Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Hamza

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Keeping him is local lad sentimentality.

Yeah I'm weirdly fine with this. He's got talent, needs more time in the team, needs to keep pushing his development and deserves the chance to show he can progress. If being a local lad gives him those chances, good. If he shows the loyalty we show him, good. 

2 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Come on hes no better than Andy King. He is average Premier League/Championship at best.

If we want to be a top 6 side we need better players. If we want to be Burnley let's play Hamza. 

I would love him to be a success but he runs around like a headless chicken, has a out of control tackle in him, is poor on the ball, offers little attacking threat. What is his purpose?

We need midfielders that can shoot and pass.

Keeping him is local lad sentimentality.

You do realise that we have neither the transfer funds or the wage budget to have a full 25 man squad made up of top class players. Whilst we do need to improve our squad, we cant just go and sign 10-12 new players. There are many players we need to shift before Hamza. We need 3-4 top class signings and the likes of Hamza will still be in and around the squad for backup. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hamza's 'tackle' against Salah was exactly what we needed at the time btw. They were countering, Salah was going to venture into our box and either square it or have a shot, it was a great tactical foul which was unfortunate to injure Salah. If we'd done that a few more times this season we'd likely have an extra point or two on the board, which now as we know would have been vital.

Nothing wrong with taking one for the team in those situations. Wouldn't have been anywhere near the uproar had it been a Liverpool player on one of ours. 

As it is they brushed Mane's dive to win the game under the carpet

Edited by TK95
  • Like 2

I feel like im banging my head against a brick wall.

we need 4 players trained by the club for 3 years before their 21st birthday for any European 25 man squad.

with chilwell looking like he’s leaving we are left with 3 (Thomas, choudhury, barnes) who have featured this season.

hamza can’t go anywhere, we really need him.

4 minutes ago, dooflip said:

we need 4 players trained by the club for 3 years before their 21st birthday for any European 25 man squad.

with chilwell looking like he’s leaving we are left with 3 (Thomas, choudhury, barnes) who have featured this season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Thomas wouldn't need registering due to his age, which emphasises your point even more I guess.

9 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but Thomas wouldn't need registering due to his age, which emphasises your point even more I guess.

Correct, I think, but we would still need to register him

because we don’t have enough homegrown players.

Just now, peach0000 said:

Unless we plan a summer swoop for Schlupp or Moore we might as well register him I suppose lol

Moore actually crossed my mind mate. A cheap squad filler for the European squad, not good enough but better than bennett😂

• Like 1

Just now, dooflip said:

Moore actually crossed my mind mate. A cheap squad filler for the European squad, not good enough but better than bennett😂

I reckon our fans would go crazy if it happens but signing one of those two would actually make a lot of sense as back up players now we are in European competition. Or even giving king a new one year deal (if he would take it) would make a lot of sense. We need one or two more home grown players or we will have o only name 24 or 23 players which is not ideal when we will have so many games.

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I reckon our fans would go crazy if it happens but signing one of those two would actually make a lot of sense as back up players now we are in European competition. Or even giving king a new one year deal (if he would take it) would make a lot of sense. We need one or two more home grown players or we will have o only name 24 or 23 players which is not ideal when we will have so many games.

Yep full on meltdown. But I guess the question is who is a better cb, liam moore or Darnell Johnson?😂 I suspect it will be Darnell in the squad tbh.

barnes, choudhury, thomas, Johnson.

15 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Yep full on meltdown. But I guess the question is who is a better cb, liam moore or Darnell Johnson?😂 I suspect it will be Darnell in the squad tbh.

barnes, choudhury, thomas, Johnson.

I also think it shows how crucial it will be to keep hold of Chilwell. Max Gradel could be a decent shout. Still doing the business in France and would count as home grown. 

10 hours ago, dooflip said:

Does sam hughes count? He hasn’t been here long enough has he? 

I like Hamza, he is never going to be the creator of chances and not win the ball back as well as Ndidi, however he is decent enough player who for sure puts in the effort. Too early for me to judge whether he is or will be good enough for us in time, but 100% willing to see him over the next year & watch how he progresses.

Don't blame him at all for Sunday, but i am sure he will be blaming himself :(  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

I also think it shows how crucial it will be to keep hold of Chilwell. Max Gradel could be a decent shout. Still doing the business in France and would count as home grown. 

Would be an upgrade on gray, though only marginally😂

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Maybe he wants a new contract too

He'll never be a regular here so unless he's happy to be backup I'd suggest he's best to get a move. Saying that, we don't have any real squad depth (especially in terms of quality) so we should keep him for this season.

Big season ahead, feel like under Rodgers he's not improved or made any impact. I really thought he'd revel under him but Ndidi has been unbelievable since and it's difficult for him. I wonder what the club would do if a recently relegated PL club offered £5-10m for him, I think we'd sell.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Big season ahead, feel like under Rodgers he's not improved or made any impact. I really thought he'd revel under him but Ndidi has been unbelievable since and it's difficult for him. I wonder what the club would do if a recently relegated PL club offered £5-10m for him, I think we'd sell.

I do feel sorry for Hamza sometimes. I think maybe he was born too late. He would have thrived back when refs would let you take someone's legs out from under them before they gave you a telling off.

He's still young. He could easily have a great career.