Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bonanza

The OH Leuven Thread 2020/21

Almost halfway through, and OHL are tied for fourth highest points.  Your #10 leads the league in assists, and your #9 is fourth in the goals table.

Guess I can safely post this?

p.s. up to #339 in the Global Club Rankings, almost level with the Columbus Crew who are about to win the MLS.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bonanza said:

1st goal definitely was questionable to say the least. 2nd goal was close but looked onside to me.

Sloppy game on our part. Our opponents never had the intention to play football and made some dirty fouls, but we could've done better. Our passing and decision making were atrocious at times today.

Another 3 points in the bag, which puts us in 4th position alongside Antwerp and Standard.

Imho, first definitely offside, second definitely onside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shen said:

Impressive first half of the season for OHL! Didn't think they'd take to the first division like a duck to water.

@Bonanza@Lizhang do you guys feel the team is overachieving or is 4th/5th a fair reflection of the performances so far?

In my opinion we deserve to be in 4th/5th at the moment.  In the games we won we were always the better team so we never "stole" the 3 points. We drew against Genk, but we could've won if the ref didn't deny us a clear penalty in the dying seconds of stoppage time. On the other hand we were lucky to come away with a draw in our 1st game against Eupen. Let's just say that 25 points out of 15 games is a fair result.

Things just seem to click at the moment. The manager and his assistents have turned this team into a well-oiled machine. Xavier Mercier, who was mediocre at best last season, has been superb this season. Same goes for Kamal Sowah. Both players seem like they're more suitable for the Belgian 1st divison than the 2nd division. We have a great striker in Thomas Henry. Guys like Maertens, Romo and Malinov are doing good as well. The list just goes on...

I'm curious to see what the club will do in the January transfer window. We still need to strengthen our defense and rumour has it the club want to sign 2 or 3 new players, including a right-footed central defender and a striker who can compete with Thomas Henry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shen said:

Impressive first half of the season for OHL! Didn't think they'd take to the first division like a duck to water.

@Bonanza@Lizhang do you guys feel the team is overachieving or is 4th/5th a fair reflection of the performances so far?

..this team has moved up another league, literally and figuratively!!!

This so far has been an amazing season, more than we could have hoped but what the clubs owners have done, has not put a limit on our possible achievements, there are no limits.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Be interesting to see what would happen if we both got into the Europe, as you can't have 2 teams with the same owners compete

Judging by how easily ffp was bypassed, surely there's loads of loop holes round this?

I'm no expert on these type of things but coulnt the owners transfer ohl to another company etc. 

Edit: I googled it and there is both red bull sides are allowed to play in the same competition https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/06/20/sports/soccer/uefa-soccer-red-bull-champions-league.amp.html

Edited by The whole world smiles

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Judging by how easily ffp was bypassed, surely there's loads of loop holes round this?

I'm no expert on these type of things but coulnt the owners transfer ohl to another company etc. 

Edit: I googled it and there is both red bull sides are allowed to play in the same competition https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2017/06/20/sports/soccer/uefa-soccer-red-bull-champions-league.amp.html

Yeah the main issue is this:

"no “individual or entity” can have a “decisive influence” over the activities of more than one club in its tournaments"

Both Red Bull sides made big changes to be able to enter both sides

It concluded that a series of “significant and substantial” changes made by the clubs ensured that they fulfilled UEFA’s eligibility criteria.

I believe Top is currently the Chairman of both sides, so if it came to it he would possibly have to pass Leuven onto someone else, maybe his brother? But there would definitely need to be some shuffling around of Chairman/Ownership

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Fair enough, I only look at the results so from time to time so wasn’t aware, surprised at that as I thought he done quite well at the start of the season from what I heard and would’ve walked back into the side. Odd one. 

Well, OHL needed two new good goalkeepers they only had a guy from the youth ranks, one of their two main keepers of last season left, the other one wasn't good enough and had to leave. So Iversen came, but then Romo was a free agent and he had worked with our current manager before. I think Iversen is the better "player", and Romo is the better "stopper". If you know what i mean.

5 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We're our own feeder club's feeder club. Sounds about right.

Yes, there was some confusion at first. OHL isn't Leicester's feeder club, but feedING club. As in "Leicester's to nurture and feed".

Edited by Lizhang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn’t want to mess with Brys’ autonomy to run OHL.  If Romo is his trusted #1, so be it.  Both manager and keeper appear to be doing a good job and deserve support.

But at 23, Iversen needs games.  LCFC need to know if he can develop into our eventual #1 -- and owe him the chance to progress.  Assuming an appropriate loan (and replacement backup) can be found, I don't see keeping him in Leuven for insurance as justifiable.

• Like 1