Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

2 minutes ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Does seem strange to pull Tavares at half time, unless there were orders to pull him at half time for some reason...

He won't be included in the weekends squad.

He has been taken off because we have a shit development squad manager in Beaglehole. The guy should of been sacked 5 years ago

17 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Good :ph34r:

#traditionalist 

But in all seriousness, I really don't agree with the academies competing. 

Neither do I.

Hopefully the last 8 will be all football league teams like it should be. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Neither do I.

Hopefully the last 8 will be all football league teams like it should be. 

...is that because we are taking up a place and depriving fringe lower league players of an outing!!!

If we are looking to expose our academy to a higher grade of football,  doesn't this tournament serve a purpose. 

The ideal scenario would be placement on loan to lower league clubs but we would still be impacting the development of up and coming players at these clubs.

There has been suggestions on this forum of bringing back the Reserve League, back to Monday night football, but the way clubs are now ran, putting players in such a competitive situation, leaves the manager out on a limb to risk injury as opposed to playing a player outside of the 23 where injuries do not carry the risk of failure to qualify for Europe.