Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Kasper Schmeichel

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

From what I hear this is about spot on

I guess it’s understandable to some extent

Imagine being a kid and having the likes of Cantona and Keane rocking up at your front door to see whether Peter was coming out to play....

Roy Keane can’t stand Schmeichel. Read Keanes book. Pretty decent

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Ah I get you.

To be fair Allison and Ederson are the only goalkeepers in the league who seem to be able to get it right near enough every time with their distribution, I don’t think Kasper‘s is all that bad and it’s a lot better than what it used to be. Don’t think it’s perfect by any means but I wouldn’t say it’s terrible either.

Ederson for sure but am I the only person who thinks Allison's distribution can be decidedly iffy? He seems to make quite a lot of mistakes playing out to me but has got lucky every time except for when he got tackled in the penalty area by Kelechi a couple of years back in our home game v Liverpool, which led to a goal by Ghezal of all players!

Not a problem if he goes for me, I have been hoping we are going to freshen up the squad, this would be a good start.

No **** all about kasper, been loads of rumours about his attitude, running to the chairman etc, not really bothered about that, he hasn’t been great last couple of seasons, has many weaknesses, and if Man U fans aren’t happy with their mistake ridden keeper, 😂 I hope they buy him just for the entertainment, the keeper they have is leagues above kasper 😂 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Buzzing to see Kasper go? Really?

i'm baffled with the link to Man utd to be honest, people will rightly recall Bournemouth and Man utd errors, but for me Burnley Away, Chelsea in the 2-2 draw there was about a 6 week spell in December- Jan when I felt we were gonna concede every free kick or corner we conceded, Brighton penalty save was great, it's not that I don't rate Schmeichel hes been a great servant, it's that I highly rate Henderson, an out of the two only one of them is going to be playing to a high standard in 5 years time 

Just now, Beachyboy said:

i'm baffled with the link to Man utd to be honest, people will rightly recall Bournemouth and Man utd errors, but for me Burnley Away, Chelsea in the 2-2 draw there was about a 6 week spell in Jan- Feb when I felt we were gonna concede every free kick or corner we conceded, doesn't command the box, punches when he should catch sometimes, Brighton penalty save was great, it's not that I don't rate Schmeichel hes been a great servant, it's that I highly rate Henderson, an out of the two only one of them is going to be playing to a high standard in 5 years time 

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Buzzing to see Kasper go and not see him replaced permanently? Really?

With a 12 month loan sure why not? Ward must have something about him surely as well to pay £12 million, and a year to look around also, Schmeichel has 3 good years tops in him anyway, I know keepers play for longer, but a player with something to prove is always gonna have more hunger than one that thinks he made it already. 

59 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

With a 12 month loan sure why not? Ward must have something about him surely as well to pay £12 million, and a year to look around also, Schmeichel has 3 good years tops in him anyway, I know keepers play for longer, but a player with something to prove is always gonna have more hunger than one that thinks he made it already. 

Replace that with 'well and truly has'.

I feel like on balance Schmeichel is worth staying as our #1. He has his shortcomings but I feel he earns up points, especially when the rest of the team look utter s*** he keeps us in games (barring bournemouth and man u lol). I think he has a couple good seasons yet.

• Like 1

Leicester star prepared to do ‘anything’ to seal dream Man Utd move
Date published: Tuesday 4th August 2020 4:52

Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel would reportedly jump at the chance to join Manchester United if given the opportunity.

Several reports in recent months have linked United with the search for a new goalkeeper. The speculation comes amid doubts over David de Gea’s form.

The Red Devils’ no.1 has struggled for form since signing a new long-term deal in September. Indeed in March, he joined Jordan Pickford in producing the joint-most errors leading to Premier League goals since the start of last season.

More recently, British newspaper The Sun claimed United are keen on Schmeichel, son of Red Devils legend Peter.

Speaking to Ekstra Bladet (via Sport Witness), former centre-back Mikkel Bischoff has provided further insight into Schmeichel’s mindset over a move to Old Trafford. The pair worked together while Schmeichel was a Manchester City youth player.

“Schmeichel is a huge United fan. He always has been and always will be, it will be the biggest dream come true if he were to succeed [in joining United],” Bischoff said.

“If Kasper gets the opportunity to play just ten games for United, then he jumps. It’s simply so big for him.

“He is such a big fan that he will do anything to get to that club.”

Bischoff added that United’s interest will not wane given Denmark international Schmeichel’s advancing years.

“United will certainly not be deterred by his age of 33 years,” he added.

“The most successful goalkeepers at the club in recent years have been well into their thirties, [Peter Schmeichel and Edwin van der Sar]. He can easily play three or four good years there.”

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/kasper-schmeichel-prepared-to-do-anything-man-utd-move

I don't see a situation where United would want him, unless he's going as back up which wouldn't happen yet. Unless Kasper is that desperate to go there he's happy to sit on the bench. 

Can see him trying to get a move there in a couple of years when he's happy to be second or even third choice and hope he gets the odd game.

Of course he'd jump at the chance to join Manchester United. Most players would even without his connection to that club.

However, he's only one appearance away from equalling Kingy's appearances for us, which would take him into the top 10 for number of appearances for the club. Ever. 

I'd say in modern football that is quite remarkable. When he finally goes he'll be thought of in the same light as some of some of our other more recent legends... Walshy et al, but until then I kinda want him to accumulate as many appearances for us as possible.

He'll be the captain when Wes finally hangs his boots up in about ten years time, and yeah he's prone to the odd clanger... But many goalkeepers are. Their clangers are more clanger-y than any other position on the pitch. His distribution is either sublime or dreadful, and never in between, and he's right up there with the best shot-stoppers in the league. 

Long may Kasper stay between the Citeh sticks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't see a situation where United would want him, unless he's going as back up which wouldn't happen yet. Unless Kasper is that desperate to go there he's happy to sit on the bench. 

Can see him trying to get a move there in a couple of years when he's happy to be second or even third choice and hope he gets the odd game.

Maybe he backs himself to start on the bench and win his place? Romero started 15 games last season, which is more than enough to make a good impression and win a number one spot.

Chelsea haven't been scared to drop their number one, maybe it'll become more of a thing, having two really competitive keepers.

Having said that all this makes me laugh because Romero is the best No.2 in the world and to be honest would walk into about 14/15 Premier League teams as their number one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Maybe he backs himself to start on the bench and win his place? Romero started 15 games last season, which is more than enough to make a good impression and win a number one spot.

Chelsea haven't been scared to drop their number one, maybe it'll become more of a thing, having two really competitive keepers.

Having said that all this makes me laugh because Romero is the best No.2 in the world and to be honest would walk into about 14/15 Premier League teams as their number one.

Maybe, the Europa league gave Romero more starts but I don't think they will rotate as much now they're in the champions league. I just think De Gea will be number 1 for as long as he is there, and if he's going surely they would use Henderson?

Is Romero leaving?

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Maybe, the Europa league gave Romero more starts but I don't think they will rotate as much now they're in the champions league. I just think De Gea will be number 1 for as long as he is there, and if he's going surely they would use Henderson?

Is Romero leaving?

Leeds apparently. I'd take him though!

6 hours ago, davieG said:

Things change, though. Unless it says he stays in contact with this bloke (can't see it mentioned) then he's talking about a player 15 years younger. Kasper has a lot with us- plays every week, captains the side, has European football and also he's got the national team to think about with the Euros next year.

I doubt he'd want to sit on the bench at any club, no matter how big a fan he is.

• Like 1

It’s only his old man doing his usual transfer window, my son would be better off at Man U crap.

He is no better than what they already have, in fact he ain’t as good he makes just as many blunders.

He will only ever be a No 2 if he goes.

But if it’s him talking and not his old man, let him go I am sure we could find a better keeper.