Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Kasper Schmeichel

If this is true it means for some reason Utd don't rate Henderson at all at the minute.

I'd do a straight swap for Kasper and Henderson and sling a massive buyback clause in Hendersons contract. Kasper has been great for us but sometimes you get the feeling he's not being challenged enough and he can at times get a bit complacent. That and the fact is if Man Utd came calling he'd demand the move so if it happened it would make sense to move him on.

• Like 1

There is no way utd will buy kasper... I wonder if this is his agent chasing a rise like maderson just got.  Kasper is a good keeper... but not top four...  utd will have seen how the goalie made about difference for liverpool etc. 

Edited by foxinsocks

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

If this is true it means for some reason Utd don't rate Henderson at all at the minute.

I'd do a straight swap for Kasper and Henderson and sling a massive buyback clause in Hendersons contract. Kasper has been great for us but sometimes you get the feeling he's not being challenged enough and he can at times get a bit complacent. That and the fact is if Man Utd came calling he'd demand the move so if it happened it would make sense to move him on.

That's the reason it isn't true.

If Man Utd got Kasper in then that sends a message to Henderson that his time is done at Man Utd. 

Also if they got Kasper in then Leicester want too much money, what happens to De Gea as I'm sure they couldn't sell him. Everything is so wrong, complicated and so many barriers that this is almost certainly a complete non story. 

• Like 1

The two unknowns are

1. Would Kasper go to Man U potentially as second choice behind DeGea. Could it be that he sees the opportunity of playing out his boyhood dream and is prepared to wait a year or even accept he is second choice (which I doubt)

2. Whether Leicester would sell. He is a very good keeper, I wouldn't say great, so unless the Club can get an upgrade I see little point considering selling him.

Like others have said, he has a close bond with the owners, but the pull off playing for Man U might (if true) be something that would always play on his mind if he didn't take the opportunity.

18 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

The two unknowns are

1. Would Kasper go to Man U potentially as second choice behind DeGea. Could it be that he sees the opportunity of playing out his boyhood dream and is prepared to wait a year or even accept he is second choice (which I doubt)

2. Whether Leicester would sell. He is a very good keeper, I wouldn't say great, so unless the Club can get an upgrade I see little point considering selling him.

Like others have said, he has a close bond with the owners, but the pull off playing for Man U might (if true) be something that would always play on his mind if he didn't take the opportunity.

Of course he'd go. ManUtd are his team who he's always supported and dreamed of playing for- and he'd consider himself in a good position to battle with De Gea right now.

If you were Kapser you'd want to take this opportunity if it was real.  Man Utd are building a really exciting team, have champions league and are on the way up.  

He owes us nothing and realistically has achieved everything he can with us so who would begrudge him a big move away to the same club his father played for? 

Anyway I don't think there's any substance to this rumour.

If he did go I think we underestimate how big a loss it would be. He's a leader in the dressing room and an immensely popular guy. I feel like we'd miss him off the pitch same as on it. He's the kind of character that can improve a team just by his personality, creating an environment and ethos that other players want to be part of. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, srex9 said:

If he did go I think we underestimate how big a loss it would be. He's a leader in the dressing room and an immensely popular guy. I feel like we'd miss him off the pitch same as on it. He's the kind of character that can improve a team just by his personality, creating an environment and ethos that other players want to be part of. 

Popular? Really?

5 minutes ago, srex9 said:

Fully agree. If players cannot stand Kasper, then they are not winners who care about Leicester. You can see how much he wants the team to do well and win - if players can’t stand that, we don’t want them here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, srex9 said:

Amongst the players and staff most definately 

Definitely isn't lol ego maniac! Maybe gets on with Brendan for that reason but I doubt many others like him.

Would you like constantly being shouted at at work by the person who put you in the shit in the first place?? 

• Like 3

this is so obviously BS its laughable, if its a contract play from Kasper and his agent call their bluff, tell them to get United to send us Henderson in return and he can leave, I bet the rumour suddenly disappears

24 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

To be fair at elite level football a lot of defenders don’t mind being lambasted by their keeper for 90 minutes. If it’s helping organise the team and pulling everyone towards the common goal of getting 3 points then it’s appreciated. The fact Kasper has been the captain for most the season as well suggests the other lads respect him and he’s not just a negative egocentric twat. If anything he’s one of few men still left in what’s becoming a boys game.

If you don’t have the mentality to take flak from your goalie when you get something wrong then you probs don’t have the mentality to play Premier League football.

I’d like to think as well Kasper took full responsibility for the mistakes vs Bournemouth and Man U, I’m sure he came out after the Bournemouth game and publicly said he wasn’t good enough that day. 

I meant more when he skews a pass and the defenders have to mop up... or kicks it straight out for a throw and the opposition score. You always see him moaning about the defence not being organised in those situations, despite the fact they wouldn't have had to be if he could kick straight. 

• Like 1

We don't need to give him another contract, this one lasts three years so unless he buys himself out of it he'll either play or sit on the bench and Danny Ward gets a go.

He'll be here until the end of this contract at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, srex9 said:

There is a difference in being popular and respected, I think people respect him for what he's done for the club and that he's a decent keeper, but not sure about popular!

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Kasper in the biggest diva in the dressing room. I think you would be surprised in regards to sentiment towards him. 

Yes, I can't recall where I got it from....but I have this image he's quite an abrasive character and certainly not one of the lads. 

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

Definitely isn't lol ego maniac! Maybe gets on with Brendan for that reason but I doubt many others like him.

Would you like constantly being shouted at at work by the person who put you in the shit in the first place?? 

Fair enough. I've obviously interpreted things differently to most then and I'm possibly wrong 😅 

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yes, I can't recall where I got it from....but I have this image he's quite an abrasive character and certainly not one of the lads. 

From what I hear this is about spot on

I guess it’s understandable to some extent

Imagine being a kid and having the likes of Cantona and Keane rocking up at your front door to see whether Peter was coming out to play....

He shouts and gets angry a lot so as far as Foxestalk is concerned he's the perfect leader. I would personally prefer my captain to be a little less hot-headed but I suppose it takes all sorts doesn't it?

His influence in the dressing room, whether you think it's a positive or not, would be difficult to replace. I don't think it'd be as difficult to find a keeper of equivalent quality.