Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Hamza

honestly just needs his time to get his head together, think he is probably a player missing the support of fans more than most

needs some love from people not his own fans slating him on forums ffs

we have all seen him play well in big games for us, let's stop turning on players after a rough patch for christ's sake

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

He looks better in a central midfield position. He’s nowhere near disciplined enough for that screening role in defensive midfield. He’s got good pace as well which could be useful in transitions. 

Agreed. I think he'll be better suited box to box. The only issue is he doesn't seem to have much ability threading the ball forward. But like you said, as long as he isn't responsible for screening the defense then he can play some sort of role. 

• Like 1

I just don’t know what he’s meant to be good at tbh. Feel for the lad but I’m just saying as I see it.

He looked like he could be a holding type player when we played the big sides a couple of years ago I think under Puel but Rodgers wants more than that from a player and I think it’s exposing Hamza’s technical side of his game.

Rodgers must see something in him tho, why else would he keep playing him.

3 hours ago, Sly said:

I disagree to an extent, you learn some of it as you grow up playing youth football, U21, even in daily training you’d improve etc. Game time is game time. I think a loan allows you to hone these skills against better players.

My worry with Hamza is that he’s so far behind in this department, when you compare him to even the likes of what we’ve seen of KDH. 

We’ve got to remember, he didn’t set the world alight whilst he was on loan at Burton Albion.

A lot of ex pro's say that you need competitive game time at a higher level to iron out the flaws and I still think he has the ability, but for me he needs the right manager and I'm not sure Rodgers trusts him too much.  I can see him going down the Gray route, but I hope not because Hamza has the talent and potential to become a very good player.  He could be one of those ones we let go and regret!

Unpopular opinion here, but why is everyone focussing on Hamza’s performance? He did ok - made some v good tackles and looked mobile and tenacious enough to help us out a bit as we were beginning to tire. He’s definitely got a role to play this year and I think he will prove a few people on here wrong. Much like Ndidi has done.

I was really concerned with Perez’s performance, he’s had plenty of game time but he is really struggling to impact games. We know he lacks pace and strength (that won’t change), but I am most concerned with his inability to retain position and/or link play. He’s been a huge disappointment this season, but Rodgers does seem to trust him, I just don’t see it.

My takeaway from that game is more my concern that a first choice player is offering next to nothing (despite a hefty price tag and plenty of playing time) rather than slating an academy product who understandably looks a little rusty due to a lack of minutes.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Unpopular opinion here, but why is everyone focussing on Hamza’s performance? He did ok - made some v good tackles and looked mobile and tenacious enough to help us out a bit as we were beginning to tire. He’s definitely got a role to play this year and I think he will prove a few people on here wrong. Much like Ndidi has done.

I was really concerned with Perez’s performance, he’s had plenty of game time but he is really struggling to impact games. We know he lacks pace and strength (that won’t change), but I am most concerned with his inability to retain position and/or link play. He’s been a huge disappointment this season, but Rodgers does seem to trust him, I just don’t see it.

My takeaway from that game is more my concern that a first choice player is offering next to nothing (despite a hefty price tag and plenty of playing time) rather than slating an academy product who understandably looks a little rusty due to a lack of minutes.

I just don't think perez can raise his game - he is too "light weight" - I doubt he can aspire to be a top six player.

Hamza and mendy both did well - after th stop go career of mendy at Leicester  it is goo to see him finding some consistency in his performances,.

Barnes remains the furture.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I just don’t know what he’s meant to be good at tbh. Feel for the lad but I’m just saying as I see it.

He looked like he could be a holding type player when we played the big sides a couple of years ago I think under Puel but Rodgers wants more than that from a player and I think it’s exposing Hamza’s technical side of his game.

Rodgers must see something in him tho, why else would he keep playing him.

Injuries? 

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight was a good first step towards choudhury getting back on track, think last year was a bit of a dud for him with him injuring that french player and dummet and also a large number of the fanbase turning on him after a few poor performances. Hopefully we see a lot more of what we saw tonight as his confidence grows, definitely a load of talent there.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2020 at 13:05, Lambert09 said:

I’m one of the few that still thinks he has a big future. Why is it certain players are given the benefit of lack of minutes but Hamza is expected to be at his best after barely any football. 

I’m not one for quoting myself, but I just want to highlight what I said. So many jumped on his back when he was clearly still in preseason mode.

Can we try to give players a bit of a break sometimes. Everyone has bad games and I just hope we don’t all turn again the next time he has one 

• Like 2

He only had to be adequate tonight and he was bloody brilliant.

Put a shift in, popped up everywhere, a few cracking defensive involvements and popped some nice passes.  No booking, either.

I think we can trust him if we need to in the Prem.

It's great man management by the management team and all credit to Hamza himself.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m not one for quoting myself, but I just want to highlight what I said. So many jumped on his back when he was clearly still in preseason mode.

Can we try to give players a bit of a break sometimes. Everyone has bad games and I just hope we don’t all turn again the next time he has one 

Ditto..:appl:

This is what separates a club with top 5 placings ( us) and a bottom half team... someone who would be a regular starter for a  bottom half team is our 3rd choice CDM and comes in and puts in a performance like that. 

fantastic stuff.

• Like 2

What a performance. He won everything and put in his usual hardworking shift but, crucially, he looked good on the ball which I think has been his downfall in recent months. If he can keep producing those types of performances, our squad is suddenly looking quite formidable.

That sliding cushioned pass back to Schmeichel from about six yards out in the first half. Another player could have easily just toe-poked that straight into the gaping net.

• Like 1