Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

16 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Exactly the same!

Worth watching for the Tavares free kick though!

And the fact one of our centre backs just appears to be watching the game go on around him most of the day. Its like they were short and I got roped in.

Are you thinking of our number 54? lol

Since Tavares' strike is no doubt gonna be on the goal of the month reel for November, would be good if we can make a conscious effort to vote for it... aasuming we don't spank Liverpool with 4 worldies 👀

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I have a to wait a month to watch the u23s again according to the internets. From what I can tell from here, Tav looks the most likely to make the move up.

Surely he gets a spot on the bench away at Braga the week after next. For once he's not gone away training with Portugal U20's so he could move up to training with the first team again.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely he gets a spot on the bench away at Braga the week after next. For once he's not gone away training with Portugal U20's so he could move up to training with the first team again.

Could be! Didn't we have Lesabela and the-AM-whose-name-Ive-forgotten last time? Have you watched many u23 games recently? Who do you think might make the step up (and who've been with us since pre-teens ideally, since they seem the ones the academy focuses on, after spending a decent training them. All our graduates fit his criteria so far).

17 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Could be! Didn't we have Lesabela and the-AM-whose-name-Ive-forgotten last time? Have you watched many u23 games recently? Who do you think might make the step up (and who've been with us since pre-teens ideally, since they seem the ones the academy focuses on, after spending a decent training them. All our graduates fit his criteria so far).

This season not many of them have impressed yet but it's been clear for a few seasons that Tavares has huge potential. Ben Nelson is only 16 and been playing for the U23's this season so he is one to watch at centre half. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Any news on Jacob Wakeling? Thought we were close to signing him from Alvechurch, but all seems to have gone quiet.

Especially as that level of football has been suspended again, I'd have thought he'd be in with our U23's.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Been fairly impressed with the snippets I've seen of him, technically very good. Any sign of Tavares?

I have had a look at all the training photos they posted yesterday and I don't seem to be able to see him, but the only non-first team player I can see is Thanawat so I imagine there are probably at least a couple more younger players there that we just can't see

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 20:08, Foxxed said:

I like the look of Callum Wright, gets a few goals and links up play well. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Under 18s lost 3-1 to West Brom earlier, Kian Pennant with our goal

We remain bottom of the table with 0 points from 8 games, 10 goals scored, 36 conceded

...I will take this for the moment, if it is a result of the transition of same style football, throughout the ages!!!

What I will be looking for is an incremental improvement as the season continues and the vision being borne out.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I will take this for the moment, if it is a result of the transition of same style football, throughout the ages!!!

What I will be looking for is an incremental improvement as the season continues and the vision being borne out.

Certainly hope it’s part of a wider vision and strategy which the club will lean in to  because in a results business that says “ clear your desk and return your car keys and you’ll be hearing from HR in due course “ :whistle:

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=38084
Published: November 21, 2020
Leicester City Ahead Of OGC Nice In Race To Sign Former Chelsea Goalkeeper Chibueze 

Leicester City Ahead Of OGC Nice In Race To Sign Former Chelsea Goalkeeper Chibueze

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Leicester City Academy are looking to sign Chelsea product Kelechi Chibueze in an attempt to shore up their leaky defence.

The Foxes U18s have conceded an astonishing 36 goals after eight matches in the U18 Premier League, an average of 4.5 goals per game.

While Southampton and Chelsea scored eight goals each against the young Foxes, they let in seven goals against Brighton & Hove.

Leicester City have maintained an interest in Chibueze for roughly one year now but the promising goalkeeper ended up signing a scholarship deal with Chelsea this past summer, only for him to sever his ties with the Stamford Bridge outfit just before the close of the transfer window last month.

A former England U16 international, Chibueze has been training with Leicester City youth teams for about two weeks with a view to signing a contract.

The 16-year-old has earned positive reviews from the coaching staff and teammates and everything indicates that he will be offered a deal.

Chibueze was in goal for Leicester on Saturday afternoon as they suffered a 3-1 defeat at the hands of West Brom in the U18 Premier League.

The King Power Stadium outfit have to move fast to sign the Anglo-Nigerian as he is attracting concrete interest from French Ligue 1 club OGC Nice.

Chibueze spent ten years at Chelsea before ending his association with the London club.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

• Thanks 1