Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

On 28/10/2020 at 13:19, themightyfin said:

6 figure Bid put in for  Jacob Wakeling im told. Would be massive money for Alvechurch if it goes through. Player already agreed terms so expect it to happen.

Any update on this? Wonder if the club would announce it or not...

On 28/10/2020 at 21:19, themightyfin said:

6 figure Bid put in for  Jacob Wakeling im told. Would be massive money for Alvechurch if it goes through. Player already agreed terms so expect it to happen.

6 figure?   I thought I read 5 figure somewhere..... must be dreaming.

Edited by mozartfox

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

U18's 6-1 down away at Brighton, getting absolutely bull hammered by all and sundry this season. 

Our youth groups were really good last season

U18s finished 4th

U23s finished 2nd

Now since we have loaned out a good chunk of our u23s and promoted some from the u18s to replace them, both squads seem to be really suffering

• Like 1

Doesn't feel like there's many rough gems in the younger teams at the mo. I know the Pennant's and Taraves are highly regarded but they don't even seem to start that many games? Am I wrong? Surely it should be a real focus given the training ground investment and likely lack of transfer funds for a while.

8 minutes ago, sdb said:

Doesn't feel like there's many rough gems in the younger teams at the mo. I know the Pennant's and Taraves are highly regarded but they don't even seem to start that many games? Am I wrong? Surely it should be a real focus given the training ground investment and likely lack of transfer funds for a while.

I don't understand why they aren't even filling out thr bench for our Europa League games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Kian Pennant is 16 and in the U18's, would be good to see him push for the U23's in the next year. Terell is being completely wasted aged 18 and flitting between the U23's and then back in the U18's. He was the U18's standout player last season. 

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I don't understand why they aren't even filling out thr bench for our Europa League games.

Most likely due to the squad bubbles the club has in place, don't want players moving from the youth squads into the first team and risking Covid

3 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

They youth teams are losing most weeks, what makes you think they're good enough to be on the bench for the first team?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

Chituru Odunze has apparently been called up to the US national team for their next 2 games!

And is yet to make an appearance for our U23's, in fact he doesn't even start much for the U18's this season hahahahahahaa

13 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

Chituru Odunze has apparently been called up to the US national team for their next 2 games!

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And is yet to make an appearance for our U23's, in fact he doesn't even start much for the U18's this season hahahahahahaa

For context, the game is in Wales. So i'd hazard a guess this might be a locational pick rather than any sort of talent he's shown this season. Squad filler.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

For context, the game is in Wales. So i'd hazard a guess this might be a locational pick rather than any sort of talent he's shown this season. Squad filler.

Yeah Kasey Keller has been asked to go in nets after doing some TV work over here. 

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Due to covid, the US national team is only calling up players based in Europe. I'm not sure we even have another keeper. 

That said, it's a great opportunity for him. If he can prove himself in camp, he may warrant playing in the olympic team.

Just now, Collymore said:

Yeah Kasey Keller has been asked to go in nets after doing some TV work over here. 

lol 

The only other reasoning would be to get people capped. But both games are friendlies so Odunze for example could still qualify for England

1 minute ago, Detroit Blues said:

Due to covid, the US national team is only calling up players based in Europe. I'm not sure we even have another keeper. 

That said, it's a great opportunity for him. If he can prove himself in camp, he may warrant playing in the olympic team.

Yeah this is what I assumed it would be about. 

To be fair it seems a lot on twitter are happier watching this selection than those in the MLS who would also normally be picked. 

Just seeing our U18s are currently losing 4-1 to Chelsea at HT. 

We've played 6 and half games so far and conceded 29 goals and scored 9. 

That's like nearly averaging conceding 5 goals a game!

I'm sorry but what the hell is going on there? How can it be so bad? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1