Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Kasper Schmeichel

On 04/08/2020 at 22:45, Ian Nacho said:

This is the problem with not just our club, but fans of all club in the modern era. Kasper is no doubt a club legend and will have been at the club for 10 years in the new year, being an absolute brilliant servant to the club. Yet some fans would get rid of him in a heartbeat. Although no player is immune from criticism, it does seem slightly unfair when players at a similar stature at the club, such as Vardy, misses a penalty against Spurs and the manager gets sacked the following week, gets zero stick, but Schmeichel does. People are quick to jump towards the error he made against Bournemouth and the error against Man United (when the game was already gone) but forget about the games he keeps us in only a few games before against; Watford, Brighton and Arsenal to name a few. 

:appl:

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

He’s always said that he doesn’t like being compared to his dad so I don’t see why he’d want to join Man U. Media would be all over him and he’s never going to be as good as his old man, can only see negatives down that route.

Because he supported them as a boy?

Kasper would go to ManUtd or Chelsea in a heartbeat - as would anyone in his position - he'd be in a very good position to fight for their number 1 spot playing Champions League football when both their number 1s have been poor for a couple of season now.

Don't know why anyone's kidding themselves. He'd be mad not to go. The only question is whether ManUtd or Chelsea would meet our valuation.

Henderson is unrealistic though as a replacement.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 08/08/2020 at 21:54, hackneyfox said:

He’s always said that he doesn’t like being compared to his dad so I don’t see why he’d want to join Man U. Media would be all over him and he’s never going to be as good as his old man, can only see negatives down that route.

...I have said that at the start of the topic!!!

8 pages which has failed to see what is the most obvious reason that he would not under any circumstances go to play for United.

Perhaps one question that you should never ask Kasper and that would be anything which makes a comparison to his father.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I used to listen to The Transfer Window podcast but the sheer amount of Man Utd content forced me to stop listening.

..any forum that you would choose to subscribe to in relation to football, sets Manchester United as the main topic.Probably the reason why they are hated and liked in equal measures.

United’s rumoured interest may actually be helpful towards us keeping him for the time being at least.

Chelsea is the club with an open number 1 spot, yet I imagine Kasper’s preference if he had the choice would be to go to United - there’s no comparison between the two clubs, United win on all metrics regardless of their state of evolution.

And I’m not sure Chelsea are all that interested in him anyway (his name came up after a raft of other Keepers were touted, so he’s hardly target number 1), although they clearly have decent dialogue with the club given our recent transfer histories. 

But going back to United, their goalkeeping position is obviously complex at the moment - you have De Gea on big money with several years left on his contract and is someone who has made himself an icon at the club.

Now ok, his (De Gea) performances of late have made many question his quality, with the performances of Romero as number 2 and Henderson whilst on loan at Sheffield United heightening that scrutiny. 

But - for a club as commercially aware as United, I’d be surprised if they would be considering dumping such a marketable asset as they have in De Gea so quickly. 

This aspect means in my mind, De Gea should survive to start the season as number 1 and that it would take a continued and marked drop off in his performance to even threaten his position as top dog there. 

So where does that leave Kasper? 

Well I don’t really see a move to happening for him this summer - think someone mentioned he might be in his tenth year with us?

If so, that in itself will provide a strong reason for him to stay for the time being - players are aware of milestones like these and the affinity he has developed with the club and especially the current ownership over that time will probably encourage him to complete the coming season at the very least. 

BUT - coming back to commercial aspects again, Kasper moving to United would certainly prove a very marketable transfer down the line. In fact it almost feels too much of an irresistible transfer for both parties not to pursue this at some point. 

Therefore perhaps, give a season or two, Kasper might consider going there as a number two challenging for a number one spot, alongside a final pay day and the hope of claiming some extra silverware. 

This is what I expect is behind the rumours at the moment - a kind of mutual foreshadowing of what could happen down the line, but is not for now.

But having said all this - queue his immediate departure to Chelsea to be confirmed at 10am today just to make this post look silly!

Edited by DJ Barry Hammond