watching, loses Barkley by such a distance it's genuinely actually embarrassing for the guy and the player with probably the best accuracy from range on the pitch is allowed to stroll up and score. 

Hamza isn't a kid. He's not 17. He's not going to come on "leaps and bounds", it's Demarai Gray all over again. Yeah, experience and no doubt a run of games for confidence will improve him eventually and no doubt he'll be a bit of a better player. But he's not magically going to transform from what he is now in to some kind of world class. 

We should cash in on him whenever we get the chance, as we should with Gray. 

Common misconception on here, choudhury's game isnt tackles it's interceptions, the narrative on here that he's a headless chicken running round chasing the ball is a bit tiring. Chelsea 2-2 last year he had the best read of the game on the pitch and was constantly cutting out passes/picking up loose balls, that was one of his best performances and the game was quite open. Yes not picking up ross barkley for that goal was a huge mistake on his behalf but saying that choudhury is a brainless player who runs round chasing tackles is blatantly untrue when his biggest strength is breaking up the opponent's play by intelligently cutting out passes.

• Like 3

On 19/10/2020 at 00:38, TK95 said:

I don't know if it's a change in training but he seems to have lost the tenacity which set him apart. The crunching tackles, high energy, winning the ball at all costs...has all gone.

I wonder if the public criticism from Klopp, Bruce etc has got in his head when making challenges. Doesn't close people down.

...I have said it many times, the all action style is not him, that was never his game!!!

He is better in the middle of the park just keeping things ticking over, being used as a wall to retain possession and he can also thread a good ball in. If it takes him to move from here to progress his career then so be it.

The extent to which a load of posters turn on our academy products is really harsh. Come on this forum and you’d believe Chillwell is useless and Barnes is a Championship player. Choudhury has been given no minutes at all - and we expect him to come on and play like Roy Viera. 

Reality is he’s had more good games for us than bad and he’s put in really good performances against the likes of City, Chelsea and Arsenal!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

The extent to which a load of posters turn on our academy products is really harsh. Come on this forum and you’d believe Chillwell is useless and Barnes is a Championship player. Choudhury has been given no minutes at all - and we expect him to come on and play like Roy Viera. 

Reality is he’s had more good games for us than bad and he’s put in really good performances against the likes of City, Chelsea and Arsenal!!

I agree with this unless any player turns immediately into a world beater we give them dogs abuse. Players improve with coaching just give some of our players a bit of time. Justin will be a top player so will Barnes. A case in point is Grealish who is in the form of his life yet 2 years ago a lot on here thought him smoke and mirrors. Some on here need to chill a bit 

I'll back him. 

23, made just below 50 league appearances with very few of them being full matches, relatively I'd argue he is fairly inexperienced. 

He is playing a bit dross at the moment, but hopefully he matures into his position. Few defensive midfielders are world-class, or even Premier League quality, before their twilight twenties. He would definitely benefit from more game time. For his style of play, he needs to learn to read the game better as he is not the most talented player on the ball, but he can disrupt forward movement if he cuts the passing lines. I think he needs to get that bastardness back to his game.

Could see him benefitting from going on loan to the likes of Burnley, WBA or Derby.