Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Hamza

I don't know if it's a change in training but he seems to have lost the tenacity which set him apart. The crunching tackles, high energy, winning the ball at all costs...has all gone.

I wonder if the public criticism from Klopp, Bruce etc has got in his head when making challenges. Doesn't close people down.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I don't know if it's a change in training but he seems to have lost the tenacity which set him apart. The crunching tackles, high energy, winning the ball at all costs...has all gone.

I wonder if the public criticism from Klopp, Bruce etc has got in his head when making challenges. Doesn't close people down.

And the sending off for England. He definitely looks a different player after all the criticism. 

• Like 1

His passing has always been suspect, but he always looked decent sitting back, purely defending and allowing others to pass the ball around. 

It feels like his last few appearances for us have all resulted in conceding due to a mistake from him. 

Only a young lad so has time on his side, but I think he needs regular game time and certain areas of his game need to be worked on. 

5 hours ago, TK95 said:

Have to agree he hasn’t looked the same player since especially the Klopp outburst.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

His passing has always been suspect, but he always looked decent sitting back, purely defending and allowing others to pass the ball around. 

It feels like his last few appearances for us have all resulted in conceding due to a mistake from him. 

Only a young lad so has time on his side, but I think he needs regular game time and certain areas of his game need to be worked on. 

Nah. Not happening. 
See all other young hopes for Leicester. 

One of the big problems with Choudhury from an early age is that he's always looking to get noticed by making a spectacular interventions and big tackles....which some of the time are actually the result of him being out of position in the first place and using his athleticism to make recovery tackles!

Doesn't actually get highlighted very often as his pace usually gets him out of trouble and people just notice the spectacular tackle....but it certainly cost us yesterday.

Moment i saw their goal i was wondering why Barkley had so much space to run into and why Hamza was sprinting back from so far behind him?

Watched it back in slow-mo and Hamza was way too far up the pitch. He seemed to be gambling on the ball being played inside to Luiz....so he was preparing to make one of his spectacular tackles high up the pitch that would put us on the front foot.

Problem was.....it wasn't played to Luiz and 3 passes later it was into Barkely who was 30 yards ahead of Hamza and had 20 yards of space ahead of them....the space where Hamza should have been protecting his CBs....and the rest is history!

This is exactly what Danny Murphy highlighted on MoTD last night and im sure BR and his team will have seen the same.

If you trying to chase the game, bring on attacking options but if you're bringing on a CDM to secure the point, at least make sure he has the discipline to stay there...! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since he got sent off for us then England he’s never been the same his tackling was good before that. Looks like he thinks about it too much, even if he takes him out for the goal it’s only a yellow though. Bad from him really.

Edited by dannythefox

I still think there's a player in there but the sad fact is, everytime he comes on, I'm just waiting for that **** up that costs us. I love him, I want to see him become a really good player for us but he's a liability right now. 

• Like 1

I think it's harsh to exclusively blame Hamza for the Villa goal.  If our back line had squeezed up closer to the forward play then there wouldn't have been such a gap for Villa to exploit and their attack could have been snuffed out earlier by our back line pushing up and winning the ball that broke. Hamza may have been sent on to inject more energy in the midfield and to contribute to the attack, in which case he was perfectly justified in being up there. If we had gone all out for a win in the last 10 minutes then we would naturally been squeezing up and denying them space to get possession and break out.

I've got a soft spot for the lad BUT he's at that age where he does need to be ki kicking on. He needs to be sat down and reminded of what the CDM role is. It's not always about amazing tackles but helping defence. He should be shielding, cutting off options for opposing players or marking their threat.

• Like 1