Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

He would be lucky to be offered anything north of £5,000 to be honest. Clubs are being even tighter with contracts because of covid so I doubt he would even get that. 

Probably misheard the monetary amount/comment, but the rest made a lot of sense. BR promising opportunities, then with none being given or apparent, he's kicked up for a move

2 minutes ago, nnickn said:

I cannot quite follow this thread.

It seems to me that the player was offered 44000 a week by Sheff Utd, but is now on loan at Wycombe.

This is a bit special, even for FoxesTalk.

Quite simple suggestion really. Player was promised first team action amid an offer from another prem team. That hasn't happened, player is pissed and had a kick up to BR. Pushed for a loan and is now at Wycombe. 

21 hours ago, brucey said:

I wonder how much James Justin is on? He also only played in L1 previously....

But an estimated £8 million fee tho to Luton  . How much fee would Sheffield Utd would've had to pay to warrant 44k a week ? LCFC would've drove him there  !!

Edited by jamesmilner

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Probably misheard the monetary amount/comment, but the rest made a lot of sense. BR promising opportunities, then with none being given or apparent, he's kicked up for a move

Ultimately, it's all hearsay, you're quoting 3rd hand reported information, some of which seems very dubious. You've got no idea what BR may or may not have promised. 

Not having a pop, but really nothing can be read into this as far as I'm concerned. 

19 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

There's absolutely no chance Sheffield United offered a player that's only played in L1 £44k a week.

44k seems unlikely but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were offers. Posh fans said he could easily play in the prem. Let’s assume they’re wrong by a league, then he’s a promising young lcfc academy player, already good enough for the Championship, from an academy that keeps pumping out Premier League players and England internationals.

(I was a bit non plussed why he didn’t get much time pre season. A dm who used to play cb would seem attractive to bren surely )

Edited by Foxxed

1 minute ago, Foxxed said:

44k seems unlikely but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were offers. Posh fans said he could easily play in the prem. Let’s assume they’re wrong by a league, then he’s a promising young lcfc academy player, already good enough for the Championship, from an academy that keeps pumping out Premier League players and England internationals.

He did well at Posh but they barely played him when he came back from injury, was often a sub so I'm still not sure of how good he can be. The step up to the Championship will be a better gauge, although Wycombe could be on to a hiding every week if they don't quickly improve.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He did well at Posh but they barely played him when he came back from injury, was often a sub so I'm still not sure of how good he can be. The step up to the Championship will be a better gauge, although Wycombe could be on to a hiding every week if they don't quickly improve.

Yeah I recall his lack of game time after injury. But before that Posh fans were all “enjoy him while he’s here. He’s destined for bigger things”. And they did try to buy him iirc. And he is highly rated by the club. For my money, he was the best player I saw in the u23s after Hamza and Barnes when I was watching a year back.

After getting Fofana, and the return of Amartey, along with Hamza and Mendy I reckon he’s found all his opportunities blocked. Pity really. I don’t think Knight is better than any of the above, and I’m not even sure he’s a CB anymore, but I always prefer to see our academy graduates develop in the first team. Hopefully Thomas will get some game time at least this season.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Ultimately, it's all hearsay, you're quoting 3rd hand reported information, some of which seems very dubious. You've got no idea what BR may or may not have promised. 

Not having a pop, but really nothing can be read into this as far as I'm concerned. 

As with every piece of information, I implore people to query and doubt sources and ultimately come to their own conclusions.

This site is full of 1st, 2nd and 3rd hand info. Take it as gospel, with a pinch of salt or discount it altogether. Either doesn't fuss me, I got told something and passed it on.

Some of it makes sense, some bits don't. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Sam Hughes starting for Burton vs Plymouth

Mitch Clark starting for Port Vale vs Carlisle

Darnell Johnson starting for Wigan vs Crewe

Half time scores:

Plymouth 1-0 Burton

Port Vale 0-0 Carlisle

Crewe 2-0 Wigan

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Half time scores:

Plymouth 1-0 Burton

Port Vale 0-0 Carlisle

Crewe 2-0 Wigan

Full time scores:

Plymouth 2-0 Burton (Hughes plays 90 mins)

Port Vale 0-1 Carlisle (Clark plays 90 minutes)

Crewe 3-0 Wigan (Johnson plays 90 mins)

Unfortunate results for all three, but more minutes under their belts, which is good to see.

12 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Not sure why, but looks like Hughes was the only CB of three at the back who lasted 90 minutes (2-0 loss to Plymouth). Good he's already getting game time.

Their captain (a CB) went off injured after 20 minutes. Hughes getting good reviews on Twitter 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 12:39, Ric Flair said:

I think it will be a great character building experience for him. 

WWFC are definitely going to struggle every game this season but it will be a great test for a young centre back to be up against it every week in a standard he's never played before.

Always liked Knights character as he always gives 100% so if you want to see whether he's good enough for the Championship, what better place than the club who are going to spend most of their season defending for their lives?

You'll never learn much about a player when they're having an armchair ride....its only when the s***'s flying that you really see a mans true character!

Edited by Foxy-Lady
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sam Hughes starting for Burton Albion vs Bristol Rovers

George Hirst on the bench for Rotherham United vs Norwich City

Josh Knight starting for Wycombe Wanderers vs Millwall

Darnell Johnson starting for Wigan Athletic vs Charlton Athletic

Mitch Clark starting for Port Vale vs Salford

Dewsbury-Hall (Luton) and Matty James (Barnsley) are not in the squads for todays games

Cardiff (Benkovic) and Leuven (Iversen, Sowah, Eppiah) play tomorrow, Besiktas (Ghezzal) play Monday

Benko can’t be registered in time for this weekends games 

Wycombe Wanders have scored their first ever goal with Josh Knight in the team. They’re going to win the league!

Is anyone watching?

Josh seems to be playing in central defence, rather than defensive midfield. Interesting. Interesting.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

Half time scores:

Sam Hughes - Burton Albion 0-0 Bristol Rovers

George Hirst (still on the bench) - Rotherham United 1-0 Norwich City

Josh Knight - Wycombe Wanderers 1-0 Millwall

Darnell Johnson - Wigan Athletic 0-0 Charlton Athletic

Mitch Clark - Port Vale 0-0 Salford