Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Kasper Schmeichel

22 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don't even think kasper is too bad with his feet. He's made a few mistakes recently but generally I think he is better than most. I've never got the criticisms regarding that part of his game.

I think he's excellent with his feet, people seem to expect him to be like Pirlo and be able to hit a sixpence from 60 yards 100% of the time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this would be the only club that would be interested in taking Schmeichal that he'd be tempted to walk away from his influential status at the club he's been at for 9 years. 

I don't see him leaving, I can see him being our number one keeper for another 5+ years as often happens with keepers that spend the majority of their career as number 1 at a particular club. 

I'd not want him to go, as a shot stopper he is up there with the very best. His distribution is a weakness on occasion and I'd hope that Rodgers can tighten this up or try and create the right decision making on when and when not to try ridiculous passes out from the back.

He won't leave as the economics don't work.

Leicester will want too much money and Man Utd will have De Gea earning £17m a year as his rival. Kasper would only leave if OGS gave him assurances he moves there to be No1.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Please just don't give him another contract. The last thing we need is another big contract for 5 years when we don't even know if he'll be a starter then.

Agreed. Love and respect the man for what he has done for us over the years but we need to stop giving out massive extensions to players when there isn't a need. Give him an extra year at the end of 22 if it seems sensible, but not now on more money for 4 years.

• Like 1

Better keepers than Schmeichel (Cech, Casillas) have nose dived in ability when they reached 32/33. I hope the same doesn't happen for Kasper but I wouldn't  be against selling him. 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Kasper has zero leverage in asking for a new contract.

He has three years left on his current deal and when that ends he will be four months away from his 37th birthday. 

Wouldn’t worry about age as a goalkeeper. 

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

You’d think we’d be looking to buy a GK within the next few seasons to push his spot. 

I don’t rate KS as high some others do on here, however it’s hardly a position we need to address this season. 

If KS was to leave, Manchester United is a club I could see him joining, purely on the basis that they are the club he supported. This would largely hinge on them selling DDG and at £335k per week, who will be buying him and paying him that? 

43 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well they last longer but they're still vulnerable to ageing. 

My point is that he's contracted up here until 4 months before his 37th birthday, he has no leverage to ask for a better contract.

33 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Mistakes against Bournemouth and Man U were primary school playground mistakes! Nothing you’d expect from a keeper at the top level! Looks incredibly uncomfortable playing from the back also 

He'd been phenomenal against Watford, Brighton and Arsenal early on in to the restart but those last few he made some awful errors, they almost seemed deliberate they were that atrocious.

• Like 1

Kasper is more than just a keeper for us, he’s a leader and strong presence on and off the field, yes there are better keepers out there but not many who contribute more as a whole than Kasper.

This is such a random one that it almost could be true!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd been phenomenal against Watford, Brighton and Arsenal early on in to the restart but those last few he made some awful errors, they almost seemed deliberate they were that atrocious.

The Bournemouth mistake led directly to the implosion that basically cost us the Champions League position, gifting manu, I rest my case

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’re steaming toward page 4 here, while I found only one mention of Kasper in the Red Cafe transfer forum -- in a “Crazy never going to happen Transfer Rumors” thread.

We’re taking this too seriously methinks.  Or just grabbing the chance to rehash “Kasper: good or bad with his feet” for the umpteenth time.

• Like 1

i think this is just BS. Kasper is going no where IMO. He's become a legend at our club and a leader. I'm willing to forgive him him for some of the howlers this season but for the most part he's been the better player when the entire team was off. Imagine what some of of those poor losses could have been had he not made his amazing saves? Yes there's parts of his game he will know he has to improve. I agree his long range distribution is not always the best but I have seen some good ones. Maybe its a confidence thing? Even experienced pros go through periods of uncertainty and doubt. Kasper looks more likely to retire after the foxes than go to manu. That ship has sailed for him to go up north. Might just be mind games from Olly to unsettle him. We should focus more on who OUR number 2 is right now and is he good enough going forwards to replace Kasper.

I must admit that Schmeichel can be a very good shot stopper.

That said, the average width of a Premier league pitch is 68 metres yet he still manages to put it in the stands from a dead ball position with zero pressure. Even children can keep a goal kick in play.

Schmeichel's dire distribution is the reason he will never progress from ourselves. 

Edited by adejo92