Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Mitch Clark to Port Vale 

Right. So am I getting this right? Mitch left Port Value to play in the u23s and now we’ve loaned him back, sensibly because his development will better improve at PV?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Right. So am I getting this right? Mitch left Port Value to play in the u23s and now we’ve loaned him back, sensibly because his development will better improve at PV?

I think he was on loan to PV last season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Nice to see us finally sending another player on loan to Burton, should loan them players more often

Half season loan with his contract expiring in the summer, I wonder if we're waiting to see how he does before deciding whether to offer him an extension. I'm still hopeful he will make it with us but wonder if his injuries still affect him. 

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

According to Wiki he was in the Villa Academy and loaned out to Port Vale before signing for us when he was again loaned out to Port Vale, he then went again but was stopped due to Covid and now he's off there again. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Clark_(footballer,_born_1999)

Leaves us with only Daley-Campbell and O'Connor as recognised U23 defenders. Flynn can play LB/LWB and they've brought Nelson and Godsmark-Ford up from the U18s (they're only first year scholars), but still a bit thin. Hopefully the U18s are up to scratch and can take their opportunity at a good level, and maybe it shows a change in strategy to playing the younger kids much earlier on in their development which is good to see.

• Like 3

The son of my Dad's colleague is friends with Josh Knight and a few others. Knight and a couple were promised first team appearances by Brendan, and he had an offer of £44k per week from Sheff Utd on the table. Obviously he's now at Wycombe on loan after being pissed off at not being given chances. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

The son of my Dad's colleague is friends with Josh Knight and a few others. Knight and a couple were promised first team appearances by Brendan, and he had an offer of £44k per week from Sheff Utd on the table. Obviously he's now at Wycombe on loan after being pissed off at not being given chances. 

I think you/he meant per month mate! lol 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

There's absolutely no chance Sheffield United offered a player that's only played in L1 £44k a week.

I wonder how much James Justin is on? He also only played in L1 previously....

https://insidefutbol.com/2020/10/09/did-everything-to-seal-loan-move-leicester-talent-delighted-with-move-away/476847/

Did Everything To Seal Loan Move – Leicester Talent Delighted With Move Away
09/10/2020 - 15:47 BST

INSIDE FUTBOL

Leicester City talent Sam Hughes has revealed that he did everything he could to seal a loan move to League One outfit Burton Albion once he found out the Brewers were interested in his services.

The 23-year-old centre-back has been an impressive presence in defence for Leicester City’s development squad since his arrival at the King Power Stadium in 2017 from Chester.

Hughes has put pen to paper on a loan move to League One outfit Burton Albion on Friday, where he will continue his development under the watchful eye of Jake Buxton until January.

The centre-back revealed that as soon as he learned about the Staffordshire outfit’s interest in snapping him up, he did everything he could to make the move happen in a bid to rack up first team game time.

Hughes vowed that he will give his best for his new team and believes that his aggressiveness and physical attributes will stand him in good stead as he takes the next step in his young career.

“We played against Burton in pre-season, with Leicester’s Under-23s, and just over the course of the last couple of weeks I found out they were interested”, Hughes told Burton Albion’s official site.

“I spoke with the gaffer at great length and so as soon as I knew that a club like this were interested in me I did everything I could with the people around me to try to make it happen.

“As a centre-half I’m aggressive, I like to be on the front foot, I like to use the ball in the right way and I’m sure like any defender will tell you I like to keep clean sheets!

“I’m hopeful with the attributes I’ve got that I can put that all together and benefit the team moving forward.”

Hughes spent part of last season on loan with Salford City in League Two, where he played 12 times in all competitions in the club’s first season in the EFL.

• Like 2

We might as well just sell all these 22-23 year olds that are out on loan as they are never going to get a look in with us. We are 1 short on squad numbers for the Europa, yet we don't consider it worthwhile keeping the likes of Knight/Johnson with us to make the numbers up.

Also from what I have seen of this year's under 23 team, I can't see too many of them figuring in the future 1st teams. I find it hard to see how our 100 million training ground will improve matters without a complete overhaul of scouting & coaching youngsters

• Like 1

I think part of the reason these guys are going out until January is because there contracts are up in the summer. If they do well they’ll get new deals. It’s teally make or break for them so hopefully they shine.

i do worry for josh knight though as wycombe are a league 1 team playing in the championship, it’s going to be really hard to shine. 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Sorry I like josh Knight but that sounds like absolute bollocks, no way a lad who's only had loan experience at league 1 level is being offered 40k a week by sheff utd

9 hours ago, Webbo said:

I think he was on loan to PV last season. 

Yeah, I recall the same. I really don’t understand the logic of this transfer to us from his perspective tbh. Seems like he’d have been better to stay at PV and try to impress bigger clubs. He spent a fair bit our u23s which seems strange. Unless he was trying to find a way into the first team. Ho hum

Nothing gives them better experience than EFL football. 

For example, I'd go as far as to say 10 goals in L2 in a season would be better on the CV than 20 for the U23s for a striker. 

As for Mitch Clark, I massively believe he has a really bright future but worry he's starting to get caught in that Ground Hog Day style developmental process we seem to have. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

He would be lucky to be offered anything north of £5,000 to be honest. Clubs are being even tighter with contracts because of covid so I doubt he would even get that. 

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

He would be lucky to be offered anything north of £5,000 to be honest. Clubs are being even tighter with contracts because of covid so I doubt he would even get that. 

I think the 44 grand a month tongue in cheek comment is probably about right !  Chuck in some decent bonus clauses and you have a deal ....