Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Kasper Schmeichel

He’s a great shot stopper, leader etc But he doesn’t command his area, he thinks he’s better with his feet than he is and puts us under pressure, his decision making is suspect and he makes too many mistakes doing the wrong thing. Brutal but for the right offer I’d let him go.

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I must admit that Schmeichel can be a very good shot stopper.

That said, the average width of a Premier league pitch is 68 metres yet he still manages to put it in the stands from a dead ball position with zero pressure. Even children can keep a goal kick in play.

Schmeichel's dire distribution is the reason he will never progress from ourselves. 

That's nice of you

• Haha 1

If it happens it’s just one of those moves that I couldn’t be angry at, I think he’s great and hope he stays but if he gets the opportunity to be number 1 for a season or two at Man Utd then he’s absolutely gunna take it. I’m sure it’d mean more to him on a personal and career level than most transfers in the Premier League. 

I also don’t think it’ll actually happen 

4 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I really don't think his distribution is as bad as some make out. He's better than most in the Prem but not up with the very best in the league, if he was then he probably wouldn't be playing for us.

I nearly smashed my TV up after both of those recent **** ups but it would be totally wrong to allow that to define his season when he's been mostly excellent.

We'd have a job replacing him, that's for sure.

Mistakes happen. He's saved our bacon loads of times this season. Punching the TV is more of a reflection of the clubs overall crap play the second half of the season. Goalkeeps always get the blame when the players in front of them screw up. Replacing him is a scary thought.

23 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Is it really so unthinkable. Clearly he has lost faith in de gea and doesn't think Henderson is quite ready. Kasper is a top keeper who is 33 so probably only has 2 or 3 years left at the top of his game. Not to mention the fact he is a Man Utd fan. The theory could be to bring Kasper in for a couple of years and then when he starts to fade introduce Henderson. Whether they could pull off such a deal is another question.

One thing wrong with that theory

I'm sure you see the flaw.

5 hours ago, justfoxes said:

So looking at the sports news Chelsea want Nick Pope figure of around £50m so if Pope is about £50m how much would Manure have to pay to prise Kasper from Leicester ?

probably about half that. He’s 33.

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I'm surprised by how many people are okay with the prospect of losing one of our best and most consistent players to a rival.

I think we are all aware the pull Man United have for him.  

He’s been a loyal and dedicated professional to this club for many years now... I certainly wouldn’t begrudge him a move to Man United...as long as we get Dean Henderson in exchange :whistle:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

Exactly, the game commands so much more from a goalkeeper now than just stopping shots. Ederson, Ter Stegen and Alisson are prime examples. 

This is also the reason why it's not the end of the world if he goes.

Leaving aside the fact that this story has less truth than your average Trump press conference, I'm amazed how many people are ok with the idea. Prior to Kasper our last actual keeper of any quality was Tim Flowers and that was over 20 years ago now.

Given the fact we 'Need' new wide forwards, experience in midfield, a new centre back and prob a new left back as well, spending 30m+ on a new goalkeeper when we already have a very good one is low down on the list of priorities.

And who is there anyway who we could realistically upgrade? The vast majority of prem keepers are comparable in quality to Kasper after that you're looking at your Allison's and Oblaks. Crap source and a crap idea

It's all just media talk. Why would man utd want another keeper when they have De Gea and Henderson (plus Romero) unless they are going to sell both Kasper isn't going there. 

So much agent work going on currently trying to get their players new contracts 

5 hours ago, TeaMen Tom said:

This is also the reason why it's not the end of the world if he goes.

He won’t anyways. I wouldn’t want to see him go either. But he’s our level, he’s not Man Utd level unfortunately and would eventually succumb to being replaced bu Henderson if he continues at the rate he’s improving (baffles me that Kasper’s linked when they still have him).